Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects ATTN: Glass 32 3 window guys I have a couple questions

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by lrs30, Mar 21, 2019.

1. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

So I am about to start back on my Rats Glass 32 3 window and have a few questions.
    1- What did you use for window mechanisms, OEM style or Electric. And what brand.
    2- Weatherstripping what did you use for doors, trunk, and radiator/cowl lacing. What company would you recommend?
    3- I have bear claw latches installed already, what method did you use to keep the doors shut so they don't fly open, or are the bear claws enough from a safety aspect. I plan on running Dakota Digital shaved door handle kit with the actuators for the time being.
    Any info on any of this would be a great help. I did do a search but really didn't find what i was looking for.. Thanks in advance, Ryan

2. On my glass Dearborn Deuce roadster I have Specialty Power Windows and wipers.
    I used the half round, peel and stick foam around the doors. I used the peel and stick cowl lacing on the cowl and grill shell. I think I ordered it from Softseal.
    Have no help for #3. I have door handles and hinges to the front of door.

Phil

3. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

4. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

5. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Thanks fo all the great info... Im probably gonna use the same weather stripping

6. nugget32

nugget32

On my 3 window, suicide doors, I used a door lock that,looks like a screen door sliding dead bolt. The pin slides into a hole is the door jamb. I bought them from a on line hot rod shop which I forgot the name of. They are out there, search perhaps,"manual suicide door safety latches."

Sent from my VS500 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

right on i will look into them

8. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

9. United Pacific has the conventional hand crank window regulator, works with 3 window,5 window or sedan. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You don't need additional locking mechanisms with bear claw latches as they lock positively and don't flex or rattle loose and open. But nothing wrong with belt and braces either.

Chris

11. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

The only thing I would like to add, if you run electric door openers, consider mounting a hidden (but accessable) manual latch pull cable on at least the drivers door. Your kind of S.O.L. with a dead battery or failed solenoid. Bill Rinaldi

loudbang likes this.
  12. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

yhea the kit i has comes with an emergency cable.. thanks for the reply.

13. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Good to know.. Thanks

14. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I made some safety pins for a guy's 32 pickup with suicide doors. I ran the pin forward all the way to through the fire wall. No hood. put a discrete knob on the firewall end. The rod goes back through the door frame and engages a hole in the door. It serves as a anti theft device as nobody will suspect the function of the knobs on the firewall. Close the door and push the knob in, walk away. Had an additional knob in the cockpit for the driver to engage the safety pin. Also had a micro switch to prevent stating the engine until the safety pins were engaged.