Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Inline fuel pressure regulator for Ethanol Gas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod_grmi, May 1, 2019.

1. hotrod_grmi

hotrod_grmi

Want to know who makes a low pressure (1-6psi) inline fuel pressure regulator that holds up with ethanol gas. Tired of replacing 2 or 3 a year of the Offy inline regulators that fail due to the ethanol. I have looked at the Holley, Edelbrock and others but they all have the inlet at 90 degrees to the outlet. What I am looking for is an inline regulator (like Offy's) to work on my caddy with 6 stromberg 97's. What’s out there??

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  2. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Ethanol/methanol (water) will attack all...bare aluminum !
    Buying anodized aluminum parts will extend the life a little, but it will eventually be susceptible. Some of the higher end regulators are anodized...OR...
    Go and buy your favorite regulator and...have it anodized...

Note - Additives that help with eliminating water corrosion will help, since the additional water brought into the system by the alcohol is what starts the problem.
    See the various fuel injector cleaners to help. I use Lucas in my cars and motorcycles. Have for years.

Mike

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Deuces likes this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have the Holley 12-804 on a couple of my cars currently and one of them has been in service for a few years running crap gas and doing fine. I do run Stabil in the winter when storage is a concern. You are correct, the inlet is in the bottom of the reg and the outlet to either side.

4. hotrod_grmi

hotrod_grmi

Thanks for the the tip on anodizing.
    As for additives I found a good product to use from a marine mechanic friend is Sta-bil 360 a Marine Ethanol treatment.

Yes, I am very familiar with the Holley 12-804 regulators and do work great but again looking for an inline regulator. I do run Sta-Bil for winter storage and have now found Sta-Bil 360 marine stabilizer additive is a great product to use. Thank. Mike