Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Buyers Beware

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Funrunr, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Funrunr

Funrunr

Buyers Beware
    I had a horrible experience with a guy from Neon, Kentucky named Mitchell Arrowood aka Bo aka Falcon guy. He sent me pictures of a beautiful 63 grille that he said he only wanted $300 for. We spoke on the phone, exchanged text messages and lots of pics. He explained he doesn’t normally ship parts so I mailed him a box with a return label so now I’m in for $355 total 2-21-19
    Two weeks go by and now his wife has cancer and he can’t ship for a week since her doctor is out of town. I’m sympathetic and agree to wait. I called 1 1/2 weeks later and he promised his wife shipped it, immediately catches himself lying and explains his daughter was supposed to ship it. I said I would have received notifications from post office as soon as the post office received it. I called his local police and they agree to pay him a visit. He begins to call me a Jehovah Witness ( I don’t understand the connection) and I corrected him that I’m Catholic in which he says I’m protecting priest who rape children, this guy is probably on drugs.
    I filed for a police report and he agrees to ship parts. Today I received a used and damaged grille. There is much more to his shenanigans and I have it all on text messages. Whatever you do, avoid this guy like the plague. Mitchell Arrowood is a crooked no good theiving bottom of the gutter piece of shit! His number is 1 (606) 634-6791 and his email is [email protected]
    Avoid all dealing with this guy by all means.
    I honestly don’t know where to turn from here.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  2. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Postal Inspector, Mail Fraud!
    KK

vetteguy402, loudbang and BigO like this.
  3. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

KoolKat-57 and Funrunr like this.
  4. RDR

RDR

5. And a blanket party;)

vetteguy402, loudbang and Funrunr like this.
  6. RMONTY

RMONTY

Aunt Karma will visit him at some point, and she has some stinky breath! He will get his due.....

7. Funrunr

Funrunr

Chinarus,
    Good catch, this guy is bad news. I’ve never dealt with someone so crooked as him and full of excuses.

loudbang and BigO like this.
  8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Should have read into his handle more closely: "KFAL then "cons nest!"
    That woulda tipped me off...:D
    Mitchell Arrowood is by name, an American Indian. How'd he take you for a Jehova's Witness?
    Reckon he felt like you 'witnessed' him doin' you wrong...:eek:
    There are all kinds we have to deal with now...:cool:

Bruce Fischer and loudbang like this.
  9. town sedan

town sedan

If you've got his address maybe you can get him on the Witness' please visit me list.
    -Dave

10. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

You can give his name to all the local churches in his area so they will pester the crap out of him on their visitation nights.

11. Did this guy get in touch with you via the Hamb?

By the way, I'm A Southern Baptist and have friends that are Catholic and one friend that is a Jehova's Witness,I don't have problems with their religion, what I do have problems with is a thief and a liar. HRP

62rebel, 5window, ClayMart and 7 others like this.
  12. well did you pay with paypal as a business?

Steve Ray likes this.
  13. Funrunr

Funrunr

He contacted me through a CL ad where I was looking for Falcon parts. He claimed he didn’t have PayPal so I sent him a USPS money order. Here are some of the text where he offered to sell me an addition Sprint mini tach. I told him to put it in with the grille and I’d pay after I received it. That is when he called me a Jehovah. I do have family that is Jehovah and I don’t know what is was referring too.

Attached Files:

14. Never2low

Never2low

Sign him up for every mailing list, free catalog, newsletter, whatever you can find.
    Flood his ass with spam!

vetteguy402 likes this.
  15. Funrunr

Funrunr

I like your thinking, that’s a good idea.

vetteguy402 likes this.
  16. Funrunr

Funrunr

Mitchell Arrowood
    612 HWY 317
    Neon, Ky. 41840

17. Hey dude. USPS is federal. THIS will save your ass. Screw this thread .... and go take your ass to the Post Office, and file for fraud. The Postal Inspector is an agent of the US Govt, and will use the full force of said, to prosecute and refund the both of you. Read up on use of USPS mail orders. Good as gold. Don't f#ck around. The police report is icing on the cake.

vetteguy402, 5window, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  18. Funrunr

Funrunr

Thank you I will look into that I appreciate the information

19. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Take all your paperwork to your local post office ASAP. Postal inspectors will come down on his sorry ass HARD!!

vetteguy402 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  20. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I'm retired for the USPS, & from Kentucky. You can go at this two ways. You can contact the Ky. Attorney General, or the Postal Inspectors. Make sure you have copies of the Postal Money Order (the only kind to use by the way), all correspondence between the two of you. Make copies of all your stuff if they don't. Good luck.

vetteguy402 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. Well forget about your money. Sorry many here have been had by the same sort of scam.

