Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Need your help ....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jon W. Lundberg Sr., Feb 25, 2019.

1. Good morning! I need your help in locating one of these on display where it can be seen, hopefully complete. The vehicle in question is the 1955-56 Dodge La Femme, a Pink-liveried Coronet 2-door hardtop with ladies' personal accessories, also in Pink, as a compliment. Thanks for any leads you can provide.
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. cad-lasalle

cad-lasalle
    from grafton nh

Pretty sharp. I wonder how a car made blatantly to appeal to women would go over today.

pitman and VANDENPLAS like this.
  3. it would win an Oscar/Emmy/Tony/Grammy/S.A.G award...........wether it deserved it or not.

54vicky, King ford, The37Kid and 9 others like this.

4. upspirate

upspirate

If I'm not mistaken, those came with matching woman's accessories, purse,maybe luggage, etc

5. upspirate

upspirate

6. 53 hemi

53 hemi

So, not much help, but I saw one on display at the Chrysler museum in Detroit a couple of years ago. The museum is now closed, but they told me the cars and stuff were going into storage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Jon,
    I believe that there was one on display at the Walter P. Chrysler museum that is now closed. It had to have gone somewhere. Some of the MOPAR guys on here should know more than me.

[​IMG]
    I may be remembering this one.
    This isn't it but probably the concept car it was based on. Look at the picture in the picture.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  8. Fordors

Fordors

If a full photo feature would be helpful I recall one being in Hemmings Classic Car magazine a few years ago, sorry I don’t remember which issue.

9. And more deserving than whats on the stage today:rolleyes:.

Andamo likes this.
  10. More deserving than whats in the stage today:rolleyes:

Hnstray, tb33anda3rd and rusty valley like this.
  11. [​IMG]
    This 1956 version with striking two-tone Regal Orchid and Misty Orchid paint is owned by Milton McMillan of LaCrosse, Wisconsin.

Above was from 2014 St. John's Concours.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Somehow I have to believe that my grandmother never saw one of those when they were new or she would have had one. looking around the house (that used to belong to my grandparents) she was really in love with the pink and white in those days. Her green and white 54 Chevy 210 was too new to trade off in those days though.

13. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I know there is one less than produced as I scrapped one back in the late 90’s

14. I had a '55 back in the 60's except that it was painted tri-tone pink, white and black. Bought it for $20.00 because the owner said that it had a rod knocking, my dad and I went to look at it and as soon as it was fired up we knew that it wasn't a rod knock. Drove it home and pulled the valve cover, it was a broken push rod! It was a great little car and it had a sweet set of glass packs that would really talk to ya. Looked just like this one... 6th car - 1955 Dodge Royal.JPG

Hnstray likes this.
  15. oldolds

oldolds

Yes fitted luggage came with those cars. There was also a mans version with a Texas or western type theme if I remember correctly. I do not remember the model name. I have seen quite a few LaFemme cars over the years. Maybe a dozen. I only ever saw one or two of the Mans car.

16. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

Thanks for all the help folks! Looks like the only one that might be viewable belongs to Dr. Milton McMillan up im LaCrosse, WI. Onward and upward!

17. ken bogren

ken bogren

18. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

1957-Cadillac-Eldorado-Brougham-61154.jpg Meanwhile the Cadillac Eldorado glove box had shot glasses and cigarettes. :confused::confused:

Bob

20. There was on on Craigslist just a month so ago - not restored and in need of work

21. loudbang

loudbang

1947knuck likes this.
  22. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1954 Chrysler La Comtesse Concept

[​IMG]
    1955 Chrysler Le Femme

I stumbled onto these cars by chance,on Google looking for something else. I hope this helps