Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods kudos to Jegs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southcross2631, May 14, 2019.

1. southcross2631

southcross2631

I bought a distributor from Jegs in March of 2018 and due to my car being a long term project I never had a chance to install this distributor. Today was the day for the install and much to my dismay I tried to drop the unit into my small block Ford with no results.
    I looked at the bottom of the shaft and there was no hex for it to drop into the oil pump shaft. After about 5 minutes of searching ,I found the original invoice and called Jegs.
    I got this nice young lady named Courtney on the phone and after I explained the situation she said that Fed Ex would be at my house tomorrow to pickup the defective part and as soon as they had my old one back that a new unit would be shipped out right away. I was prepared to have to argue over the fact that I had bought the unit well over a year ago, but no grief just good service.
    It was a manufacturing flaw and it could have happened to any company. I hope the new dist. is o.k. and I can get my Gasser project fired as soon as the new part arrives.
    It is partly my fault, normally I inspect new parts as soon as they arrive.
    The distributor is their brand.It is an SSR II series mechanical advance unit. Looks like an MSD copy.

5window, Tim, AHotRod and 11 others like this.
  2. JFK Killer

JFK Killer

Good for you.... Its nice when I read stuff like this. Usually all I seem to be reading is alot of negativity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Nice to see good service like this.

4. Terrible80

Terrible80

LM14 and GreenMonster48 like this.

5. 5window

5window

Still, good service.

Terrible80 likes this.
  6. My dad won the 1932 roadster from goodguys giveaway in Ohio a couple years ago
    The only problem was he wasn't there. He had a friend stand in for him, with no where to store the car. Jegs stepped up loaded the car in their trailer hauled it to their warehouse and my dad arranged transportion from there. That was great of them, and they did put his car on the front cover of their catalog.
    Todd

7. southcross2631

southcross2631

Fedex picked up the distributor today just like Jegs said they would. So far so good.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. 29moonshine

29moonshine

a friend bought a motor from them 1 mo out of warranty it went south the replaced it for free because he had not put many miles on it

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. southcross2631

southcross2631

Received my new replacement distributor yesterday. Jegs came through with good customer service.
    Unusual in this time of poor customer service. thanks Jegs.

10. Good to hear.

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  11. southcross2631

southcross2631

DSCF3498.JPG My new replacement distributor DSCF3498.JPG

12. wvenfield

wvenfield

Just thought I'd note.......ordered a radiator and fan yesterday afternoon. It arrived this morning. They are only 2.5 hours from me but still.