Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 3/8/19 >>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Mar 7, 2019.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

2. 190308Dye&Hampton.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Jigger, David Gersic, rooman and 34 others like this.
  3. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Classics this week. DSC_2284-2.jpg DSC_2306-2.jpg

4. Latigo, Wild Willy, Stogy and 23 others like this.

5. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's late...I'm gettin sleeepy... DSC_0051.JPG

6. This is a old photo I took of my daughter. 154.jpg

7. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

8. Some sketches I displayed at the Detroit Autorama last weekend. It was a good time.

32_Switch_Blade_Sedan_4web.jpg 48_Ford_Roadster_Custom_4web.jpg 55_Chevy_Surf_Delivery_4web.jpg 57_Ford_Country_Sedan_wgn_4web.jpg

Rolling artwork.

026.jpg

029.jpg

027.jpg

9. IMG_1836.jpg IMG_1828.jpg Some more from the show...

10. Frogz

Frogz

Great show guys!

Little scribbles of one of my favourite french cars from the late '30s, the Panhard Dynamic. Take a sedan, cut 1/3 of the lengh, build a retractable chopped top with a brand new custom made windshield frame and many other alterations… and you're ready for the GNRS.

[​IMG]

David Gersic, rooman, D type and 30 others like this.
  11. robber

robber

...little bad ass... :)
    cp 941.JPG

12. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

pwschuh, Wild Willy, Stogy and 20 others like this.
  13. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2019-3-8_3-52-30.png 1961 football friends surf day during Easter Vacation

Hello,

“Spring Break” is fast approaching for the high school teenagers everywhere. This is a Spring Break or Easter Vacation story, as it was called in 1961. A group of teenage friends from high school sports teams gathered together to try surfing as individuals. There were two of us that actually had been surfing several months before and were always spreading the wealth of being active surfers. So, the point was well taken and a lot of sports guys wanted to try this interesting sport.

In our high school group of friends that had cars, this 1953 Chevy was the first. The owner was the oldest and got his license first, out of all of us in the class. Then he proceeded to get his own car, a 1953 Chevy two door hardtop and drove many miles of teenage freedom as we all have known. It was originally a two toned car from the factory, but after a few months, he got it painted this unusual green color.
    upload_2019-3-8_3-54-37.png SIMILAR COLOR
    While Easter Vacation (Spring Break, today) was fast approaching, our group decided to drive to the OC to go surfing together. I had plenty of time on my own board, but the others were novices or had been surfing a time or two. We had the starting #1 QB, #2 QB, MLB,OG,WR,OLB,OT and me, TE/OLB. We all wanted to go surfing, but only had four cars available. So, it was decided that the surfboards would fit in anyone’s car with the back seat rest taken out. We measured and decided which car could easily take out the back seat and hold 6 surfboards.
    upload_2019-3-8_3-55-17.png
    The 53 Chevy hardtop had one of the longest trunk/rear seat, (taken out) space, so it was chosen as the “board car.”

Then, only the driver and passenger would be in this 53 Chevy. The other three cars had 4 people each, 55 Chevy 2 door post, 56 2 door post, and 57 Bel Air hardtop. It was a fun time as those big football players, a few C.I.F. golfers and others were all at the beach at once. They were fun to watch get creamed wave after wave. It was their time and everyone laughed at each other on each wipeout. The usually tough,starting middle linebacker came out of the water and asked if we saw that wave that whacked him in the head. They all whacked him in the head…but, he was having the most fun.

I was the shot gun, passenger in the 53 Chevy hardtop and 6 surfboards.
    upload_2019-3-8_3-56-8.png
    Jnaki

The 53 Chevy was slightly lowered with a coil already taken out. But, with 6 surfboards and two guys, the car was a very low cruiser going to the beach. No, we did not go to the Huntington Beach Pier, but down the coast, near Sunset Beach. It was much safer and the waves were fun. The 53 Chevy hardtop had chromed reversed rims, but we may have put on some Moon Racing Discs during that period of time. Hot rod parts (wheels/rims) experimenting was the order of the day. Our group had one full set of Moons that got moved around everyone’s cars at one time or another. Those were some fun times for us in high school. Real surfers or not, what a combo, hot rods/cruisers and a bunch of teenage/football surfers. (or want to be surfers…)
    upload_2019-3-8_3-56-40.png
    For some strange reason, out of all of those friends from sports and hanging around Bixby Knolls during high school, no one actually ended up pursuing surfing as a way to relax and enjoy those great So Cal waves. (golfing seemed to be the one that lasted for them) Sure there were long surf trips during high school vacations and such, but afterwards, life got in the way.

Right out of HS, I found out that those cool college schedules of MWF classes left a lot of time for going to the beach on the odd weekdays. Plus, Friday classes, usually got out before lunch. So, that kept me close to the So Cal coastal areas for plenty of years, even into old age. Today, that episode 58 years ago still rings true. I would be super happy to cruise to the beach in that cool, Turquoise Green 53 Chevy…with my shortboard that would actually fit inside the trunk and backseat area.

Times have changed, but the memories have not.

14. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

F245BC70-D82B-4F84-9ADC-56155958B678.jpeg one i did for my daughter

15. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

New show shirts.
    PontiacCruise2019ShirtBackPROOF.jpg

16. Great start to a dreary day back here in Missouri. Thanks to all.

Stogy, robber, Ron Brown and 4 others like this.
  17. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FAS needs a REALLY Like key...just beautiful work Gents!

@57 Corvette ~ Bob ...SWEET! Is that Pendine? @Ron Funkhouser ... your Girls are WAY too cute! @jnaki ...you opened a memory floodgate! (East Coast version..6 of us skateboard/surf delinquents, terrorizing the D.C. Beltway in a metallic blue '50 shoebox weekends, and Indian River Inlet w/ longboards over vacations...mid 60's).

Way to heat up a weekend, never mind the thermometer!

18. ...good show already, Mr. Brown, you are gettin really good at this, nice work.
    ...here's a couple odd-ball wannabe gassers...and a surf shop wagon...
    woodart 2019 222.jpg woodart 2019 221.jpg woodart 2019 220.jpg woodart 2019 219.jpg

19. Sketches from the couch and mind!
    Art Show 2019-02-21 004 (2).jpg

20. another! Carmin? Art Show 2019-02-21 002 (2).jpg

21. Ok, one more. "salt"
    Art Show 2019-02-21 001 (2).jpg

22. Okay, I wasn't going to share this, at least not yet but here goes nothing.
    It's been way too long since i have posted (or even done) any art. You ALL have kind of inspired me to get back at it, especially after some recent "art technique" conversations with @straykatkustoms
    Here's the current piece I'm working on, white pencil on black paper. You'll have to excuse the glare, this paper reflects light pretty bad. Once I finish this one I can get back to some car related art!

Thanks to each and every one for the inspiration!
    20190308_062005.jpg

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sancho has been Blessed with some serious art skills. Thanks for sharing your current project. It is a absolutely amazing. Here is what I have hanging in my office.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

24. Mick, you are too kind! Thanks though for posting that one!

Stogy, robber, BigO and 2 others like this.
  25. Thank you, gentlemen. I hope your day is filled with visions for more art work. Yes, I'm selfish. LOL

Stogy, robber, Ron Funkhouser and 3 others like this.
  26. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

The book has gone to print and I have been saving some images until selections had been made so with out further ado,,, Rolling Bones Drag Racing El Mirage Dry Lake August 2018:
    headights.jpg Coupe Dark-SM.jpg