Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Which way did they originally go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Bob, I don't think it has anything to do with the cowl vent, we put a 32 vent in a Model A coupe and used the model A windshield arms. HRP

[​IMG]

3W JOHN likes this.
  2. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

I used a '32 - '34 truck cowl top... swing arms work well and the frame does not hang up on it...
    DSCN1046.JPG DSCN1045.JPG

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and The37Kid like this.
  3. The correct way. HRP

100_2341.JPG

Down.

3W JOHN and 31Dodger like this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Have you practiced getting in and out of the new interior? That tapered bottom cushion looks like it adds some foot room for easier entry. Bob

clem, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Down on my 3W , I often use them to assist in closing the glass tightly . You open the glass more than a couple inches and you better have on goggles , man what a ride . Ever had the glass slam shut at 40 plus MPH ? Now that’s a laundry cleaning experience for sure !

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. Good eye Bob, it does indeed make it easier to get in and out, especially with a size 12 clown shoes! :D

3W JOHN likes this.
  7. I've noticed they do help tighten the glass when pushed down, as far as driving with the windshield I did that with a model A - ONCE! :eek::D HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  8. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Down in mine.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Buddy used a jeep's cowl top and vent on his '30 coupe...
    it sits atop the cowl not flush...
    when he wanted the w/s open he would hold the frame out, lift the vent and the w/s frame would hang up on it holding it open... cool...