Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Austin

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by !!!RIOT!!!, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Howdy.

I picked up the '52 Ford Mainline in my avatar a few weeks ago. This is my first old car and I'm in way over my head but I'm loving it. I already have a project list a mile long but I'm starting small and working my way up. Here's hoping my wife's patience can keep up!

2. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana! We like pics around here and some details like what are your plans for the car, etc. Good luck with the wife. Mine owns three of our five cars!! Lol. Randy

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Welcome. My first car back in 1966 was a '53 Mainline. Enjoy your HAMBtime. 03222016.jpg

!!!RIOT!!! likes this.
  4. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

My big brother''s first car was a 53 Victoria HT, 3 on the tree. Black with a white top. I loved that car. The 50th anniversary logo on the steering wheel was especially cool. One weekend he and two buddies decided to swap in a 303 Olds that one of the other miscreants was running in his 49 Merc (unbeknownst to my parents.) Wow I never knew my folks had a temper until that night. Haha funny now but not then 50+ years ago. Sadly the swap resulted in an Olds powered Ford that wouldn't start 9 times out of 10 and my brother had to thumb a ride to his high school in the next town. Ahhh good memories! Welcome to the HAMB, hope your mods have better results.

5. Short term I'm going to be doing a lot of basic stuff (replacing broken windows, replacing wiper arms, etc).

A previous owner thought it would be cool to tape over the rust holes and put a body wrap on it which is the lovely peeling you see everywhere so I have to strip all that off. Past that, I'll see where inspiration takes me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Looks like a runner! That’s the best part imo. Keep it mobile and on the road as much as you can and keep the dreaded “project creep” away. Pick away at the list weekly is what I try to do. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

lothiandon1940 and !!!RIOT!!! like this.