Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. RustyDogg

RustyDogg

2. loudbang

loudbang

Don't see many wheels like that either. :)

1947knuck, Bowtie Coupe and RustyDogg like this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

The Original Stovebolt House Of Speed

original stovebolt   house of speed.JPG

Simple Simon's Pie Wagon

simple simon's pie wagon.JPG

EVL401, 1947knuck, Tom 57 150 and 9 others like this.
  4. Chuck Norton

Chuck Norton
    from Division 7

I had a set of rally wheels narrowed and chromed for my car back in the day. They were heavy even after being narrowed 3". I think that I had over $100 in those wheels. Would have been better served to have spent that money elsewhere! Rally wheels.jpg

5. WGuy

WGuy
    from Central NJ

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^Biscay Racing^^^^, a group of family/friend racers that are frequently seen at Bremerton Raceway. I believe the guy drives this 57 Wagon to the track, makes necessary changes (slicks, open headers, etc), races, then puts everything back together, and drives home. I believe he blew the rear end at one race, and that did slow him down a little getting it driveable again. It's a Bracket Racer however, and not a Junior/Stock Class car. Cool car just the same.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. Lyn Smith

Lyn Smith

loudbang likes this.
  8. Lyn Smith

Lyn Smith

Looked good though Chuck.Loved those early Vettes.A family in my home town has a all original 56.They still bring it out to a few of the local cruise nights.

loudbang likes this.
  9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Curious what width you ended up with on the front wheels Chuck.
    Many don't know this but in 67 you could get 14x5" rally wheels in two different offsets, one for Novas with disc brakes and Camaros with drum brakes. There was also a 15x5", they came on taxis with disc brakes and have heard some Canadian cars used them.
    I owned many sets of the 14" Nova version over the years but only ever had two of the 15's.

Elcohaulic and 31hotrodguy like this.
  10. old chevy luver

old chevy luver
    from sd

The rule book says have to have exhaust, but I read on here they had a weight limit of no less than 16lbs of exhaust. Didn't see that in rule book. True or false?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  11. loudbang

loudbang

Don't remember any weight for exhaust system just that you had to have them. The Ford T-Bolts had a single exhaust system just to save the weight of a dual system LOL.

12. loudbang

loudbang

13. Lyn Smith

Lyn Smith

14. Lyn Smith

Lyn Smith

Two good looking Jrs facing off for the T Stock title.

15. loudbang

loudbang

And you can see what looks like the mandatory muffler or exhaust hanging under the red one. :)

16. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

57 Fords just look so right in this shade of green!

hemidav.jpg

17. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

That's all the 64 came with even the 271 289 had single exhaust.
    And the Tbolt exhaust was just tacked to one collector it wasn't functional.

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I seem to remember some thread about that decal on the gas flap door, or maybe I just had a flash back.:oops: :D

19. Chuck Norton

Chuck Norton
    from Division 7

Well, (he said, while rocking back and taking a deep draw on his corncob pipe) that was just a couple of ticks short of 50 years ago and I can't rightly remember what we ended up with but I think that they were cut down to something between 3 and 4".

I'm positive that they were 15" rally wheels of some vintage because Firestone Drag 500 tires weren't available in a 14" configuration. Fronts and rears were made the same. The 7" 'Stones on narrowed rims with 6-8 psi occasionally provided a little excitement down track. That was about that time that the REALLY-LIGHT Fenton slot mags (that were REALLY LIGHT) when compared to a steel wheel came on the scene. By 1972 the Cragar spun aluminum "Super Tricks" hit the market and the wheel world has never been the same.

Bowtie Coupe, loudbang and Tom 57 150 like this.
  20. Deuces

Deuces

I happen to like the Chevy rally wheels.... And I'm a Ford guy...:confused::D

Elcohaulic, Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  21. FLATROCKER

FLATROCKER
    from nw ohio

My wagon was a local car here in NW Ohio owned by my friends dad . He had it since 1968

22. FLATROCKER

FLATROCKER
    from nw ohio

56sedandelivery, I have the Car Craft Ultimate Jr Stocker series Magazines and yes, the Last issue I believe has the car without the drivetrain.Stance is a big deal for me so hopefully I can achieve it. As of now since I want to enjoy this car on the street and drive it to local shows I have decided to run a 700R4 trans and a Camaro 8.5 rear with 3.73 gears. Not Jr Stocker correct but a happy medium I guess, but I already had them .

23. FLATROCKER

FLATROCKER
    from nw ohio

Thank you Tom.

loudbang and Tom 57 150 like this.
  24. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

I believe that Monti Carlos came with 15" Rally wheels ...At least that's what I have on my car .....

Elcohaulic and loudbang like this.
  25. old chevy luver

old chevy luver
    from sd

Hey guys, I appreciate the help and info. After my brother Passed, I was looking to see if people were still talking about these old drag cars and if there was any interest or information. Found this thread,posted some pics of him and car at about half the post there are now. After seeing all the JR stocker posts ,I thought this tribute car could be fun project and maybe learn a bit. Maybe sometime race a bit. Decided to go back to page one and start reading a little at night. I hope someone is saving this stuff to a flash or cd there is really interesting stuff on here and I'm not a drag race guy (at least after age14). I played around with these old small block parts when young. Like, used some power-pack heads with valve seat and bowls cut for 1.94 valves and shim gaskets on a 5000rpm 355 ,low gear only glide,dirt charger that won a championship. And some z/28 302s etc.But then dart Brodix ,late models sprint cars etc.People ,cars and stories way cooler back in the day. Thanks. Keep it up!!! To bad some pics are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. JollyGreenGiant

JollyGreenGiant

If your engine came from the factory with dual exhaust that's what you had to have. The exhaust had to be functional, connected to the collector and the tail pipe had to go at least to the rear axle. There was no weight minimum but the body of the muffler had to be a minimum of 18 inches. I believe in 1970 or 1971 all that junk was no longer required. If you need to know the exact year I'll have to check my old rule books.

27. loudbang

loudbang

Mr. Whip Paul Whipkey's E/S 1957 Chevrolet at Magnolia Drag Strip in Ohio.

Mr. Whip  Paul Whipkey's ES 1957 Chevrolet at Magnolia Drag Strip in Ohio..JPG

Mike Bowyer Gold rush

Mike bowyer gold rush xxx.JPG

28. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice...thanks for the reply.

29. Chuck Norton

Chuck Norton
    from Division 7

I know that my Corvette was not required to have any exhaust system after the header collectors in 1971.

30. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

We didnt run exhaust on our P/S back in 67