Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage TROG Wildwood, NJ - OCT 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th, 2019 - ROLL CALL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patmanta, Mar 27, 2019.

1. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

So, what's the Roll Call for this year's TROG looking like?

The dates are up and the tickets are on sale. I haven't heard anything about racers/cars yet but it looks like they have added to and clarified the entry rules a bit since the last time I looked. I don't think I have any chance of finishing any of my cars by July 1st or perhaps even this year but I've got my tickets for the whole weekend!

I don't think there's any Hotel deals up on the event site at this point so I'm curious what's good. This will be my first real vacation in years so I'm curious where the coolest spots are over the best bargains (to an extent).

TICKETS:
    https://the-race-of-gentlemen.ticketleap.com/trog-wildwood-new-jersey-2019/

ENTRY & RULES/SPECS:
    https://www.theraceofgentlemen.com/race-entry

CUSTOMS by the SEA:
    https://customsbythesea.com/

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

no sedans or trucks. why is that?

3. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IIRC in the past it was no trucks unless they had a significant race history.

4. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

That's how they want to run their race. It's not a new rule, the rollbar is a new rule.

Anyway, back on track here, WHO IS GOING AND WHERE IS GOOD TO STAY?

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. I have stayed at the Quebec motel and the Gold Crest Motel. Both were nice. the Quebec was almost right across the street from the race entrance. The Gold Crest is about 8 to 10 blocks down the street. but its a 2 min ride to the track. and cost half as much. ill be at the gold crest this year. I made reservations while I was still there last year, then they changed from June back to Oct and called and changed it.

6. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

I'm in, American Safari

chryslerfan55 and patmanta like this.
  7. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I ended up scrutinizing the map and the travel sites. I ended up booking what's supposed to be a room with a view at the Nantucket. I really wanted to stay at a place with the door exposed to the world instead of a hallway (it's a novelty for me). It's 4 blocks down from the Lincoln St entrance to the race, 2 blocks in from the boardwalk and Adventure Pier. I figure I'll be in a good spot to take it all in.

[​IMG]

8. That's a good spot, the biggest issue with any place there is parking. some of these hotels have like 5 or 6 spaces and then a lot a block or 2 back from the hotel for everyone else.

Are you driving an Old car?
    The hotel that I am at "Gold Crest" will save parking for old cars right up front so it attracts attention to the hotel.

9. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

My room is supposed to include parking. But no, I highly doubt I will be able to make the trip in either of my projects this year. The T still needs a lot of work, both practical and design, though it DOES have a ROLL BAR already, LOL. My 29 AAV8 needs to be put together and finished, which is possible by October, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get it reliable enough that I'm comfortable doing a 12 hour round trip in it.

Hey @Mikel50 @wheeldog57 @mike bowling @gonzo @general gow @'54Caddy @CrazyUncleHarry @Shaun1162 @toreadorxlt @BenLeBlanc @JVK54 are any of youse guys going or racing this year?

10. gonzo

gonzo

I am definitely planning to attend. It's a great event and I always have a blast when I'm there. Total spectacle, I cannot believe Mel manages to pull this thing off.

11. Vanness

Vanness

5C94B6B2-88AF-4278-B588-44EBC48EBCE4.jpeg Ill be there again.. always a good time. Bringing kids and staying up town. Can still walk to the event along boardwalk. Hotel near 18th ave. Hoping to bring my beater.

Attached Files:

12. mike bowling

mike bowling

Headed down with MikeL50. He’s putting a coupe together to run I think. I’ll be there to help if needed, along with his friend Allie.
    I’m gonna hang out and enjoy doing nothing ask much as possible!
    Allie will be taking pictures with Mike so we’ll have coverage.

I talked to Ben LaBlanc a week ago or so, he’s working in Michigan, I think and has a year or so left on his contract. He said he’d like to get back near Boston after that. His coupe is stored at his dads in NH.

My fourth year- really looking forward to it!! IMG_1034.JPG

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  13. I'll be attending for the fourth time also .Staying at the Bolero on Atlantic Ave.

14. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If Hurricane Joaquin had not made a mess of Wildwood in 2015 we would have been there.
    Instead we met our good friends who drove up from TX ,in Philly and had a fun filled 10 day road trip back to TX with them and had an absolute blast of a time, we could even take them to places in the US they hadn’t been to.
    So hopefully 2019 we will try again , booked into the Aztec this year,
    Let the weather gods be nice.
    There are quite a few Kiwis coming up for TROG this year.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  15. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

I'll be there. Running a car is a possibility, but I'm gonna be cagey about it.

ELD, gonzo, ABONES and 3 others like this.
  16. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I am a definite maybe. If so, as a spectator only

gonzo, ABONES, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  17. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Well that snuck right up on me! This show gets on the road IN A WEEK!

Is it too early to pack a cooler?

TFoch likes this.
  18. garage2small

garage2small

I will be there for the 3rd time as a spectator. I will be staying at the Aztec again and will be coming up with the Barillaro brothers, Mike will drive his awesome deuce 5 window up, I will drive the Y Brock coupe up from Tennessee and Jimmy will be hauling the deuce roadster he is competing with. The 555 belly tank Mike built for 2015 race is being brought by the new owner and Mike will wheel dog it down the beach!

Hamtown Al, ABONES, Vanness and 3 others like this.
  19. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

20. I'm heading out early Thursday AM also Pat . Bringing my coupe down just to drive aroubd town.

patmanta likes this.
  21. slick304

slick304

Just checking in...I never post online, more of a take in all the useful info kinda guy. I will be there with my wife, 3 daughters and buddy. Anyone need a tow from Southern Maryland, I will be driving the suburban and have a trailer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. I'll be there. Just got this on the road!! 20190928_211244.jpg

gonzo, 100% Matt, Ritzy1 and 9 others like this.
  23. That’s cool nicely done

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  24. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No doubt where these cats are from. They are on their way so watch out, they were early birds and arrived Tuesday, probably stocking up on adult refreshments early.
    We are in Carlisle swap meet at present to see what’s on offer here ,then head to The surfcomber on Thursday. Oh yeah ..."..
    9E052389-F94C-456A-A969-9777909321C4.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Vanness, jim snow, Floater03 and 3 others like this.
  25. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

The detailed schedule seems to have gotten lost in their FB event page comments. So I crossposted it to my IG and I'm gonna put it here. The website doesn't have quite as much information.

71142192_2977095435697313_4670111768519901184_n.jpg

Vanness likes this.
  26. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looking forward to pics

patmanta likes this.
  27. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Leaving tomorrow morning with the Millworks Hot Rod crew. Ill have some Old Yankee Speed Co freebies with me so if ya see me say "hello"

patmanta likes this.
  28. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB