Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Chasing Classis (over priced) Wayne Carani and TRJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by typo41, Apr 1, 2019.

1. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Been watching good ole Wanye-O, cars are insane, but I have also noticed Wayne's wardrobe has shifted from Hagerty's Shirt ware to The Rodder's Journal, in multiple styles,,,
    Joey, did you swag him or did he step up at the shirt sale and buy in bulk??

loudbang, HEMI32 and jimmy six like this.
  2. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

free country

GreenMonster48 likes this.
  3. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Wayne has the only "TV car show" I can stand to watch. No grinder sparks, Halloween costumes, or screaming people. He also seems to know more about what he's doing that the average celebrity.

Baron, blackjack, Dago 88 and 16 others like this.
  4. Yep. I'll watch Wayne before some of the others. He does come up with some interesting cars.

Baron, loudbang, WDobos and 1 other person like this.

5. Remember, the Rodders Journal had a half price sale recently, you know Wayne can't pass up a deal like that! :D HRP

6. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

I agree , can’t stand to watch most of the car build shows anymore. They are working on a car, then one of them rides a unicycle thru the shop........lame!

7. I have a lot of non-car people ask me if I watch such & such a car show. I tell them NO and they are surprised. There are a couple I can watch, the rest of them, the commercials are better.

8. In one of the first episodes i saw of CCC somebody called Wayne with a Ferrari Daytona that Wayne had never owned,
    He went to an old file cabinet and pulled a file on the car that had the original bill of sale, some repair history, etc... That impressed me. I am not sure if he has files on old cars he has never owned because he loves the brand or as a smart business move buts I can respect that passion, work, and foresight either way.
    Its also nice to see a car like a Stutz Bearcat on TV from time to time.
    Chappy

loudbang, WDobos, dan31 and 6 others like this.
  9. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

He actually bought a Land Speed vehicle 'just' for his collection, a vehicle than has given out Red Hats.

loudbang and jimmy six like this.
  10. Wayne Carini learned a lot from his father, Bob Carini. Bob was probably one of the best, if not the best Model A restorer of his time. I remember the 1928 Model A fire truck that Bob restored, it was beautiful.. Wayne is a very knowledgeable person in his own right. He is not hesitant to step up when he should. He has a great following of people that contact him to market their vehicles. He knows what he is talking about for the most part. His show is for real, not the hyped up BS that most of the other " car shows " are.

11. And he seems like a really nice guy.

loudbang, vetteguy402, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  12. wvenfield

wvenfield

Wayne lives in a different world than most of us but he does have some really interesting stuff.

13. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

I try to catch Wayne's show. I especially like Roger his go to mechanic. He is really funny and a smart guy. I don't know Wayne's history but he impresses me as somebody who has worked for what he has and is not afraid of work.

loudbang, WDobos, dan31 and 10 others like this.
  14. Ratatude

Ratatude

Most of the TV car shows have ruined the chance for the average working class guy from being able to buy a project at a affordable price. They buy a project cheap and in 30 minutes time they have a high dollar car that would take most of us a year or years to build. They always have a buyer but you continue to see the cars on their shop on later episodes. I always try to watch Wayne.

loudbang, Hombre, OLSKOOL57 and 2 others like this.
  15. Speed~On

Speed~On

Chasing Classic Cars is hands down the best car related show on television. No drama and no fake deadlines; just Wayne buying, restoring, and selling some of the finest cars on the planet.

I've met Wayne and I can tell you he is one of the most down to earth guys you'll ever meet. Yes, he's worth million but you'd never know it when you talk to him, he's just a regular guy.

He also happens to be the #1 authority in the U.S. in regards to vintage Ferrari's. If you're looking for knowledge, records, facts, values, markets...literally, Wayne is the man.

He also has all the right connections. If you're looking to buy or sell, you want Wayne in your corner. He knows who has the ultra rare and desirable cars and he knows how to get them. Because of who he is and who he knows, he can give your car the exposure to bring top dollar. Most people are not in the position to do that.

The cars he represents are not "over priced". They all seem to sell at some point. Most of his clients are quite wealthy. Part of what they are paying for is simply the opportunity to buy ultra rare and desirable cars. These people don't think about money....it's only a matter of do they want the car or not.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  16. Rich S.

