Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Listing of swaybars by dimensions is there one ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Mar 20, 2019.

1. I need a front sway bar for a custom application,
    I'd like to see drawings, but listings of dimensions would be great,

There's plenty out there and listed by application only

Thanks

2. sdluck

sdluck

Give us some idea frt or rear stiff or soft. You can make your own using torsion bars ,all different length and sizes avalible

3. Can you get a Company name of a supplier and maybe get a catalog with photos and numbers?

4. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I couldn't remember where our circle track bars came from but, these are like the ones we used.

I hope I'm not letting the speed secret out of the bag.

http://www.sanderengineering.com/torsionbars.html

Also a nice table in the Winters Performance 2017 Closed Tube Catalog pg 82 & 93.

I can't link to it.

If you find something you like, let me know. I might be able to save you a couple of bucks.

5. I think your best bet will be to draw up what you need, then send that to one of the majors like Addco or Hellwig to see if they have something that will work. Or possibly with a working drawing they could make it. If you have a spring company nearby, you could bend up your own and then have them temper it for use.

Speedway sells several 'universal' type splined bar kits also.

6. what I'd like to do is use an OEM type bar,
    What I don't want to do is ask some phone jockey 100 times, what's the GM a body sway bar measure, what's the first, second, third gen FB measure, what's the AD truck sway bar measure
    What's the mopar a body measure b body measure , and every other application that may be there.

Just a list with dimensions instead of application

7. That fucking google pops ads into everything once you look at it,,,, here's the latest and I'm sure I'll see similar for weeks now.

some dimensions on these would be nice, then I could order one, just one I need and would work.
    IMG_1990.jpg

8. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

You are going to love this....Salvage yards are your friend. Your best hope is to measure & photograph, trial & error. You may end up with a stack of oddballs for sale like me.

9. I was hoping to avoid all that by using the listings by dimensions

10. A trip to a "You pull It" yard might be more worthwhile than trying to imagine fit on the net.

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My son Rich (my rich son, LOL) has used rear bars off late ('80s on up) F150 Ford pickups. Brackets are 'retro-friendly', linkage is the 'make sense' type that can be disconnected and back.
    Price is usually dirt cheap!
    So...In your immediate travels, start with the F150s rear. May be just a 1 stop for you.

12. Hudson31

Hudson31

I had good luck looking at the multitude on line until I found one that appeared to be about the right size. Then emailing the company selling, and ask for dimensions.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13. Ritzy1

Ritzy1

Shadow Creek likes this.
  14. wayne-o

wayne-o

I went the UPull It route. Had measurements of what i needed, took a couple of hours to find one that fit perfect. And it was cheap. Got all of the mounting hardware as well.

15. That's my method as well. Takes some time, but i always seem to spend even more time in the junkyard anyway. Somehow spending time in a junkyard searching out parts is just good for the soul

16. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

"I was hoping to avoid all that by using the listings by dimensions"
    Thanks! I needed that. Oh man....LOL :D

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  17. Really I have got enough to do,
    I can't afford to blow haLf a day driving back and forth to the bone yard and then get my hotrod aerobics workout in the mud in the winter.

Hot rod aerobics is when you get under a car and backout and then back under and back out and back under enough times and fast enough to raise your heart rate, qualifies for a legit work out.

Shadow Creek, VANDENPLAS and XXL__ like this.
  18. Bump for the Saturday crewc

19. thorpe31

thorpe31
    from nor-cal

http://www.addco.net/aftermarket/

Maybe they can go backwards from your drawing or?

From the back of a ADDCO catalogue.
    Old catalogue has just apps, lbs, dia & $
    2B4AA4CC-F0B4-498C-BF35-B0BEC0F79C3D.jpeg
    2A2A54CA-0795-4AA6-ACB4-BB82D53E419C.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    31Vicky with a hemi likes this.