Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest How do you old farts do it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by topher5150, Apr 28, 2019.

1. LAROKE

LAROKE

I hate those online computer forms that ask for date of birth with a scroll down. Gotta spin that sucker and I'm waiting for the day my birth year drops off the bottom.

2. ..........Of course it helps keep you young if you always have two lovely ladies hanging off your shoulders.:):D:):D;)....:eek:

3. Getting older is better than not getting older. :p

Chavezk21, Deuces, Rick & Jan and 2 others like this.
  4. Terrible80

Terrible80

You get better with age. Learn how to do things with finesse instead of brute strength.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  5. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HOW DO YOU OLD FARTS DO IT?

By putting one foot in front of the other......repeat.

chryslerfan55, Ace61, raven and 3 others like this.
  6. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Chris....I have the same body I had at age 18....I`ve just added to it...……………..

raven, winduptoy and Deuces like this.
  7. Plus, you only get one body and it helps to take care of it, especially while your young.
    You don't got old being dumb! :)

8. j3harleys

j3harleys

A lot of us didn't realize we needed to take care of it until we got old.

427 sleeper, Deuces and Montana1 like this.
  9. railcarmover

railcarmover

[​IMG]
    42 years doing it professionally...and as a hobby too.just dont know any better I guess..oh, and ibuprofen,I love ibuprofen..

10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm almost 75 and right now my back and right shoulder are in pain from changing out the rear end of my 56 Ford to an 8.8 rear end. I'll be better in a week but right now I hurt and need to do some work around the house. We are driving to Buelton this coming week end for the Dry Lakes Hall of Fame indoctrinations of the Thompson Streamliner and Pat Ganahl just to name a few. I'll know how I am after sitting driving....
    As they say "age is a state of mind" and in mine I'm still a teenager but in the mirror I don't know who that guy looking back at me is..

11. frank spittle

frank spittle

I will be three quarters of a century old June 5th and am blessed to be able to do what I need to do just as I always have. I still cut my lawn with a push mower, not a powered push mower but a push reel mower. I have told my wife of 50 years (August 16th, we were married Woodstock weekend and will celebrate our 50th at Woodstock 50 at the original site) I worry more about mental health than physical.

12. fuzzface

fuzzface

a lot of us old guys were taught to do things at an early age in order to keep the family afloat and it just stayed with us to do something all day long. We know what happens when we take a too long of a break. .

the younger generation was taught to sit on the couch and play video games while their parents worked hard. So now when they try doing anything they don't seem to have the stamina to keep going all day. They need a break every 15 minutes and then it seems a cig. calls them out and that slows them down even more.

chryslerfan55, Mahty, WB69 and 2 others like this.
  13. Speaking of old farts.......... thumbnail (1).png

14. catdad49

catdad49

Kind of like occasional heavy drinking (followed by a hangover). You either have to do it more often or not at all!

Dino 64, Deuces, blowby and 1 other person like this.
  15. topher5150

topher5150

Some of this generation. While I never had to help support my family, if I wanted anything I worked my butt off getting it.

16. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I Will Be 71 Shortly And Wish I Had Set A Hook In The Shop Floor To Drag These Unwilling Victims Into The Operating Theater...... DSCN2018.JPG

17. I as told that you cant go 24X7 countinually. So have something making money as your sleeping. The same applies to things that make a job easier and faster. that saves you time and effort and you get more done. My cutting torch save me lots of labor. Heck just cut those stubborn bolts off

18. You’re right but can’t say that out loud.
    It will piss someone off. See,, It’s a stereotype blanket statement that isn’t necessarily true for all, at least that’s what my wife says about a stereotype. She’s right it’s not true for all but I tell her there’s a reason the stereotype developed and sticks. Then I ask what’s a typical stereotype :D

19. A word of Caustion when comming to the Woodstock Site for the 50 annev.
    The Highway Dep. will be doing work on a Bridge at the Border of Thomson & Bethel Town Line's
    Just to let you Know.

Just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

20. vor

vor

Prescription painkillers!!!

RMONTY and bobss396 like this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Pure gospel right there.
    Good genes don't hurt, must be why I always hurt every time I work on my car.:mad:

22. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

23. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

im turning 66 in a few days, and at 65 shit started falling apart, went to the doctor got a few screws, and some duct tape, still feel like shit, but im still in the garage! my buddy dave cranes quote was, my brain is making promises my body cant keep! I have aways to go yet, but im understanding what he was talking about!

24. Deuces

Deuces

25. pumpman

pumpman

I'm 73 and pretty lucky I still move around pretty good, just have to plan my movement but still get it done. At my age the only thing I know sure is "you can't trust a fart anymore".

26. You have to have one of two things going for you. You either need good dope or you need to know how to ignore the pain. Some of us have lived with pain all of our lives (I do not suggest that to anyone) so ignoring the pain comes natural. Well that and a little good dope for the really bad days doesn't hurt a thing. :)

27. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"..........Of course it helps keep you young if you always have two lovely ladies hanging off your shoulders."

Yep, you're only as old as the woman you feel.

28. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Sort of just adding to the theme here, My dad passed nearly two years ago, 6 weeks from his 101st birthday. Pancreatic cancer claimed him, not old age. He was still mentally sharp, working in his wood shop or outdoors 8 or 10 hours every day and thought nothing of driving 600 miles in a day (although it did require a nap or two). I know he was sore and stiff some of the time, but it was against the rules (his rules) to say anything about it.

When someone would ask him how he managed to be in such good shape at such an advanced age he would say, "Get your ass out of the house and get busy."

I have posted quite a few videos of the things we did together, mostly in his late 90's If you're interested just search for Lyle West on youtube.

29. ...just saw on another site that Woodstock 50 has been cancelled.:(

30. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Cheater bars.

WB69 and Deuces like this.