Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tire stickers - Anyone used them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36roadster, Apr 8, 2019.

1. In my search for whitewall tires, I came across these:-
    https://www.tirestickers.com/shop/white-wall-tires/
    Has anyone used these, and did they hang on? I have an oddball sized tyre, and they are not available with a 2-3" whitewall, so I was thinking of using these. I don't want to use "flappers" as I have seen them go into orbit when they fly off at 80MPH!

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  2. Colin HD

Colin HD

09f2c455cbee (1).jpg I have stuck them on, but the cars not out on road yet.

Deuces likes this.
  3. Colin HD

Colin HD

Sorry just re-read the initial post, these are just the letters not the white walls.

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Bandit Billy used lettering...perhaps from this company so what his experience may help in determining is adhesive quality as he has been driving the Hotrod for a while now. I guess the hardest and most important detail would be locating it correctly as it does look the part.

Bandit Billy likes this.

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

In the '60s, they were sold as "Tire Tattoos." I had a set of Zig Zag Maypops

Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  6. I had some Goodyear wide oval GT white letter tires in the 60's, I don't care for that look now.

I guess if you wanted to you could emulate the old Bill Burnham roadster "Old Blue" caricature.

The front tires could say churn em' and the rear tires say Burn em' . Nah, bad idea! HRP

Deuces likes this.
  7. That's Cartoon stuff right there.
    [​IMG]

Deuces and blowby like this.
  8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used a product by a company called TredWear. They offer to replicate manufacturer fonts (not sure how). I had them cut in reverse so they would be black leter out rather than white. It has been a while since I applied them and im pleased to say they are holding up perfect so far. Here is a shot from the roadster show a couple weeks back.
    upload_2019-4-8_10-19-48.png
    I also have a thread on the install at https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/trust-everyone-but-re-brand-your-cattle.1105616/

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just a heads up this thread is in reference to Wide Whites not lettering. I referenced Billy's Lettering as it would at least give creedence to the quality of such products as in does it fall off and rubber quality.

Below are pics of the actual product @36roadster is referring to.
    0_White-Wall-Tire-Stickers.jpg WhiteWall-tire-stickers-coker-tire-1024x683.jpg

0_20190408_150309.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  10. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Thanks Stogy. This thread went off the 'wall' pretty quick..;)

Deuces, chevy57dude and Stogy like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It always is a good idea to read the original post...this happens quite often in larger threads but heck this is only one Page 1...:eek:...'off the wall' that's funny...:D

Deuces likes this.
  12. Colin HD

Colin HD

:(Oops!!! Sorry guys, I think it was my fault :(

Didn't read the first post properly o_O
    American/English/Australian translation problems.

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No...you acknowledged your post as a bit off but if they are the same brand and you had driven them it would have aided in quality of product.

Deuces likes this.
  14. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Around my neck of the woods the "tuners" and euro trash types use them to put stupid sayings on their tires. I have no idea what half of their crap even means.

chevy57dude likes this.
  15. I for one can't stand those tire stickers.. ugh my 2 cents.. they look like crap

chevy57dude likes this.
  16. The website says these are glued on with provided adhesive. They come in sets of four strips...
    I would think it would be hard to keep them straight going around the tire, and then there's a seam where the two ends meet?
    I can't imagine these laying down on tires with sidewalls that aren't pretty smooth.

Stogy likes this.
  17. I have "shaved" all the writing and crap off the sidewalls, and they are real smooth. As Stogy said, I am after the 2 or 3" solid whitewall, not the lettering stuff. I have never seen that stuff down here, and it would be interesting to try it out. Whitewalls are very expensive here, it's not uncommon to spend up to $2000 on a set of tyres!

Stogy likes this.
  18. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Please keep us informed. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would use them if they work.

Stogy likes this.
  19. wvenfield

wvenfield

Dang, $300 for 4, 3 inch rubber strips? Dang.