Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage race,drag,show video thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GEBHARD, May 8, 2019.

1. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Came across some of the best old footage ive ever seen today and thought we should have a dedicated embeded video thread for the old race, drag, and car show footage :cool:
    These two videos are gold....

Post and embed what you’ve found!

loudbang, Oldioron, BigO and 2 others like this.
  2. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

A bunch of texas cars, and chrisman in this one

3. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Hot rod ingenuity in 1958 pt 1 & 2

4. Good stuff! Enjoyed the pit and wrenching scenes. Some of the home movies are better than the pro ones.

loudbang likes this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some very familiar Hotrods in those @GEBHARD...Thanks for sharing them...

GEBHARD likes this.
  6. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Yes first video bunch of well known stuff.
    That coupe with the crazy heart shaped pointy grill in color!

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  7. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

8. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

9. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  10. Spent the evening watching old drag footage on YouTube... glad the wife talked me into a smart TV.. search Super Stock Drag Racing.... enjoy!

11. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

12. Way cool, thanks for sharing

loudbang likes this.
  13. loudbang, Stogy and GEBHARD like this.
  14. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

15. It's never been off the road 27 Ford don.jpg Linda_Vaughn_&_27__2_001.jpg 271.jpg but has changed over the years.

loudbang, GEBHARD and Stogy like this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rotunda-1955-custom-show3.jpg

:rolleyes:...Coincidentally I thought it was that Bill Hines creation...he did a couple similar but they were not Brewster Grilled, However one of them was at the Rotunda show where Oliver Hines Coupe was photographed above...

https://kustomrama.com/wiki/Oliver_Hine's_1933_Ford

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/...ies-oliver-hines-1933-ford-five-window-coupe/

Credit to Photographer, Owner

loudbang likes this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@carcruse is that Linda Vaughn...just curious...

There is a Late 50's Early 60's Canadian T Coupe that has a lot in common with this Hotrod Pickup...

scan0013-2.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  18. Yes it is.

19. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

20. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

21. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

22. 'Mo

'Mo

"Oh, the humanity!"

Well, not race, not drag, not show...but some of all.
    I'm sorry that the video conclusion was edited out. (It showed the damage, and was a bitchin' coda. Much more dramatic in picture, than in print!)
    I love the audio..."I'm going to step inside, where I cannot see it!"
    Now, that's a reporter!

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    loudbang and GEBHARD like this.
  23. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Nice 16mm color film from the early days at Lions Dragstrip in Long Beach, CA. It was my first copy, taken directly from getting them digitized from my film reels. The reels were labeled and separated, but the digital services guy put them all on one hard drive with the title Lions Dragstrip 1959. (DESPITE THE FACT THAT THE FILMS WERE TAKEN IN 1960 AND SOME IN 1958)

I was so happy not to have a giant film reel and a huge projector to view them that I loaded them up and sent them to Don Ewald for his website. I did nothing about editing them. I thought they were edited the way I labeled them before sending them to the digital guy. I was wrong and they did not get edited by those that I sent a copy, either.

Low and behold, they were not separated when digitized. What I sent to Don Ewald for his website got put on You Tube by him. I had no idea how to mess around with editing or You Tube, so I was pleasantly surprised to see it on my laptop. I sent Ryan at the HAMB the same digital film. He ran a great storyline about these historic films, as clear as they were, even though they were 57 years old.

So, now, I have retracted the comments to this film showing up on You Tube, it has been seen by over 7000 viewers, because it was the first time ever seen by the internet people. It was a mistake on my behalf to not edit the films to the years and dates before I sent them away to people that ran websites. If it gets deleted, that is fine with me. it is hard to tell 7000 people they were watching a jumbled mess.

Jnaki
    Thank you, Don and Ryan for being an outlet for my early films. But, since those very early 2016 days, I have grown up and saw the error that I made. So, I have been spending the last several years editing those films to the correct dates and times. I have even categorized them as to drag racing classes. The latest versions are on the J Naki channel on You Tube. At this stage, who cares about a minute long videos? The jumbled mess that was posted by you just makes people believe that Lions was a mess and racers were not in their correct year and dates. So if you want to delete your particular post, feel free to do so asap.

I already made amends to that original mistake for what it was worth. It was an outlet for some historic films, but they were just not in correct order. The newer versions are in order as much as possible with some direct drag racer/owner interviews and historic research. Those early films were almost three minutes long, but they were mixed up and confusing to those that were actually there enjoying the early (now, historic) drag racing at Lions.
    upload_2019-5-22_17-26-27.png One thing that came out of this jumbled mess of "out of order films" was the discovery of a single Hilborn Injector used on the famous Howard Cam Twin Bear race car. The item is one of a kind and has been verified by the Johansen family as the real deal. But, how many people looked at it and said, "nice Hilborn two port: as depicted by later versions of the race car?
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-induction-thread.1042950/page-147#post-13048643

EDITED, CORRECTLY DATED FILMS BRING OUT THE BEST IN HISTORIC RESEARCH.

24. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Soooooo that was your your footage, your not happy with it and you want me to delete the post? Ok.... will do

jnaki likes this.