Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Muncie Shifter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tut59, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Tut59

Tut59

Hey there, new guy on the block this is my first post on this site. I am putting a M21 Muncie in my 59' Apache, trying to find a shifter or mount that will clear the stock bench seat. I have thought about fabricating a mount to move the shifter forward to where the tail shaft bolts on, just don't know what to do with the reverse shift lever. Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks

2. You can either pick up a handle for a tri-five chevy as they are made to clear the factory bench without notching the seat, or you can make your own offset by taking some steel plate and cutting it with your desired offset then drilling the two holes to mount it to the shifter brain and then holes for your handle. Though does the main body of the shifter sit below the floor or poke through?

3. I have a 55 Cameo, and I used a Hurst Competition Plus shifter, with the optional shift lever that mounts so that you keep the mechanism in the original position, and the shift lever clears the seat.
    Bob 55 Chevy stick.png

wvenfield likes this.
  4. Tut59

Tut59

Thank you guys. I thought about using a plate as you mentioned, just wasn't sure if it effect the throw. I had an under dash A/C and knew the shifter wouldn't clear that. Is there a part number for the shift lever, I'm using a Hurst Competition Plus as well. Thanks.

5. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Possibly Hurst #5388620 would work for you.

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon