Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hydro 4-Speed to Chevy starter help - what am I looking for?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KCTA Chris, May 13, 2019.

1. ol'55

ol'55

Sent you a message

2. junior 1957

junior 1957

IMG_1700 (1).JPG IMG_1699.JPG

Attached Files:

F&J and Fordors like this.
  3. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Ol'55 might have saved me - I'll let you guys know.
    Junior - that's the set up, glad you put the number up... I hope my situation can help the next guy with this conversion.

4. B.SUTTON

B.SUTTON
    from Peoria, IL

If you punch the 323-92 part number from Junior 1957 into NAPA’s interchange search, it’ll spit out a couple other part numbers that are supposedly replacements. The photos don’t match what you’re looking for, but I’ve seen that happen before on their website. Might be worth looking into even if you already have something lined up with Ol’55. Doesn’t hurt to have a spare. My high compression 301 has a tendency to be hard on starters - busted a cast iron nose cone off one and ate a drive on another when I’ve gotten a little overzealous with the initial timing.

5. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

The International 345 engine used an extended nose like that,it had a 2 bolt flange mount.
    the Mercruiser engines had one like it too.
    I would be looking for one and adapt it to fit.
    Both had delco starters.

6. Way cool. Maybe, when Andy comes through the area on his way out west, we can get him to make a stop in MO to have dinner. I'd be willing to run up that way.

7. You use a 3 bolt starter for that. I got one here come get it. Oh and bring the big kid I like him.

8. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

LOL Of coarse you would have something! will call in a few.