Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects We gutted the old beater now what?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 16, 2019.

1. The seat has a slide and the back tilts forward. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Blue One likes this.
  2. I picked up the additional material this morning and took it by Dave's shop this afternoon, he had today off and finished up the front seat this afternoon. HRP

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Hopefully over the weekend Dave will finish up the rear seat & sun visors, then we can install the front seat.

There are also a few minor interior things to be finished up but we are getting close to wrapping it up.

We need to replace the cowl vent gasket and install a new drain to keep the carpet dry. HRP

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I really like the look of those seats! Is there some upholstery term for the way the sides are finished? They look so nice, no puckered material you see on most pleated seats. Bob

[​IMG]

47ragtop likes this.
  5. Looking good..nice upgrade!

6. Rodders

Rodders

7. Dave said he doesn't know but learned a long time ago when sewing pleats sewing the sides flat it doesn't sag or pucker. HRP

47ragtop likes this.
  8. We finally installed the escutcheons & handle.

Pop Quiz - how many times can a persons fingers be whacked with a hammer and how many SOB's spew out of a mouth when installing those damn tiny pins to hold the handles in place place. :D

001.JPG

We got the header panel and windshield arms back in place, got the new cowl vent rubber and drain installed, mounted the motorcycle horn and hopefully finish running the wire tomorrow.

About all that's left to do to the interior is cover the sun visors and cover the rear seat bottom. HRP

The37Kid and Shadow Creek like this.
  9. TIP: On those little SOB pins, I mic'd them and drilled out the too small holes in the repro handles with a numbered drill to just undersize. Then chucked the pin in my cordless drill and tapered one end on the bench grinder. Hold the aggravating little SOB in some needle nose ViseGrips and start in the hole. Tap further with a small hammer and finish off with appropriate sized pin punch. You can hold back the escutcheon, start the pin, and finish all by yourself. Necessity IS the mother of invention.

seadog, HOTRODPRIMER and The37Kid like this.
  10. I bought the pins at the same time I purchased the new escutcheons, Roll pins might have been a better route and my left index finger wouldn't be sore today! :rolleyes: HRP

11. jim snow

jim snow

Danny, roll pins are the ticket. Snowman

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. Another vote for the Lowe’s stuff ....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Front seat's in, rear seat's finished, horn blows, it's getting close! :) HRP

001.JPG

003.JPG

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  14. Yummy!
    Where is Dave located ?

15. Sandy Springs, South Carolina between Anderson & Clemson.

Still a few more things to wrap up, hopefully the car will come back home next weekend.HRP

16. goldmountain

goldmountain

I'm thinking of tapping my window cranks and putting in a set screw in the side.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Shadow Creek and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. Congrats!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's done?...............IT'S DONE!!!

th (21).jpg

19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks so nice, Danny.
    So happy for you. Just in time for this season.
    Happy trails to you and Brenda. :)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More pictures, please. :)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They're pretty proud of this tool but I own one and it makes short work of removing and installing those pins.
    upload_2019-4-24_14-50-25.png

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Gman0046

Gman0046

Looks great. Now is the time to drive the wheels off it.