Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32-34 Ford pickup truck sell-a-thon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56don, May 10, 2019.

1. I was just cruising through the classifieds and saw no less than eight 1932-34 Ford pickup trucks for sale just on the first three pages. Strange I thought.
    Are these now out of favor with hot rodders? Maybe I need to put mine up for sale too.
    Just an observation..

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

hope not still enjoying mine

3. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Yeah, they're garbage. Value is gone. Just a little over scrap value. I hate to see a guy lose too much, so I'll pay you double scrap value for yours.

MMM1693, alanp561 and R A Wrench like this.
  4. OK...lemme think about it.:rolleyes:

alanp561 likes this.

5. thats odd, still a rare sight to see on craigslist locally here and parts are very hard to find locally as well. I'll never sell my 33, have way to much fun with that pickup.

6. bchctybob

bchctybob

Damn, I haven't even got mine running yet and they are already out of style? Ain't that just like me.

51 mercules likes this.
  7. Yep, as the saying goes...you are a day late and a dollar short.

town sedan likes this.
  8. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Man and I just got one last fall and the fad is already over [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

bchctybob, town sedan and blowby like this.
  9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

32-34 Pickups will never go out of style? At least United Pacific hopes not?

MMM1693 and town sedan like this.
  10. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I want one when I grow up.

11. 2935ford

2935ford

out of style.....never. Fun little pickumups! :)

12. Have had mine since 1983.It will be in the garage the day I die.

bchctybob likes this.
  13. If I could fit in one I'd buy one...

14. pkhammer

pkhammer

I'm building one now but maybe I should check the classifieds. Always room for one more!

15. From what I see of prices for parts, these trucks have gained a lot of popularity over the last decade or two. I think there are a lot of guys trying to get rich quick before the popularity wanes.

16. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Since craigslist went "pay to play", there's not much on it around here anymore.

17. Ha ha. You got that right. I had to take some of the padding out of my seat so that I could fit in it without my belly jamming the steering wheel. I think I got it about right but its not plush..
    h.JPG

lumpy 63, BigO and alanp561 like this.
  18. Even before that happened, it was a rare occurrence to see pickups or pickup parts for sale. I was and still am on there all the time looking for spare original parts.

They really shot up in value, especially the big trucks. Once it caught on you can take the cab, hood and grille of a big truck and stick a car chassis under them to make a pickup. Those values went out of sight

19. town sedan

town sedan

Always liked them and have wanted one since discovering and old dirty forgotten one behind a grain elevator 40+ years ago out on the Kansas/Colorado line.

The one I stumbled on back then still had it's black 'n white tuck & roll sun bleached upholstery. A tall two pot intake on the flathead and evidence it had a belly burner exhaust system in it's better days.

Problem is I've been told at 6' 1" & 230lbs I wouldn't fit inside one. Don't know if that's true, but I do know I don't bend, or fold, as well at I could at 17. Of course, I think most of us could say the same as we get older.
    -Dave

20. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

@town sedan Yes, a 6'1"/230 will fit but 2 look like conjoined twins :D

town sedan and alanp561 like this.
  21. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

They are very hot......prices are up.......people sell.

22. I was looking at them last summer and fall and could not find one in my price range. I noticed the same thing.

23. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Buy an unchopped one.
    I am 6’3” at 210 and fit comfortably.
    Even room for a few more inches of beer belly.

Hotrodmyk and town sedan like this.
  24. town sedan

town sedan

Hotrodmyk and Petejoe thanks for the good news. Next time one comes up in the area I might have to take a look.
    -Dave

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  25. Binkman

Binkman

6"5" 240 lbs.
    It was tough but I moved the shifter and took some material out of the seats, I have to drive with sandals or bare feet but it's a fun truck.
    It belonged to great friend of mine who felt he was getting too old to build it. I did it exactly how he would have done it. It was about 4 months from start to finish but the truck had no rust, no rot, or any dents.

Attached Files:

26. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

On me deuce pu we got creative with the shift lever so when it's in 5th it's out of the way. Two other things I did to make it more comfortable was used swing pedals and added a cruise control which really made a difference.

town sedan likes this.
  27. bchctybob

bchctybob

Hey Bink, don't feel left out, my '33 pu has enough rust, rot and dents for both of us !