Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Tricks played on friends.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Mar 22, 2019.

1. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

A group of us were getting ready to go on a short road trip and leaving in the early morning. One guy wanted to go but could not force himself to get up, so we left with out him. When we got back long after dark and went to leave all our rear view mirrors were painted silver and the windshields had a light coat of black paint on them. About a week later his whole car some how got nicely painted a bright pink with "Tinker Bell" across the trunk while parked in front of his place.

loudbang and Fordors like this.
  2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

One night we put a wire to jump 12v from the brake light side of the pressure switch to the horn in my buddy's '63 Fairlane. One of the funniest things I've ever witnessed.

Lepus and loudbang like this.
  3. BJR

BJR

Yea but how was she? wink wink nod nod:rolleyes::D

Clay Belt likes this.
  4. 26Troadster

26Troadster

zip ties on drive shaft, auto fools on the spark plugs, swapping 5 and 7 plug wires, grease on door handles, rocks in hub caps the worst or best was the distributor cap and plug wires hanging on the radio antenna, guy was a real piece of work.

5. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I was working under engine 5 on my creeper when all of a sudden the Captain grabbed my feet pulled me out from under the engine and started swinging me around in a circle in the empty area next to the engine! Talk about a helpless feeling, I was hanging onto my creeper for dear life. I could see his face, as he was turning with me, laughing .. it was all fun and games... until he got unsteady, I could see in his face he was getting dizzy.... well sure enough he stumbled... and had to let go of me to catch himself... and I went flying across the engine room at what seemed like a hundred miles an hour...on a creeper and crashed into the far wall.

Bones

czuch, loudbang, Chavezk21 and 3 others like this.
  6. gatz

gatz

^^^ what a visual, lol.

Years ago I worked as a mechanic for implement dealer.
    Max, the chief mechanic got tired of a certain local walking around in his shop and picking up things at random. Max would tell him to keep his mitts off, to no avail.
    This guy would also bug the parts man and anyone else within earshot.
    He was only tolerated by the owner because "he bought stuff" there.

There was this test instrument that would check continuity on a gen or starter armature.
    (Growler, maybe?). It had some other functions, too.
    Once, when this guy came through the front door, Max grabbed a condenser and charged it up by alternately applying the + & - leads from the tester to the condenser.
    Max says "watch this"
    He left it on the steel-topped bench with the lead sticking up and went about his work.
    Inevitably, this yokel wandered back there and and in a few short minutes picked up the condenser.
    Only took one time to cure him of his curiosity.

7. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

5C84BADD-111D-4B31-990D-1210602B788E.jpeg It was on there a month before he saw it.

safetythird, czuch, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I had a model motorcycle, a friend made for me out old parts, generator bearings for wheels, bolts for cylinders, etc. It had a condenser for a gas tank and the lead formed the tail pipe along side the sissy bar. It sat on my desk at work.... charged....it got throwed across the shop many times!

Bones

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    czuch, VANDENPLAS and raven like this.
  9. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

Worked in an engine shop. One of the guys had finished up on a small block which used a plug in the oil galley. So I put a plug on his work bench while he was out to lunch. When I got back he already had one bolt out of the intake before I stopped him. He said he'd get me back...dunno if he ever did.

Lepus, Clay Belt and raven like this.
  10. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Was rebuilding a TJD Wisconsin engine for a friend of mine. He waited several months on a set of rings. We head down to the shop to put it together, I had put a set of old rings out of a Chevy on my shelf, while he wasn’t looking I grabbed one of those rings and spread it to go over the piston.... breaking it on purpose...... the look on his face was priceless!

Bones

safetythird, czuch, kbgreen and 2 others like this.
  11. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

A friend who was a great prankster got an answering machine when they first came out back in the ‘80’s.

He got married shortly after and someone called and left a message on the machine while he was away on his honeymoon. They said they were calling from the local strip club and that he had left his wallet there again. His new wife played the message the day they got home from the honeymoon.

Took 6 months for him to figure out which of his friends left the message and a lot longer to convince his new wife it was a prank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

safetythird, loudbang and Clay Belt like this.
  12. BJR

BJR

I was doing some body work on a co workers car. In the glove compartment I found a 32A bra that I assumed belonged to his flat chested wife. I got an old bra from my then girlfriend that was a 36 D and replaced his wife's bra in the glove compartment. Never heard a word about it though.

INVISIBLEKID and loudbang like this.
  13. Moselli

Moselli

Captain's Log - Spring of 1969. Location: A U. S. Air Force Strategic Air Command base in Michigan.

We were off duty for the weekend and the Smelt were running in the Au Sable River. My first time dipping for Smelt with a long handled net and a light. We caught a bunch of Smelt and took them to a friend's house to cook them up. I was told how great they taste. Ate about half of one Smelt and decided that my lips would never touch another again. Still good to my word today.

