Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods World Famous Shakey Puddin sells at Barrett Jackson??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ShakeyPuddin55, Feb 20, 2017.

1. eberhama

eberhama

At least you have it in writing that your car is world famous. It must have been a lot of work to convert it from a 2 door sedan to a hardtop.

town sedan likes this.
  2. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

No disrespect to Jim or his 55, but I have never heard of the "Shakey Puddin" race car. So I goggled "Shakey Puddin" and was surprised what showed up in the urban dictionary.o_O
    Anywhoo, cool car. I watched the Pass Time clip, awesome it runs in the 9.80s.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    loudbang likes this.
  3. The one that sold is "Fakey Pudding"

loudbang likes this.
  4. Gman0046

Gman0046

The one that sold is "Pulling Your Pudding"

Gary

loudbang likes this.
  5. Yeah, but with just a little work you could turn it into this:
    55.jpeg

blowby, clunker and loudbang like this.
  6. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

What a pile of s---. Wanna bitch slap whoever built that. Jim you got one of my favorite 55's, absolutely no bulls--- on that car anywhere, the epitome of a hot rod. The engine in that car sounds so f----- mean. I love it.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Unfortunately this guy seems to be mass producing theses abominations
    IMG_2268.jpg

8. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

If someone is famous, why does the adjective "famous" need to proceed their name?

9. The funny thing is I sent this link to the guy that painted the "High roller" on Instagram. Here's his response.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

Those dumbasses!!! There is only one Shakey Puddin and that pile is A mis representation. Fake news and now fake auction facts.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  12. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

loudbang likes this.
  13. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

Well said

loudbang likes this.
  14. anthony noel

anthony noel

let me know if you guys ever put anything together for the west coast, im in sacramento and would love to run my gasser, ill run at sac every once in a while, sure wish they had it going on out here

15. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I know very little about the gas classes. I rely on the knowledge folks here on the HAMB like Morairity, DDDenny, and Jim Dillon, who are walking encyclopedias IMO. But having been around drag cars for 50 years (mostly fuel cars) I was shocked at the original picture posted. No wheels like that would have ever been on any race car. If it was fast, it would have a roll bar. A hood ornament...Please ! Full interior??? Shouldn't the engine be set back some? And the only decal missing was the Rotary Club of Santa Fe Springs.
    And some guy bought this?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    quicksilverart46 likes this.
  16. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Moon tank? Looks like a beer keg to me

quicksilverart46 likes this.
  17. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

I followed your build of Shakey Puddin,”Fantastic”. Whatever that thing at BJ was is an abomination. I quit watching BJ because of things like this. Big Wheels and a paint job, “WOW”, $100,000. Yea,right.

Stogy likes this.
  18. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

Yup that’s the story I heard. And for a lot of money. Can’t fix stupid!

19. brasscarguy

brasscarguy
    from seattle

The sad fact for prospective buyers is the really fine print in B/J listing agreement. They are not responsible for anything , at anytime no matter how outrageous the b/s from the seller. They only say what the seller tells them and at no time do they even try to verify accuracy of any statement.

A couple of years ago they sold a side oiler Mustang for big money after strokin' the bidders on how rare this car was. The guy pays big bucks and shortly after he gets the car home the engine blows up. Now he's not upset about the grenaiding of the motor, but now finds out its not a side oiler motor. He contacts b/j and they tell him sorry not our problem we only stated what the seller told us "we are not experts just hucksters off loading the cars so we can make a lot of money" They told him his argument is with the seller period. The buyer got no satisfaction as far as anyone knows.

BUYER Beware !!!!!! especially with these fast buck artists running these hi dollar flimfam shows. It's all Hollywood and it makes good television.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

cktasto likes this.
  20. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

BJ has sold some "shaky" cars in the past, ZL1 #27 comes to mind. A twice removed VIN was the only genuine piece on the car. It is still out there. Caveat emptor.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's it TYPO...:D

loudbang and Lone Star Mopar like this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a lot of the changing face of the Hobby even here that pushes the wrong buttons...the Business in selling vintage cars goes with the flow so to speak and much of the car culture nowadays is distasteful as in NOT Hamb Friendly...

Copyright aside we here have made a choice to revere the past so obviously and it's quite noticable to me that post 65 things started to spiral in a distasteful way to now with the old vehicles looking like Hotwheels and yeah Hotwheels are humorous but I prefer that not be what I drive...

loudbang and OLSKOOL57 like this.
  23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

After thinking more on this I think the buyer got exactly what he wanted, he obviously didn't know any better.

bowie and Stogy like this.
  24. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Do you think any of “The HiRollers” at these colorful auctions has any mechanical knowledge at all? At least at the minimum to inspect or have a knowledgeable person check it out.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think there are plenty that know a lot at those auctions...it's really not appropriate to compare wealth to knowledge.

That car that shouldn't be allowed to grace this site may be completely sound and well built...it's just not representative of what (I Hope) we dig around here.

I hate seeing shit like that here. I visit here to get away from that and the mindset that goes with it.

It's really about a form of Copyright infringment more than everything else and that may be a non arguable issue as well...but I again know the Shakey Puddin I associate with the name...

loudbang likes this.
  26. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

Now that's Shakey Pudding. That was cool