Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 Canadian 3100 - New to the HAMB!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Charles MacEachern, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Charles MacEachern

Charles MacEachern

Hey there everyone! So happy to have found this forum and I'm sure it provide a great source of information moving forward.

This truck came into my life a few months ago, and it's been a Cinderella story.

I was completing time at the fire fighting academy, was driving home and saw her driving down the highway. I did the typical drive by and wave... and continued on home. That night, for shits and giggles, as I'd always been on the look out for a 50's pick up, I decided to do another search to see what was out there these days for sale in my area. Low and behold THE truck was for sale! Had I left school a second earlier or later, we would have missed eachother completely. Had to get it... It was meant to be.

The truck as you can see is in wonderful condition. It underwent a restoration about 25 years ago and has very little rust. Never winter driven. I am finding the odd thing as I go through it with a comb but that's half the fun right!!! Some interesting quirky things about her... She's original 6 volt (as a newbie it took me a second to realize that sound starting wasn't her broken lol) and it's the hydromatic option of the truck!

Wanted to show some pictures and do an introduction. Thanks in advance for all the help. Goals for the truck are pretty straight forward. I've done some cosmetic finishes... I want to do a cool reclaimed wood bed (not totally stock, but to pay homage to her simple times on the farm before I got her. For the engine I just want to make a really clean bay. Keep the inline 6, modernize the ignition, rebuild the carb and just cruise! MAYBE some new headers... But that's it! Just Hank Williams on the dial and driving. She's going to be a driver! 12 volt conversion is seeming more likely.

Attached Files:

2. Charles MacEachern

Charles MacEachern

3. David Benstead

David Benstead

Hi Charles, I’m a newbie myself. What a lovely truck! Wish you health to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Charles MacEachern likes this.

4. Gorgeous Truck! Welcome to the H.A.M.B.. I have a 1950 Chevy 3100. IMG_1084.JPG
    My Dad and I painted this truck when I was 14. I know it’s not show quality, but it’s the very first vehicle that I ever painted or even worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. As ex-Calgarian now living in West Texas, welcome to the HAMB!
    Really nice truck. Nice to see it survived the salted roads. Must have been on farm and back roads. I have 3 vehicles from Alberta n they weren't so lucky!
    Rex Winter wishing u the best.

Charles MacEachern likes this.
  6. Charles MacEachern

Charles MacEachern

What a beautiful truck!! Special indeed.

7. Charles MacEachern

Charles MacEachern

Yeah I think it spent most of its time on the farm (somewhere out near Mundare) From here on out she'll be on a low salt diet :)