Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 6th Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gbrown, Apr 22, 2019.

1. gbrown

gbrown

Here is a little video from the 6th Annual Southwest Missouri Hot Rod Hundred held by the CrossMembers Car Club this past Saturday. With 250+ cars I figured it was easier to make a video of the event rather than shot and edit that many photos. Thanks for watching!

DISCLAIMER: You might not like the music. There is no cursing or anything like that but if you are expecting to hear rock 'n roll you might be let down.

2. sololobo

sololobo

Very nice video, I have never seen a show spread over so much ground. You would walk ten miles just to see the rides. Is that the usual format? I thought maybe some of the grassy areas were to wet, but that doesn't look like the case. Really a great bunch of hot rods and customs. It is so nice to see coverage like this and get a glimpse of the hobby outside our own area. Thanx for sharing, it is appreciated.

3. gbrown

gbrown

Thanks for watching. So this is actually a reliability run. It started in Brookline, Mo then we drove about 40 miles to HotShot Hot Rods in Mount Vernon, Mo and then left for there to drive about 60+ miles to Crane, Mo for the final stop and lunch.

MO_JUNK likes this.
  4. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

It was a great day to have a hot rod. Thanks for taking the time to make the video.

MO_JUNK likes this.

5. gbrown

gbrown

I agree it was a great day! Thanks for watching.

6. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool video! I about went crosseyed trying to see both sides of the road when the cameraman was cruising the show!

raven likes this.
  7. gbrown

gbrown

Thanks you for taking the time to watch. Yes there were definitely a lot of quality cars willing to drive 100+ miles there that day.

8. Hey @sololobo!

These events are "driving events". We have a pre-registration entry fee that covers an event t-shirt (in the size included in the pre-registration), as well as lunch for 2.

The SWMO HRH starts out at a pre-determined starting point, where everyone gets checked in and receives the route instructions and entry packet, then we have a "driver's meeting" to go over some final instructions, pray over the event, and then we depart at 9am. About half way through the route, we have had an open house at Hotshoe Hot Rods, and we finish the rest of the route to Crane City Park (former hometown of the notorious @BenD), where we have the lunch and hand out some awards.

Running the total route usually takes somewhere around 2 1/2-3 hours. We have 3 awards that we give out, a "Club Pick", a "Long Distance", and there's a car crazy young man, with Downs Syndrome that lives in Crane, and he does a "Robert's Choice" award.

I think that the part that you were seeing was when Quentin was cruising the industrial park at Hotshoe. The City of Crane is pretty gracious and allows folks to park on the grass, so we usually have what appears to be a "car show" while folks are having lunch and hanging out and talking.

The CrossMembersCC does 6 of these events each year. Springfield, MO (always on Easter Saturday), Wisconsin (in May), NW Arkansas (in June), Oklahoma City (September), St Louis (October), and Dallas/North Texas (October).

@gbrown, as always, thanks for your coverage of the event. Sorry I didn't get to hang out with you on Saturday!

Willy_P and egads like this.
  9. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Looks like you guys had a good turn out.

10. gbrown

gbrown

Don't worry about it @bchrismer. You were a bit busy on Saturday.

It was a great turn out and a great time.