Had an idea that anything that tasted and smelled this bad when it was fresh would probably be really super bad when it spoiled. Having been the victim of tricks by another Airman, I took several of the uncleaned fresh Smelt back to the base with me to extract revenge. (Fact - Revenge is best served with a side of dead fish.)

My antagonist drove a Dodge Dart with the then common cowl vent which took in the fresh air for heater, vent and cabin air. The small slender Smelt slid nicely through the formed slots of the cowl. Warm weather did the work. It took him about two weeks to finally figure out when the smell was coming from and another month to completely get rid of the odors.

Fingers crossed. Here's hoping he's not a group member...

Moselli

czuch and spurgeonforge like this.
  14. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I owned a body shop and some of the guys were characters that worked for me. I had one older guy that I had talked out of retirement to work for me and he was meticulous, one of the younger guys would add a bolt to his parts tray for the car he was reassembling just to fuck with him. Now the old guy was quite just did his job and the extra bolt was always left in his tray when he was done, he knew what was going on. So the young tech gets a car that he has to make a pull on with the frame equipment, he gets it all setup and is making his pull something he doesn't have the most experience doing, and the old guy takes A piece of 3/16th scrap about 18" square and throws it six foot in the air behind mr young smart ass. The guy jumps every time the metal hits the floor, the best part was when he came to me and complained and I told him it was my idea. It wasn't but he had it coming .

safetythird, woodsnwater and loudbang like this.
  15. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Over 30 years fixing cars has led to the usual fish under the seats, buckets of water on birthdays, oil under fresh engines, etc. One stands out thou and it wasn’t really a trick (but the guy I did it to didn’t believe me). I wrote up a brake job and the owner told me they tried to do the rear brakes but couldn’t figure how to get them back together so the Buick had no pedal. Later that day I jumped on the cub cadet to push it in and asked the always grumpy and alcoholic mechanic to drive and I would push him in. Well he was a jumpy sort and it was after his 3 beer lunch that he said he was ready. I was as serious of an employee you could find but something that day just gave me a wild hair and I decided to full throttle him in the building. When we hit the bay he started to pumped the brake pedal and it was only then that I remembered it had no brakes! Crap!! Next stop was his snapon tool box and a new work bench he built himself!! He cranked the wheel and smashed into the workbench sending fluids and parts everywhere while just missing his toolbox. He jumped out and came after me. He couldn’t run fast and I was a lot younger so I jumped off the tractor and lit up the driveway with him falling behind cursing and screaming at me. The boss had to settle him down while the rest of the shop was cleaning up the mess and laughing their butts off. Took him a few weeks to even speak to me. I had to fix the bench and help fix the car but to this day I laugh when I think of him flying out at that car at me! He eventually left and opened his own shop and recently retired. He came to see me at my shop not long ago and we spoke for the first time in 25 years. He laughed about the event but still believes I did it on purpose!! Lol. Randy

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

s55mercury66 and loudbang like this.
  16. wicarnut

wicarnut

Your story reminds of one we did years ago., coworker, young man newly married to a '10', but a super jealous possessive dominate bitch,( his words) she would not let him stop after work with us for 1(side note, no one has ever stopped for 1 ever) Someone gets some pantyhose and puts it in his glove box, a little time passes and he comes into work pissed as now she drops him off and picks him up. A few years later he stops in my shop looking for a job, was divorced, stated, stone cold FOX, just not worth the grief, and laughed about pantyhose prank. All through the years 40+ now we see each other now and then and panthose story comes up with laughter, till this day he thinks I did it and I've never admitted to anything or told him who did.

17. There's always one who dishes them out, but can't take a prank, so... This bloke would super glue or epoxy toolboxes to the bench, if you happened to have the day off. You would have to then borrow a hammer and chisel to get your toolbox free. On his day off, he forgot to lock his toolbox away under his bench, so... we drilled a hole through the bottom of his toolbox and his bench, right above the lock-up door, and put a bolt (with a large washer under the head), through the toolbox and bench, run a nut up the bolt, then proceeded to pound the exposed threads with a BFH, locked the door where this mess was, & filled the lock up with super glue. Then we turned to the toolbox,
    put his tools back in, filled the box full of expanding foam, and closed it up. We trimmed the dried expanding foam that squished out of the box with a razor. Then run a small bead of epoxy around the base of the toolbox, so it looked like it was just glued to the bench. He came in and thought that he could just yank this free from the bench. He finished up on his arse, after pulling the handle so hard it broke. Then he spent the day digging tools out of expanding foam (We didn't tell him that you just pour acetone over them, and it dissolves), and cutting the bolt which held his toolbox to the bench. After that- no more stuck down toolboxes!

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  18. LOL I rode an old 80" flathead Harley for a couple of years and I had oil dribbled under my transmission so many times that I actually stopped checking after a while.

