Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical flexhoses

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oliver westlund, Feb 19, 2019.

1. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Would rather find some new old stock stuff, Like I said, I don`t like all this new overseas made crap today. Just doesn't have the vintage(not patinaed) look to it.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wow. a traditional 4 door 49 Chevrolet all stock on the outside and a V8 on the inside. I'm sure you are right, he wanted to be traditional. that could be the only reason to change those hoses. you make a lot of sense.:confused:

3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Whew, for awhile I thought we were done. Haven't even gotten to traditional hose clamps yet. Probably worm gears got put on in place of the originals when the flex hoses went on, I'm guessin. And that's a good thing, 'cause I got a drawer full. Pull one out and 10 follow. But then in recent thread those got dissed for eating into the hose.

What a bag of worms..and hoses.

loudbang, rusty valley and bdynpnt like this.
  4. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Surprised nobody has posted the stainless flex hose with adaptors from Speedway yet

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  5. jebbesen

jebbesen
    from Winona, MN

Period correct
    20180426_203104.jpg 20151005_174345.jpg
    My very ugly flexhose ;) It may very well be temporary. Haven't decided yet. Works much better for now. I like it...
    20160610_194002.jpg

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

We got ribs on the valve covers. We got ribs on the air cleaner. We got ribs on the valley cover. But we don`t like ribs on the radiator hose? Even got ribs on the airbreather.

tb33anda3rd and loudbang like this.
  7. bdynpnt

bdynpnt

I personally don't like ribbed hoses to me they look generic like one size fits all .but that's just my opinion and as we all know opinions are like assholes everybody has one

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

56don likes this.
  8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I did not say I do not like your engine compartment. I`m just saying what I like. In my opinion. To me it would just blend in a bit better. If we all did the same thing, life would be boring. Hope you didn`t take it the wrong way. ???

9. bdynpnt

bdynpnt

Not me I never take anything personal and yes we all have different tastes and flex hoses aren't one of mine .i don't care what anyone else uses .i do my thing and everyone else can do theirs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app