Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Is there a car parts vendor in the usa that

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by nobby, May 2, 2019.

1. nobby

nobby

Is there an car parts dealer in the usa, that offers a service where
    they physically open the parts box, take a photo, send you the photo of the actual item
    make sure the quantities are correct
    instead of
    listing a part as 'x' top brand
    taking it out of the box, re-inserting some shite version.
    re-wrapping the box.
    sending you one of them when you have paid for two.

I am moaning as I just paid $161 dollars for two raybestos 7032r rotors shipped to the uk
    and received one crappy $12 shitter.

ffs

2. Maybe order from an actual autoparts store or undercar parts store like a Napa. But that would only be for in house stuff. Most special order stuff you have to pay up front from them anyhow.
    As far a flipping stuff out, that just sucks and I don't think the part store would know the difference.

3. 73RR

73RR

There are many reputable vendors right here on the Hamb and many, I hope, would act as a forwarding 'agent' if you asked. The issue then would be that you will be paying additional freight and a possible service fee.
    The other problem is that if you ask a Ford guy to inspect a Mopar camshaft......you get the idea.

4. 54vicky

54vicky

did you contact them?I would have thought the weight would have been the tip off.with the help today they probably went to shelf pulled box and shipped.shyt happens try contacting them

5. badvolvo

badvolvo

Yes there is. Summit, Jegs, Speedway have all treated me well.
    Just like people, some good, some bad, some really bad.

6. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Quit ordering stuff off Flea-Bay just because it is a few dollars cheaper.....

ClayMart and Just Gary like this.
  7. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I don't blame you , I would be pissed off too. Have you contacted the vendor or Paypal? Or your bank or credit card company?

Who was the vendor? I have bought parts from the US (I live in Canada) and most of the time have not had a problem.

8. Be sure to tell us what they say when you email them. Good or bad, tell us who they are.

Charlie Stephens

9. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

What a great idea! Should try that...But I have had fortunate luck, 1 bad feedback on a couple hundred items, guy was a real Delta Bravo...Sorry for your poor fortune, but keep on swinging!

10. fortynut

fortynut

What you need is an Englander, over here, who is a friend and is also hooked on hot rodding who is honest, friendly and brave to help you.run down stuff for stuff you do for him on the Isle. Maybe that is too Arthurian in sentiment but you boys need to stick together like you did in the dust up with the Jerrys.
    Might be something to mull over and ask around your neck of the woods with those whose tastes for modified old American Motor Cars parallels your own. Someone who goes to the point of origin where parts are sold is worth a lot in this era of indifference and shoddy work habits. When I was a teenager, I found out if I took the old part for comparison to the new warn't no varnish on the answer like when I didn't and came back complaining the part they gave me was wrong. Of course, being across the pond means that is not possible, but your friend's eyeballs after a careful description, exact measurements, part number, pictures and all you can do to get a clear picture in his mind will make giant steps towards a more pleasurable outcome. And, eBay is not a proper place to waste good money on something that needs to be up to snuff. The Aussies come up with a shopping list and fill a cargo container and ship back a lot of tractor parts that seem to fit about anything (wink and nod). You should come over and see how your cousins here go about doing the do. If you haven't already. Me not knowing a wit about yourself. Good Luck and all that rubbish. Be smart, and go fast to get a fair shot of adrenaline, and that's that.

11. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

And 99.9 percent off shore!!!!

12. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Crooks are everywhere.Who the heck are you dealing with and on what site? Never heard of that technique.

13. saltracer219

saltracer219

For O.E.M. replacement parts I have had good luck with Rockauto. They handle brand name parts, usually offer several grades of quality and they have always been as advertised.

Hnstray and j hansen like this.
  14. Think of it this way...Could they really think that " this guy ordered a black dog and we will send him a white elephant and he won't notice it". And everyone is on the internet, but he won't tell a soul. It's either a mistake by the kid getting $4 an hour, or they are intent on getting out of that business.
    It sucks trying to buy stuff from the other side of the world!

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I've been using Shipito for years now. I have individual items from various vendors sent to the CA address I used for consolidation into a single box for shipping down under. An available option, minor cost, is photographing package upon arrival. Next the package is opened to show the contents with multiple photographs taken from various angles displaying contents that are uploaded to your account for viewing.
    Multiple photos verify that I received exactly what I had purchased. It's never been a problem. Only once did I receive the incorrect parts (My bad) so all I did was send them back in exchange for the correct ones.
    A lot most cost effective than having them sent here and then having to return them later, more down time and cost. Another benefit is seeing if there is any damage to item or whilst in transit and completeness of order, everything is there. Once you view the photographs all you do is complete the online customs declaration before you have item(s) shipped. There are others as well, it's as simple as that.

dwollam and Hnstray like this.