Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Gus and the Model Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucas doolin, Apr 16, 2019.

1. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

I am reposting this information from Truck64 because it was imbedded in a thread on ATF/Acetone and for that reason somewhat hidden from view. All credit (and thanks) to Truck64. To quote a nostalgic old marketing phrase, "Try it - you'll like it!"

Truck64, post: 13040469, member: 274442] "Here's a link to the complete Gus archives, 1925-1970"

I read some of these as a kid and who knows? May have fueled the fire in me for auto repair.
    Thank you very much for the link. You really made my day - or maybe the month it'll take me to read them all.

HAMBers, if you don't know about Gus and the Model Garage, you should. They're always a good read, always include a moral, and every episode teaches you a new auto repair trick.
    Thanks again Truck 64. We're all in your debt. Lucas

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. manyolcars

manyolcars

except Gus was often inaccurate

J. A. Miller likes this.
  3. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

4. rgdavid

rgdavid

Just reading the stories and enjoying very much, thanks.

5. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

He was an early print version of the HAMB then?

Hnstray, Stogy, LOST ANGEL and 2 others like this.
  6. I have been going through all the tips, and found a few that I like. If you go to the page with the PDF files and intend to look for the hints that will be useful to you, I suggest that you start with the last year and work backward. There are more useful tips from the later years, although it was interesting to look through the tips from the war years.
    Bob