We used to party at a bar in this tourist town in the Ozarks a lot. They didn't appreciate us much. For good reason we were loud and obnoxious. Although that the time we didn't appreciate them either and face it when you are the loud obnoxious one it seems perfectly acceptable to be that way. Live and learn I guess.

I digress. There was a fella that we called Bam Bam who was a real trickster. On night he stepped out for a breath of fresh air which we knew meant that someone was getting pranked. He set about turning everyone's license plate upside down which would result in everyone getting stopped and either turning the license plate right side up or a ticket for improperly displayed lisence plate. So I set about turning his plate upside down and everyone else's plate right side up. When we were leaving town we all stopped to laugh at him when he got stopped.

raven and Dick Stevens like this.
  19. J D Coop

J D Coop

We had a temporary hire working on our crew one summer who was a medical student. The whole crew went on a fishing trip one weekend and on the way home we stopped at a roadside tavern for a little thirst quencher. The med student went to the rest room and one of the crew decided it would be funny to put a nightcrawler in the kid's schooner of beer. The kid didn't see it until he had the beer to his lips and he failed to see the humor in this harmless prank.

The next Monday we're all in the office drinking our morning coffee and unbeknownst to anyone the med student drops a pill in the coffee of the guy who molested his beer the day before. The prankster finished his coffee and headed for the john. A minute later, he flies out of the john, grabs his jacket and says. "gotta see the doc, be back later". You see, med students know about a pill that will turn your urine bright blue. It left a azure stain on the porcelain urinal that stayed for weeks.

czuch, Oldioron and 36roadster like this.
  20. I think some older Harleys were actually designed to always drip a little oil to lubricate the chain. That's what I've been told about 45ci bikes anyway.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  21. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

something about a swamp cooler full beanbag chair stuffing...the buddy came home from vacation (last time he ask me to watch his house) turned on the swamper and the whole thing unloaded in the hallway...all charged with static stuck to everything

raven, Tomincanada and belair like this.
  22. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

My 1979 FXS came with a chain Oiler. I shut it off, used chain oil out of an aresol can. My shovel head would get dusty and never marked its spot. I did all the work on it myself.
    A lot of the problems blamed on Harley’s was not Harley’s fault, but the fault of some of the bozos that worked on them. Somehow, back in the day, buying a Harley made people think they were automatically master mechanics. Most of them I saw shouldn’t be working on a wheelbarrow!

Bones

23. pnevells

pnevells

We had 4 dragsters in a caravan headed to a big race in Canada, one guy in our group was notoriously slow driver and scared of cops nailing him for speeding, ,of course he was last in line and we all were chatting on the CB radios, we got far enough ahead to sneak into a rest stop with out him seeing us, he drove on by and we all pulled out behind him on the new York State Thruway. we stayed back far enough to keep him just in sight and kept telling him on the CB to catch up, he was running about 80 MPH alone out front , and kept yelling i can't catch you guys, we were laughing our asses off, when he figured it out ,we all passed him like he was standing still, he bitched for days about it ,

24. Someone told you wrong, it was not be design it was just that fact that they usually needed a main shaft seal. LOL :D :D :D
    The older bikes actually had a chain oiler off the oil pump, even the flatheads. The primary chain oiled by the crank case breather which vented into the primary cover.

25. paul philliup

paul philliup
    from ohio

At the drag strip one night my buddy fell asleep on his ramp to the trailer. I tied his shoes together then yelled they called 1st round.

woodsnwater, belair and BJR like this.
  26. LOL the first years of the Bowling Ball a lot of the problems were the fault of the company. Until about the time they came out with the low rider quality control was a problem. The assembly line workers resented AMF. I made a lot of money off of the factory in the '70s just doing warranty work. :D

trollst and Boneyard51 like this.
  27. Product reps bring donuts an such in our shop all the time, so this morning for april fools I went and got a dozen empty donuts from Krispy Kreme and filled em with mayo and left em in the break room....everyone hates me now

28. Gabby

Gabby

Kid was working at a service station and between waiting on customers he was checking the plugs in his GTO. About half done , I pulled two plugs and closed the gap on one plug and opened the other real wide and put them back in the engine. He was amazed that he was pulling 5000 RPMs and couldn't wait to see how it would run with them set properly .

29. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Back in the 60's my buddie was the shop foreman at the local Ford dealer. The owners nephew was fresh out of one of the "advanced mechanic training schools" so he started him right out on the line like a real mechanic. My friend was told to give him gravy jobs and the other guys were naturally pissed. To make it worse the kid was cocky as hell and thought he knew it all. One day my buddy had another mechanic bring in a used car and told him to ask the kid for help as he couldn't find out where the knock was coming from in the engine. The kid brings his high tech device over to listen while my buddie is tapping on the fender, faster and slower as the kid works the carb. He tells them all the rods are shot and it will need a crank kit. When the guys told him what they had done the kid throws a fit, goes to his Uncle, who by this time had found out what a dick he was, the next week he was third in command on the wash rack.