Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dan Glover mid-engine gold 57 chevy from Yucaipa California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevrolet150, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

A friend of mine has a '57 210 Hardtop. But it must be a very early virgin – it has an older dash in it. Maybe they used leftover parts in the lesser series?

2. 50John

50John
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the good thing about that lead is the guy wasn't trying to return it to stock.

3. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

The Mid engine car was not a hardtop.

4. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Oh, BTW, Right hand drive '57's had a '56 dash. UK, New Zealand...

Johnny Gee likes this.
  5. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I have to admit that this is pretty interesting but I think that the range of the search has to be expanded to involve more people and groups. I am not sure how one would do that and what the value of it would be. What are you going to do if and when you locate the car, "beat the crap out of the guy for changing it" or drag the rusted remains up to Mr. Glover's driveway and drop it off. Like I say, this is an interesting topic and give you guys credit for looking, now where did I leave my car keys.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sorry for asking here but you've brought something I need an answer to. I've seen all that is involved for right hand drive on 56's. Did the UK 57's have 56 firewalls as well? since so much cross over happened along it's surface.

7. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Just saw what looks to be Dan Glover’s ‘57 on FB tri-five cars and parts for sale! In Illinois. Can’t post pics or link. Bueller, anyone?

8. 20190425_190740.jpg
    I don't think it is. Says he has the history

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

No no no. Wrong trim (model) for one.

10. I don't know if this was already posted but I thought it was pretty cool to see the ad from back in the day.

upload_2019-5-9_13-25-48.png

loudbang and chevy57dude like this.
  11. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Yes it was posted. But it is still cool to see it again. I remember taking the photo. You can see that the door rubber needed replacing...lol
    Dan

dan31, LOST ANGEL, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  12. Time for a bump. A lot of new guys since last post in May. Somebody has to know where it is.

13. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Did't they all? The door sealing rubber on Tri-Five Chevrolet's was always partly missing, hanging down, and some guys just removed what was left. The passenger side door on my high school, 56 210 would hang down after opening the door; had to hold it up, and in place, then close the door. Had to park next to my parents travel trailer, and had to get out/in the passenger side door. Went to school one morning, after getting in on the passenger side, and when I got to school, I got out the passenger door, held the rubber in place, and closed the locked door. The car was running, and of course the driver door was locked, having gotten in and out the passenger door. Had to run home to get my spare keys, and run back. All day I had guys coming up to me saying they saw my car, it was running, locked, and I was't around. That afternoon at my service station job I glued the rubber in place. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

KoolKat-57, Gotgas, razoo lew and 2 others like this.
  14. Somebody has to know something about where the car went.

15. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

What issue of Hot Rod or other magazines was it in?

16. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

I will need to get the dates when I return from overseas.
    But the list is
    Three times in Car Craft of which one was the 50 year issue, best of Car Craft, once in Drag Racing mag. Once in Super Chevy (Jan 1990) and in issue 66 of the Rodders Journal.Juernal.

kidcampbell71 and dan31 like this.
  17. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Thanks Dan. Ordered the RJ issue 66. Want to post this elsewhere for more exposure!

18. @ol55. Here what I posted earlier. It's a summary of the latest info known. It might help your posts elsewhere.
    "Lost 1957 Chevy 210 2 dr post sedan last seen in _______, Illinois and owned by ________(Jakes Rakes).
    Car was sold in 199__ from an ad placed by JakesRakes in the __________, Illinois Thifty Nickel paper. At time of sale, car was red with a 307 engine in stock location with no front bumper or grille. Car may have later gone to a government auction."

@jakesrakes

19. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

20. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

Is there anything about Dan Glover’s ‘57 that would identify it as “the car”? Not encouraging a clone just so much can be changed.

21. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

The rear end might be a clue along with the large Buick aluminum fined brake drums.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  22. brandi schaefer

brandi schaefer

Hi Dan
    My name is Brandi Schaefer. I have the 1955 Chevy Gasser that was featured with your 1957 in Rodders Journal.
    My father purchased it in 1990 and died the year after. When he died my uncle kept it and redid some items on it and now i have it. I do not know if you know Tom and Phil who built it, but I’m looking at getting as much information as possible. I have all the Car Craft Magazines and adds in the Newspaper.
    I would appreciate any info you have.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

23. Google Grand Touring Garage in North Bend, Oregon. That appears to be Phil's shop. Tom also appears to now be in North Bend.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  24. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Hi Brandi,
    Im really sorry but I don't know anything about the cool '55 other than what I read in TRJ.
    Good luck getting it like you want it.
    Dan

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    kidcampbell71 and LOST ANGEL like this.
  25. Arnie53933

Arnie53933

CHRISTmas bump@@

26. Bump for any new guys who might know something.

27. Arnie53933

Arnie53933

Come out, come out, where ever u are!!

28. Hey Dan, I know after all these years it may be a stretch, but do you remember the wheel/tire sizes that you ran on your gold 57? Did you have to mini tub the rear wheel wells? Thanks in advance.

And for the rest of you folks, yes we'd still like any info on the location of the original gold 57.

chevy57dude likes this.
  29. Still no whereabouts?

30. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

5D60D744-1778-4AB9-99EA-0292C0126384.png Any chance?