Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Swap meet finds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chryslerfan55, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Here’s a couple cars that I saw for sale at the swap meet today. IMG_0560.JPG IMG_0561.JPG IMG_0563.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

ClarkH, VANDENPLAS, Chucky and 7 others like this.
  2. Found these shocks ($50)yesterday for my Belly Tank project. JW
    [​IMG]

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Is that the old USPHS Hospital/now Amazon in the background? Beacon Hill? Just trying to figure out where this was.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.

4. racerlall

racerlall
    from WA

Puyallup almost spring swap meet

5. Yup.

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  6. Also saw this for NZ$ 23K, not bad for over here.:cool: JW
    [​IMG]

7. Indeed

8. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I have't been to Puyallup in 30 years; so that would be Good Samaritan/Multi Care? I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

9. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, 26T;
    Would you mind all that much disassembling one of those friction shocks for some good close-up pics, & hopefully do a set of good measurements, for those of us that will have to replicate our own, since they're sorta thin on the ground around here? Can make my own, but I really like the looks of those.
    Maybe post info in another thread? Would appreciate it very much, although if it's too much trouble, I understand. TIA.
    Marcus...

10. I will do that for you, just my be a couple days. I was going to try and make my own too. JW

11. egads

egads

Here ya go, seem's cheap enough, Speedway Offenhauser, $97.99 a pair.[​IMG]

12. belair

belair

I like that Caddy.

13. It’s for sale, $16,800.

14. belair

belair

I still like it. :)

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  15. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. those cars I wouldn't say are "swap meet finds" my mean of a "find " is going thru a swap meet space and finding the
    one trinket or part hidden under stuff !

ClarkH and partsdawg like this.
  17. Had these on my '29 A standard coupe back in 1969. J.C. Whitney specials. Broke at the brackets within a week.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  18. It's in the wrong hemishpere.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with @rob-redm on this. This isn't to say those aren't cool cars, because they are. But it's the hidden gems that consititute "swap meet finds" in my book.

Here are a few oddball treasures I picked up at the same Puyallup meet that started this thread:
    IMG_1444.JPG

Just as rob-redm said, this six gallon copper fuel tank was covered with other parts when I found it. Great for my next speedster project, I'm thinking. :D Purchase price was less than a decent lunch.

IMG_1437.JPG
    This funky banjo wheel was mixed in with a bunch of bicyle stuff so you couldn't really see it. I've been wanting to experiment with a perimeter replacement. Cost less than a six pack of beer.

IMG_1447.jpg
    And finally, this copper-faced printers block of an 1897 Monarch Cycle advertisement was black with ink and soot when I found it in a $1 box. Cleaned up pretty good. Maybe I can trade it to a bike guy for another banjo wheel. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  20. Found these Lincoln Zephyr caps at York NSRA swap a few years ago..........cheap. 20170203_074055.jpg 20170709_133409.jpg