Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Knoxville, Tennessee Nats South

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 11, 2019.

1. This year is the 45th Nats South in Knoxville, TN. May 3.4,5 we are planning our annual trip and hope to see some of you guys there. HRP

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

So I says to my wife " honey, how would you like to visit your neice in Knoxville".
    My momma didn't raise no dummy!

3. So I take you ain't going. HRP

50 customcoupe likes this.
  4. See you there, I hope. Will you be parked up on the hill behind the vendor building?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. Bill, I'm looking forward to seeing you again and that sedan, I'm sure at some point we will be, If we get the interior finished we will be in the old beater, if not we will be in the wagon. HRP

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  6. I should be there in 1 of these Danny 2019 32 del front left.jpg 5 winder in Weatherford OK.jpg

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Man, wish I could make it. Doubt my car will be going by then. My free time is almost nonexistent anymore so I’m not making any progress..

8. I'll keep my eyes open, two very nice Deuces. HRP

You could always go as a spectator, I've done that a couple of times. HRP

9. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Haven’t been for 7 years or so,a group of us decided to head down this year and I’m looking forward to it.:)

10. That's great, what will you guys be driving? HRP

11. .........Don't know if L. D. Ottinger still makes it to Knoxville, but if he does, hope he sees your '40. He would love it. He's built a number of great 40's at his shop in Newport.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

38 Chevy coupe,41 Chevy sedan and my 40 are confirmed,may be a few more.
    Will look you up for sure HRP!:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. I saw L.D. at the Nats South a couple of years ago. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Possibly. It’s probably something like 350 miles one way for me, so that’s two days of driving, one up, one back. Then I’d only get to stay one day, probably Saturday. I’ll have to see what the piggy bank looks like a little closer in.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. For a old truck driver like yourself that's just a Sunday afternoon ride! :D HRP

16. ..........Super nice and talented guy and 2-time National Late Model Sportsman Champion before it became the Busch Grand National Series. I watched him race at the old Tennessee-Carolina Speedway in Newport, Tennessee way back in the late 50's-early 60's. L. D. (2).jpg 333348-1318885076-636a4451195be7a4f6b3a17ae8548a61.jpg

47ragtop, williebill and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That’s true, just a few hours ride for me, but the missus will be along and possibly the GS, and I know they’ll have to stop once an hour for potty breaks. I could drive straight up, stay all day, then drive back, but with those one or two it ain’t happening that way. I see two nights in a motel, and several meals.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Going to the show might be just the ticket to get you motivated, there are all kind of small things you can do to your old Lincoln that cost little to no money and if you can get your grandson interested that's a extra set of hands! :D HRP

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Oh, I’m motivated all right, just no free time. Other things keep getting in the way.

The Grandson’s favorite tool right now is a hammer, he wants to beat on anything and everything. Have to keep them all well out of his reach!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. This reminds me of the incident with my dad's 56 sedan delivery and my younger sisters fixing it with a hammer, she put several dents in the drivers door before dad caught her. HRP

21. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I can relate! He has already put two pretty good sized dents in the front fender of my BLACK OT 1999 F150! You know how black magnifies dents? They look almost softball size, even though they're not.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Is that the Same weekend as G G's in Nashville?

47ragtop and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. I believe it is. HRP

24. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Just really don't understand that.............. Not good for the sport of Hot Rods

47ragtop and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. Your right, The N.S.R.A. Nats South is hosting the 45th annual event in Knoxville, TN. and Goodguys is hosting their 14th in Nashville, TN.

IMHO both organizations have opened the events up to later model cars try to keep their bottom line but the numbers are going down, hosting the events on the same date just tends to chip away at both events.

I was a member of Goodguys from their start but I dropped out several years ago. HRP

26. hayu

hayu

I will be there hope 32 cdan will be out of trim shop in time

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I was just going to ask if that was Ottinger the racer. I remember his name from the Gator News,etc.

28. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Hey thanks for the reminder on the Nats. I am popping over to Ol' Virginny and going right through there. Need to figure timing out.Is there a swapmeet or just the show?Guess I could look that up :D

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. ................Safe travels......Don.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. Hopefully me and you both. HRP