Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Forgetfulness is a Terrible Thing.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lothiandon1940, May 17, 2019.

1. This morning I was under the hood of the '40 just checking a few things and had my trusty LED trouble light stuck to the underhood with its' rather strong magnet. Finished what I was doing and closed and latched the hood. All is good, right? 45 minutes later I'm looking for my LED trouble light. Yep, you guessed it, went out in the garage, opened the hood of the '40, and there it was, light still on, stuck up under the hood. This getting old thing is tough. Does anyone else have occasional lapses or is it just me?:( 20190517_072813.jpg DSCN7764 (1).JPG

2. alchemy

alchemy

I think I forgot something once, but I can’t remember what it was.

3. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Wait till you have alzheimers? My wife has it .she likes westerns ,will watch Shane in the morning and again in the afternoon and say that's a new movie isn't it.

4. oldolds

oldolds

Good you remembered where it was before you went for a ride. One of mine has been missing for a week. I am sure it will be found sometime.

OLSKOOL57, rjones35, loudbang and 4 others like this.

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

don't feel bad! im in the boat with ya! this getting old has nothing golden attached to it!

6. LAROKE

LAROKE

Every time I leave for work in the morning, I do the geezer Macarena. I pat my head for glasses and teeth, my chest for pen, my sides for keys, wallet and pants, etc.

7. 2935ford

2935ford

It's called a "Senior Moment". Mom told me not to worry about it! :)

8. Deuces

Deuces

:(

OLSKOOL57, Stogy, 48fordnut and 4 others like this.
  9. topher5150

topher5150

I left a breaker bar on a belt tensioner, while changing the belt, fired it up, CLANK CLANK CLANK, i'm just glad the fan survived.

10. Slopok

Slopok

No you're not alone, at least you remembered what it was you couldn't find!o_O

11. .........That's sad. I'm sorry that you and the wife have to deal with this. A longtime friend of mine has developed Parkinson's and it's if he has given up on life now. Sad, very sad indeed.:(

12. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Oh yes all the time. I keep telling Theresa that I have CRS disease (can't remember shit).

13. ..............I love it! The "Geezer Macarena". That's classic.:D

OLSKOOL57, dwollam, LAROKE and 7 others like this.
  14. I need about 3 cups of coffee before I can function proper. I’ll loose the first cup and grab another. 50/50 chance I’ll loose #2 or find #1.
    3 cups out of the cupboard.

4300 square feet and if you don’t put stuff where you know where to find it you’ll spend a lot of time looking for it.

15. TERRIBLE disease! My wife is past that point.

Ben

16. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I love the geezer Macarena, I had never heard it put this way, Theresa got a good laugh when I read it to her

48fordnut, OLSKOOL57, dwollam and 4 others like this.
  17. belair

belair

I drove from Abilene to Ft. Worth one time with tools on the running board of my 38 Chevy coupe. They were still there when I got out of the car. And my deepest sympathy and admiration for you guys caring for an Alzheimer's patient.

18. wicarnut

wicarnut

First comes CRS, Can't Remember Sh-t, Next is CRAFT, Can't Remember A Fu-king Thing. Last, It doesn't matter anymore, You're History. Do not mean to make light of Dementia or Alzheimer's, Both a terrible disease, a sad fact of life, have dealt with both in our families, Nobody is promised tomorrow, Live, Love, Laugh. I have a past thread on Senior Moments, lots of replies, funny stories, We All have them. LOL. One of my favorites is driving down road and hearing tools fall out that I left laying under hood/car after fixing/Putzn

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    48fordnut, OLSKOOL57, Hnstray and 6 others like this.
  19. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Crap, I forgot what I was going to say.

20. khead47

khead47

Burt Munro. Spectacles-check. Testicles-check !

21. .........Done that too.....well almost. I left the oil fill breather of the Roadster laying on the intake once, closed the hood, started the car and went to move it when I heard a loud clanging as the breather cap bounced to the floor of the garage!:rolleyes: 329-vi.jpg

22. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Getting old is like being high and going through withdrawal at the same time.

23. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

While looking for a pen I’ll forget what I wanted to write down to make sure I won’t forget.
    I’m a list maker,it’s a sickness. ;)

mad mikey, Stogy, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  24. partssaloon

partssaloon

I can go to the store for two items with no problem but if I need three items and don't write a note the third item never gets in the basket.

25. No, it's just you...what were we talkin about?

26. v8flat44

v8flat44

My wife is a list maker too, but we forget where the list is....oh my.....

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. upspirate

upspirate

28. You need to post a video!

LAROKE, j3harleys, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  29. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Huh? Did I just read this thread?

30. wicarnut

wicarnut

Went Snowmobiling, a long ride, gassed up, put oil in oil tank forgot to put oil cap back on, stop for supper and notice oil on my boot, quite the mess plus had to buy a new cap as cap laid on exhaust at some point. I have Many moments, past and now LOL