Rich S.

56shoebox, loudbang and seb fontana like this.
  17. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

loudbang, scott27 and tractorguy like this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Wayne does have some really nice "Keepers" in his collection, and it is always fun to see what he is going to turn up every week. I tuned in a bit late last week and was told the Indian motorcycle he bought was right here in town, my back yard! This seams to be a great time to buy cars, if you have the funds, so many collectors are getting old, or have passed on. Thirty to forty year old restorations are in need of a redo, and the world will never run out of unfinished projects. The fact that Wayne is knowable on a great many eras of cars makes that show truly unique, and educational. Bob

19. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

From what I can tell, he's an alright guy. I wish he'd tell us what he pays for the cars he buys – but, I can see why he does that. Most of the time, it seems, he buys (or helps sell) a vehicle someone who has contacted him to buy or assist them.

The only thing that bugs me is . . . "I've alway wanted a 42 Buick Special 4-door sedan, and I'm on my way to Rhode Island to look at one." A few episodes later, he sells it.

loudbang likes this.
  20. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

I have a lot of respect for Wayne Carini. He has a grown daughter who looks to be in her mid 20's who has Muscular Dystrophy or some other similar condition. He seems to really treasure her and takes her out in one of his cars when she wants to go for a ride. I believe he really tries to make her life as special as he possibly can.

Tin Lizzie, pitman, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  21. budde

budde
    from nz

wayne carinis program is watchable due to the variety of vehicles he follows , sure it has its fair share of classics and brass cars but hes very open to customs , hotrods and race cars .it would seem if its well done , wayne likes it .
    a good show to follow .

22. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I started this post not to bag on Wayne, as I know he is way out of my league, and his job is buying and selling for others and himself,,, how would it be if every car and part in the HAMB classifieds had to have the price bought before selling?
    I wanted to point out that he does get it,, Hot Rods and they are not just for the 'unwashed' anymore. how many times have you seen a TRJ shirt on a Millionaire ? No counting Bruce Meyer,,,

loudbang, WDobos and HEMI32 like this.
  23. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

WC tried to miss-lead Isky and his "T". Screw is kind of a hard word to use, but he came in with a lot of hype and promises in order to get the "T" and sell at auction after a year of promotion for a % of the sale. Said there was no interest in the car and low-balled Ed on the purchase, Ed declined and got the car back

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  24. tractorguy

tractorguy

His daughter has autism.......they did a show with her enjoying a ride in a Rainman yellow Buick convertible. Our daughter is a Special Ed teacher with her Masters studies in autism spectrums. I actually got her to sit down with me and watch that episode......priceless.

383deuce, loudbang, WDobos and 6 others like this.
  25. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Chasing Classics and American Pickers are interesting because of what most guys said here, unique cars, rare finds but they are kind of like Barrett-Jackson to me, just priced out of reality for most of us. Seems like they just get to many hard to find cars and motorcycles, especially ones that I would love to have. But then again, I just bought a low mile original 40 Ford coupe in Conn. that I beat him to this time. So I guess I can't complain, I just don't get as many deals as he does but then I'm in the keeper business and not the flipping business.

loudbang likes this.
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think all of our lives would be different if we started out in the hobby buying running cars, Wayne wasn't the first , but running cars sell faster. Bob

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    loudbang and belair like this.
  27. garage2small

garage2small

I met Wayne at TROG , he was in the pits checking out some of the cars and I was nearby and said hello. He was very friendly and we spent a few minutes talking about what a great event TROG was. I got the impression he just wanted to be one of the "guys" having a great time and enjoying the event. The only thing that would have made the day better was if Roger had been with him!

28. I like him because he has a dreamy first name.

29. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I know he bought Duffy Livingstons T , I work with Duffys Daughter and she was pleased he got it, Told me she contacted him about going for a ride in it next time she goes east:D

catdad49, loudbang and The37Kid like this.
  30. The37Kid

The37Kid

Lumpy, Is this the same T you are talking about? It has been on the East Coast for some time, Brock Yates restored it and it has run in VSCCA events. Really neat Hot Rod "Sports Car" Bob

Duffy-Livingstone-Eliminator-T-Bucket.jpg