Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dave Williams' C-cabover???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mr57, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Th thread on Normie-poo's Hennway got me to thinking about this thing. Is it still around? Anyone got pics? It wouldn't be that hard to duplicate, I don't think....

2. Can you be more vague? Seriously, a better description of the vehicle and any history you know of it may help.

When was it around?
    What color was it?
    Did it win any national events?

Fill in the details you know and it may jar some memory banks.

3. OldSchoolObee

OldSchoolObee

As I recall, williams built it as a shop vehicle, he used to build shop equipment and parts....it was a mid engine,flat nose c.o.e. c cab...all handbuilt...there was an article in Street Rodder a ways back about him, and it showed the truck decaying in a storage garage....

4. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

I believe it was featured in August '75 Hot Rod as well, and I think Pat Ganahl reported that it was still sitting in Dave's shop, dusting away, about 16 years ago in R&C.

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I think 292 Chevy 6--it was a well known vehicle at the time. That's William's lowbuck tools, right?? Why not go to the site and email him?

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

7. cruzr

cruzr

Went to high school with Dave, dont know if he still has it or not,he still runs Low Buck Tools in Norco. I havent spoke with him for about a year now. Pat Ganahl is close with him and he would know. Dave is a cool guy and goes way back in the Hot Rodding circles. He was a part time worker for Stan Betz when he was a kid. He had a Model A coupe striped for him by none other than Von Dutch,when he was in High School.

8. DannyBrent28Sedan

DannyBrent28Sedan

The Dave Williams c cab is for sale on Craigslist and includes pictures from the June 1975 copy of Street rodder. I believe they are asking $7,500 for the truck

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. DannyBrent28Sedan

DannyBrent28Sedan

It was in the two 1975 edition of Street rodder. It was a flatbed truck with a flat front and on the front of it was a Model t radiator grille, the engine was mid engine

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

13yr old thread but here goes, June 1975 Vol 4 No 6
    [​IMG]

69thumper, GuyW and clem like this.
  11. David Tucker

David Tucker

I recently purchased the Dave Williams C cab

12. David Tucker

David Tucker

I recently purchased the DW C cab if you have any more information or pics I would really like to see them, thanks

13. David Tucker

David Tucker

I recently purchased the DW Ccab any info would be appreciated

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. David Tucker

David Tucker

I recently purchased the DW C cab any info would be appreciated

15. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Dave has always been one "crafty" man, with metal or wood and a real gentleman to boot !

16. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

I watched Dave literally build this truck from the ground up. His original red barn shop was across a vacant field from the first Street Rodder offices. And of course I put the finished product on the June '75 Cover.. The feature inside included several construction photos. No, I don't have any now. They disappeared long ago with other old SRM photo files. Yes, after many miles, Dave parked it and let it sit. Then he sold it to someone in Colton who started to disassemble it, then let it sit some more. I went to see it with Dave and a potential buyer 7 or 8 yrs. ago, and took pictures to include it in my Lost Hot Rods II book. You can see what it looked like then on pp. 164-165. It looks like you bought it from the same place, in much the same condition. It wouldn't take much to restore it. I'll be interested to see if you do.
    Pat Ganahl

kidcampbell71, GuyW and Moriarity like this.
  17. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I have that issue at home. I really like that era of hot/street rodding, lots of imagination, and fun.

18. David Tucker

David Tucker

I recently purchased the DW C cab and trying to find any info I can get on her, I’m not sure what to do with her at first I thought just The parts had value or selling as a collectible but now it appears to be pretty well known so I may try to keep it

Attached Files: