Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1949 Plymouth

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Joseph Lopez, Apr 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Joseph Lopez

Joseph Lopez

I have 1949 Plymouth that was previously switched over to 12 volt there is a wire that jumps from the top of the starter over to what it looks like a solenoid on the passenger side right next to the carburetor but there is a 12-volt solenoid on the driver side the part that looks like an old style solenoid is throwing a lot of Sparks when I'm trying to start it and will no longer start and it sounds like the Bendix is spinning but not kicking out obviously. Love to get a little hep thanks in advance

2. ERguitar

ERguitar

Joseph
    Some pictures would probably help.
    ER

3. Joseph Lopez

Joseph Lopez

4. Joseph Lopez

Joseph Lopez

So this solenoid / module looking thing with the small hole in it had a screw in the small hole with a wire connected all the way to the top of the starter it was working for the last week but now that module / solenoid start sparking and the car will not turn it w sounds like the Bendix will not kick out

5. junkers72

junkers72

That’s the original electric Vison choke. Most likely isn’t happy with the conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Hnstray likes this.
  6. junkers72

junkers72

Sisson choke . Damn spellcheck

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Hnstray likes this.