Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Rodders Journal moving to Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Feb 26, 2019.

1. 5window

5window

Bryce Harper. Signed with the Phillies for $330 million. Guess I'd pay attention to save $33 million, too.

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

TRJ moving is great news. Now more cars from
    the eastern part of the USA can be featured.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. ............They actually do a pretty good job of that already.:)

Special Ed and Hamtown Al like this.
  4. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

^^^Exactly! They came to Richmond to shoot a car; they saw the place; they liked it and realized the potential for TRJ.
    The best thing, among many things!, about it is I think it greatly increases the likelihood of the revival of the Revival!!
    I'm looking forward to seeing what the future brings.
    I'm also looking forward to having the first and likely, only, Ice Cream Revival in Smithfield, VA if they can get down this way once they are settled.:)
    Of course, we could do it again if y'all wanted some more ice cream.;)

5. What's not to like about "MORE ICE CREAM"????......and yes, hoping very much for a revival of The Revival.:D

6. OK Al, I'm committed. Once Steve and crew are settled in, I'll get a couple more local volunteers with hot rods and we'll drive the Rodder's Journal staff down to Hamtown for some ice cream one weekend. :)

You're in charge of advertising (and parking if there's a big turnout).

7. This all sounds great - I’ll cruise to Smithfield for ice cream! See you at Jalopyrama, Steve .....

8. You know you can count me in Dave!

9. I'll be in if I happen to be in VA.

Phil

D-Russ, lothiandon1940 and Hamtown Al like this.
  10. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

^^I'm loving the enthusiasm! Phil, don't worry if you're not in VA; we can mail ya some ice cream! I recommend the Deep Dish Apple Pie ice cream if they have it in... usually only a month or so during the summer.
    We will work out the details in one way or another... and we do have that great historical spot that would love to have some old cars parked there.;) Shoot! They even built a foot bridge across the swamp a few years ago so you can walk more directly from the historical landmark to the ice cream store! How is that for an accommodation?
    Yep. First ever Ice Cream Revival should be fun. This will be a no pressure thing... except to find some shade to sleep off some of the ice cream!:D
    IMG_3647.JPG That is Raspberry Road Runner ice cream and it is delicious, too!:)
    Any and all of y'all are welcome to visit on scouting expeditions before the official revival if ya want!;)

11. catdad49

catdad49

Fighting off some kind of stomach bug, but with All this talk about ham, sausage gravy and ice cream, I'm still salivating!

12. The Calif. State sales tax rate is 7.25%. With the addition of local rates the median rate is 8.75%.
    But, like they say, never let the facts stand in the way of a good bullshit story.

Special Ed likes this.
  13. Fordors

Fordors

True, but I imagine the comment referred to state income tax.

HEMI32 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. If an RJ staff member needs a ride to the event say from Williamsburg, you can count me in to give someone a ride as well! They even get a free ferry ride! Lol!

oj, D-Russ, Hamtown Al and 2 others like this.
  15. Sausage gravy or scrapple are never optional. Always a requirement. Moving to VA just got you a new subscriber.....

Just Gary and Hamtown Al like this.
  16. ...and of course we have Chipped beef too....LOL

Just Gary and Hamtown Al like this.
  17. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Moved to va and printed in Hong kong

18. Wrong! ... TRJ is being printed in the USA again ...

[​IMG]
    artwork by @Jeff Norwell

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  19. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

I remember a thread a while back ago on the hamb everyone was mad. Good to know

20. 5window

5window

Anybody received a new TRJ lately? Seems like it has been a while.

21. Fordors

Fordors

Think about it, I signed on pretty early and TRJ started in 1994 as a four issue per year periodical. By that standard we should be much closer to issue 100 but number 81 is the next up. Don’t dwell on getting the next one, just enjoy it when it does arrive.

22. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

We apologize that it’s taken some time for us to reply. Packing and preparing for our cross-country move has occupied a great deal of our time these last few weeks.

There are a few specific questions/comments I wanted to address, but first let me say that we’ve all been truly heartened by the positive response on the HAMB and elsewhere. We’re pretty excited about this move, in large part because it’s going to allow us to spend a much greater amount of time out in the rodding world—checking out projects and shops in more parts of the world, going to more events, and doing so behind the wheel of our own vintage cars. And we plan to start with the run to Smithfield @Hamtown Al has graciously offered to organize. Once we’re settled in Richmond, we’re all in.

Regarding our printing schedule, in early 2018 we brought our printing back to the U.S.A., which also meant bringing all of our pre-production in-house. It was well worth it, but the process took time and as a result we only produced three issues within the calendar year. This in no way affects subscribers; they still get every issue they’ve paid for. And rest assured, TRJ 81 has printed and will be coming your way soon.

In terms of dates, we will be out of our South San Francisco headquarters at the end of this month, so @mike matters we won’t be here when you arrive in late April. We’re sorry we’ll miss you, but if you give us a call we can set you up with whatever back issues you’re looking for that we have in stock.

We’re hoping to kick off our spring show season at the 15th annual Jalopyrama in Easton, Maryland, on April 27th, followed by a run west to the 55th L.A. Roadster Show. But before we can do any of that we’ve got to finish packing these boxes!

Thank you all for your continued support. It’s going to be a fun summer.

-Steve and the TRJ crew

23. catdad49

catdad49

Yee Haw, see you at Jalopyrama!

24. .................X2...:D

25. town sedan

town sedan

Reminds me of the old days. Someone would start a thread because they're thinking it's been awhile and a new issue is due.

Then folks from across the planet would start reporting if they'd received the latest issue, or not.
    It was the appearance of these threads that signaled to me that it was time to start watching the mailbox.

The best to you all in this major undertaking!
    -Dave

26. jim snow

jim snow

X3 on the Jalopyrama. Snowman

lothiandon1940 and Hamtown Al like this.
  27. 5window

5window

Thanks for the update, TRJ

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  28. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Smithfield? Ice cream? Well heck, here in beautiful East Central Brrmont every year the Vol. Fire Dept. digs a huge bean pit in the quaint Town Square and bakes their special blend over night. By noon the next day, the Whole Town's lined up, forks in hand!

Now THAT'S a destination worthy of a TRJ JOURNEY! Plus, it's during the 3 months of piss poor sleddin, AND...you get enuf free gas to get back to Dixie!!

Wadaya say Steve? pm me :p

29. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_3578_LI.jpg
    I think I need to improve the artwork for the T shirts!:D
    Should we order 600?:eek::D

30. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

If we can coordinate a trip by winduptoy from downtown Zuzax, NM to Smithfield, can we include a map from Zuzax to Smithfield and call it the Mid-America Ice Cream Tour Revival?!:D:D
    Maybe add some other places in MD, NC, TN, Brrmont:D, PA, KS, IL, IA, CT, OR, NE, WA, AZ, TX, and, of course, CA?!! Also our friends to the north in Canada and our mates in Australia!:)