Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical URGENT RMV NEWS FOR MASSACHUSETTS CAR GUYS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HD53, Mar 22, 2019.

1. HD53

HD53
    from ma

The Ma. RMV has come up with a plan to change the license plate numbering system on certain license plate type sets due to many people getting tickets and easy pass bills for cars that belong to someone else, they want to make it so no two people have the same #, many of us have YOM and Antique plates with #s we do not want to give up, they said they were going to send letters to some plate holders to revoke the plates and give them a different #, I urge all Ma. car guys to call your State Rep or the Governors Office 617-725-4005 and state you do not want the RMV to change the license plate numbering system

mcnally351 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. ...........Seems like in this day and age and computers, they shouldn't be doling out tags with duplicate numbers. Anyway, good luck with your effort and here's a bump for your thread.........Don.

lurker mick and Johnny Gee like this.
  3. Hombre

Hombre

Lothiandon, really has a great idea. maybe you can use that as a little AMMO. Being: How in the hell in the computer age can you issue a plate with a duplicate number? I would just bet that every single car tag in the state is in that damn computer, seems like it would be a simple thing to check just by a few key strokes.

lurker mick and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. how is it possible? both of you are giving IT guys way too much credit

i my experience they are usually the cause of the problem, then are given the job to fix it

RICH B and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. Maybe the OP means that some vintage tags have the same number as newly minted ones. Still, the system should preclude duplicates from being issued. Further info is warranted.:)

lurker mick, Hombre and Hnstray like this.
  6. Bet none of the new ones look like this........ 20170709_093047.jpg

7. F&J

F&J

That plate shows the year that the Cod fish was heading away from the word MASS.. There was a huge downturn in ocean commercial fishing catches, and caused many families to be hit financially, ....some people blamed the plate.. then legislation was passed to have the fish "facing" or returning to MASS the next year.

No joke, look it up

belair, 302GMC, Hombre and 4 others like this.
  8. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

I don’t want to loose my plate. I will fight it. Thanks for the news

9. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It must be like governments that get us into some sort of fix and then proclaim that the government is going to fix it.

10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

It's impossible to have duplicate numbers registered here In Alabama. They check the numbers when you go to register an old plate, if that number sequence is already in use, your old plate is now a wall hanger.

lurker mick and Hombre like this.
  11. I assumed it is that way in every state. In Utah it certainly is.

Mick

12. ...............Yep. Knew this for a while now after reading this article...... 07092017.jpg

F&J likes this.
  13. That was in the Sept. 2006 Road and Track.