Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wrench666, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Wrench666

Wrench666

Hey guys. I am sure you hate to get the same questions over and over again, but I can't seem to find anything definitive on this. What if anything is the difference in length on front doors on a 31 model A Briggs 4door body, and a Tudor or coupe doors? I seem to bounce all over with my questions to you guys, I apologize for that. I am just in the process of getting info on the different bodies that I have so I can get a better idea moving forward with projects. As of right now I am on disability so I have lots of time for planning things out.

Thankyou to all the guys that have helped in the past and those that will in the future

Andrew

2. alchemy

alchemy

I don't have any numbers for you, but can tell you a tudor and pickup have the same doors. A coupe door is similar, slightly shorter, and the giveaway is a circular stamping around the window winder on the inside.

Fordor doors are shorter. Some fordor doors had a lot of wood in them, some not so much. Some of the fordor doors had a 32 style latch, so that would also indicate it was from a fordor and not a coupe/sedan/pickup.

3. Wrench666

Wrench666

Thanks for the info. The body I have had lots of wood in it befor. It's all missing now, but I would like to do something with the car at some point so just digging for info
    Andrew

4. alchemy

alchemy

All the A bodies had at least some wood in them. Some had lots. But the doors of the fordor were the only ones with wood, except for maybe a small upholstery spacer hear of there.

Edit: The Vicky bodies had a lot of wood too, and the doors would probably also. But they had a slanted front post near the windshield, so they would be easy to tell apart.

5. Wrench666

Wrench666

Awesome thanks