If you have not heard ALL Wanted ads are basically honeyholes for scammers.
    The best way is to pay up on eBay or go to the swapmeet in person.

Start paying with PayPal
    If it sounds too good...that’s just life. I was had on another for for some smaller parts but was a good learning lesson.

The best bet I have found is finding a dedicated forum. Like Fairlane club iof America to find parts where you have to be a paying member to sign in.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  22. badshifter

badshifter

23. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

^^^Weird, the underhood shots look like the car has white paint.....

24. hudson48

hudson48

Not a Ford man but a 306 cubic inchV8. Never heard of one of those in that era.

25. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Where in Ky is this dude . I’m in Ky and I have “friends “ all over Ky . A Bastard that steals has no reason to call you out over anything . My if it’s one thing that I can not tollerate is someone taking hard earned money knowing , he is stealing . There are Stupid people , that don’t know any better , if they are stealing or not . You can’t fix stupid , but this person , knows better . Man , I’m pissed and it’s not me that it happened to. What sucks is you may or may not get your money back , but you can’t recover the time it has taken away and stress it has added to your life . Doing Bodily harm to him he will forget soon , I few years on the county farm , he will remember daily when he gets ready to go to bed for the rest of his life . Why in the hell do people use so much valuable time of their life’s doing bad things when if the used the time and energy doing good things , their life’s would not be a rotten mess anyway . If you never get your refund , this person may think he got one over one you , but I can tell you , for sure he ain’t goin to be on St .Peter’s Honor Roll list , I bet he ends up in hell with a nail keg to sit on.

26. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

yet another Hamb thread that makes me wish I had a law degree.

6inarow, lothiandon1940 and Funrunr like this.
  27. I got burned years ago on a 56 Buick station wagon, {I didn't look at it but took his word for it was in nice shape ran and drove}When I got it the motor was knocking and the trans leaked like crazy. From then on I go and look at any car or parts I am interested in or have a fellow H.A.M.B.E.R. go and look at it. Bruce.

bobss396 and Hombre like this.
  28. In my experience, any time a seller can't ship because of a sick relative, you've been scammed.

29. Funrunr

Funrunr

Yea, unfortunately she wasn’t sick until he received My money.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  30. -Brent-

-Brent-

Well, if you have the time... let him know you'll be writing to every one of his neighbors. Looks like they're close knit on his street.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Neon,+Fleming-Neon,+KY+41840/@37.1943108,-82.7014968,3a,75y,225.1h,60.21t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sx6J1Q0uxL61r1a-x9YeYwQ!2e0!6s//geo3.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=x6J1Q0uxL61r1a-x9YeYwQ&output=thumbnail&cb_client=search.TACTILE.gps&thumb=2&w=86&h=86&yaw=349.5&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656!4m8!1m2!2m1!1s612+HWY+317+Neon,+Ky.+41840!3m4!1s0x884531c81b5389e7:0x9d527336cc2cf12e!8m2!3d37.1958265!4d-82.6976156

I had good results with a deadbeat who gave me his office address when I sent him a MO. I hand-wrote a bunch of letters to ALL of his neighbors in his building complex and on the back side of the envelope, I wrote something like, "This is concerning [person's name] who has taken my money without sending me the item." I made sure to write what honestly happened so I wasn't doing the defaming.

I gave him a deadline and sent him pics of the envelopes. He sent me back my money well before the time I was sending them out that day.

I tried going through the post office (it was very slow) and the state's AG (I think? It's been a while) and while I could've gotten somewhere over time, outing him to the people he sees daily was what did it.

When I got the money I got a twinge of regret as I kept my word and shreded the letters.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019