Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 and 1956 Ford cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

The nicest one is parked at the curb.

loudbang, Texas57 and jeepsterhemi like this.
  2. bdynpnt

bdynpnt

That reflection of the new ford truck almost makes the black 56 hardtop look like a ghost image .dam all nice cars too

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  3. The '55 convertibles also shared the 'factory top chop' with the Crown Vic. All of Ford's 'pillarless' cars for '56 had the 'chop'.

qicvick, loudbang and bdynpnt like this.
  4. Obviously the family hung on to a few of Larry's cars. They sold a bunch at auction. One was a Parklane wagon that I was told was a 97 point car. Another was a "Canadian 56 Crown Vic"project car, but looking very solid....not sure what the model name was on the Canadian CVs. He had hundreds of cars.it was a hell of an auction. Bob Owens helped the family alot during that time of sorting everything out. I think Bob also picked up a few parts cars on auction day for Owens Salvage. One car I remember was a project car 56 Mercury station wagon that still had a great set of original tailights. Not sure how they survived being in Larry's storage yard without the tailights getting stolen
    If anybody is ever passing thru Childress, btw. The old CityHall building is right on 287, and the pictured building I'm in front of is about 3 or 4 blocks behind the old city hall.
    In the same building, on the other end is a dozen or so hot rods..multiple 34 Fords and 30's Willys coupes, etc etc

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    loudbang, Gammz and Old wolf like this.
  5. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2019-2-27_3-57-29.png A Ford Sedan without Moon Discs.
    Hello,

We almost purchased an ex-Bonneville 56 Ford two door sedan from a family friend in Los Angeles. It was black with blackwalls and had Moon Discs. That was the popular race car look from 1959-61 straight from the salt flats. The Ford Sedan was immaculately prepared and displayed in the driveway. The interior was all black, Naugahyde upholstery to match the outside paint. The black paint was almost as deep as my 58 black Impala. It was a "looker."
    upload_2019-2-27_4-2-42.png

The owner was a friend of my dad and knew we were looking for something different than the recently ended, drag race experience. It certainly would have been different with a Flathead motor, 3 Strombergs, a tall floor shift lever attached to a LaSalle transmission and those cool Moon, screw in discs. It had low miles overall and would have made a comfortable daily driver to high school and the beach. Plus, the sound that the Flathead made was pretty nice, with a deep rumble at idle and a super growl, with some throttle. With the experience at the salt flats, it would have been a first of its kind rumbling on the streets of Long Beach.
    upload_2019-2-27_3-58-33.png
    Friday Art 20819

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/friday-art-show-2-8-19.1138964/#post-12947372

The price was right, but we already had the 58 Impala. It would have been fun to own, but hard to give up the 58 Impala. My brother and I were slowly finishing up our dragstrip adventures. We actually gave the Ford Sedan some thought for a week’s worth of ideas. The main thing was the price, the solid, well taken care of sedan and the cool factor of the car itself. The style would have been fine with a couple of surfboards on top, as the Ford Sedan was considered the “working man’s car,” with no flashy designs or extras.

We had some ideas of making it go faster with supercharger, Hilborn injectors or 471 + dual quads for the street. We even thought of possibly making the Flathead bigger without the worry of exploding. The looks we would have received at the local Bixby Knolls drive-in parking lots were certainly going to be different. It was a good idea and excellent car for the time, but it was not to be.

Jnaki

Many times, I wished we had the 56 black two door, Ford Sedan, too. But, it slipped away with a confused heart. It would have been the only Ford Sedan in our high school group of hot rod/cruisers. Months later, my brother bought a VW Van and I added the 40 Ford Sedan Delivery to our stable of surf vehicles.
    upload_2019-2-27_4-5-26.png
    A possible future look with mag wheels

6. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Jnaki, that black future look one is perfect.......

jnaki likes this.
  7. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you find one with a Y-Block it needs to look like this: image.jpeg

8. bdynpnt

bdynpnt

Sky Six and loudbang like this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

10. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Oh crap and double damn...
    mine has a two barrel. 20171023_110715.jpg

11. Mine now
    And thanks to Moose in the photoshop thread hopefully what it willl be. 55 Victoria

Attached Files:

12. The Moose sure builds some great looking cars.

loudbang and fiveoh108 like this.
  13. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

he made my day about 3-4 years ago

14. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Absolutely LOVE the '56 grille & park lamps. Always wanted to build one, but never found the right one before something else came along. 2 door coupe or wagon... doesn't matter. Nothing cooler than a well done long roof.

loudbang likes this.
  15. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

16. In the past ive owned a great number of 55 & 56 fords. I only have one left. a 55 ranch wagon. At present it has a good running 262 six engine. However I have a 62 390 Tbird engine that I think need to be in the wagon. ive got the bell housing flywheel clutch starter and fill syncro trans from a 70,s truck that has a 360. So I got all the parts to do the swap. 1955 ford ranch wagon 001.JPG t bird 390 006.JPG

17. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

If I wasn't retired and didn't have two projects going now I would be sending you a message!

droppedstepside and loudbang like this.
  18. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

If you can duplicate moose’s look you are going to have one cool 55.

19. Frogz

Frogz

Dale's '55.
    The car has an injected 302 ci engine and all the rest of the goodies.

[​IMG]

20. I’m going to try... and try a Holley sniper unit.

loudbang likes this.
  21. Fordnut40

Fordnut40

Some pictures of '56 Fords at the Nats South in Knoxville this weekend. IMG_3221.JPG IMG_3224.JPG

22. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Looks like you need to PM Old Wolf! LOL

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang and Old wolf like this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

24. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These are picts of the last tri-5 Fords I owned I did sell it local so I get to visit once in a while.It had a 312 v-8 3speed I converted it to a 5 speed drove like a dream. The new owner told me he was planning his retirement travel around the states this summer in it.

loudbang and Gammz like this.
  26. I’m still driving my old beater.
    68AC029A-CD67-4683-8D2F-232813C15FAB.jpeg

27. Just put mine back together from a restoration effort. Couple things left to do to get on the road.

New rockers, new rear quarters, rear wheel tubs, new gas tank and a bunch of patches here and there.
    Heaps of work but I can now claim "no rust".

vicky.jpg

28. Heres a pic of a 56 2dr sedan I owned. I had a big collection of 55 & 56 ford cars. I sold themto get the money so we could pay cash for the place where we now live. Even if My car hoard never made a dime it was a way of saving money. 56 ford.jpeg 56 ford.jpeg

29. Boatmark

Boatmark

I’ve always wanted to duplicate the 55’ coupe my Dad bought new.
    In 53’ he graduated from college and headed off to USAF pilot training in his new 53’ Tudor - 6 cylinder 3 speed beige stripper.
    In 55’ he was home on leave on his way to a new duty station. Took the 53’ to the dealer Friday afternoon to get a set of tires. While waiting he wandered thru the service dept and across the alley to their body shop killing time.
    Sitting under the one light left on in the shop was a new Fairlane just unloaded from a transporter and pulled inside for the weekend.

All red coupe, white/grey/salmon tri-tone interior, biggest motor option, check mark trim down the side, and all the bells and whistles of the day. He was hooked. An hour later he had traded in the beige stripper and drove the Fairlane home.

** Claims he almost didn’t ask my Mom out on a second date because she put black heel marks on his the white door panels of that Ford. The marks came off, there was a second date, and they have been together 63 years.

Outback, Gammz and loudbang like this.
  30. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Strange. Personally, I would have a '56 in a heartbeat, but '55's do nothing for me. My first wife had a '56 Victoria that was Peppermint green and black. I had a short love affair with both.

loudbang likes this.