Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods STOLEN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimn3d, Feb 14, 2019.

1. jimn3d

jimn3d

52029281_2235825673106995_549138223360638976_n.jpg 51737787_2235825803106982_8426076414222008320_n.jpg A Beautiful 1955 Chevy was stolen feb 12. I am posting for a facebook friend.
    We Fricken hate THIEVES.
    Someone broke into our property on HWY 101 and STOLE our 1955 Chevy.
    It happened Tuesday night 2/12/2019
    Lane County Sheriff's is investigating
    Florence, Oregon

Please share.
    My # is 541 999 1927

THANK!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Ranchero59 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. pigfluxer

pigfluxer

Man, I hope y’all get it back.

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Yes that sucks that people cannot keep their dang hands off of what is not theirs .

4. Car thieving should be treated the same as a horse thief. A HANGING OFFENSE! Then maybe the thieves would thing twice about what someone else worked hard to get money to pay for.

5. Shared on my FaceBook page.

6. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Has been lots of this going on around here also. Hope it gets found! Shared......

7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Man, I hate to to see/read/find out about this sort of thing. Was it sitting in that pole building with the 57 Chevrolet? I try and make it as difficult as I can for anyone to gain access to my stuff. My shop/garage is in my back yard, behind TWO separate, chain link, locked gates, inside of my always locked garage, with an alarm system, and I make a mental note of every theft I hear about so I can plan extra security. I already have my still uncompleted car trailer locked to an imbedded chain in the ground, and have a manhole cover to chain to the axles when it's parked away from home; the idea being the manhole cover will make some serious noise if the trailer is towed. I have some other security devices also that I won't make mention of. I just try and make it as hard as I possibly can to help deter theft, but if they really want your stuff, they're going to find a way to at least make an attempt. Hope you recover your 55 Chevrolet.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

belair, Bam.inc, czuch and 3 others like this.
  8. A Boner

A Boner

Car theft is car theft, not using a vehicle without the owners consent......especially when the car ends up a ball of sheetmetal in someone's front yard. Next they will start calling rape, using a vagina without the owners consent. Things were better when they used to hang horse thieves.....should do the same for car thieves too.

9. catdad49

catdad49

Hope You find them First!

10. Thieves, I really don’t like thieves. When they’re found, I say when they’re found they should be punished for their actions (shot that is, buried in an unknown grave, under ground that is)

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

czuch and Alaska Jim like this.
  11. Shared on the AACA site, too.

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I would LOVE for you (or the good sheriff) to catch these azzholes.

Better yet, I'd love to catch them. (had many things stolen from me, so I take it personal.)
    I have some stories (as usual!) from my shop, my Grandma's home base and some thieves.

chryslerfan55 and czuch like this.
  13. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

i live in lane county, ill keep an eye out

14. jimn3d

jimn3d

Thank you all! I added a picture with the license plate.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  15. slowmotion

slowmotion

Bastages. The only people who don't hate thieves, is thieves. I take precautions similar to Butch. Plus, I got a bitch Boxer that'd make a Honey Badger blush. She's the first thing out the door if things go 'bump in the night'.
    Hope the '55 is recovered and the scum caught.

16. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

i need the plate number, someone responded to my facebook post that they saw one just like that in aumsville this morning edit, nevermind, saw your edit

17. Heres hoping you find their dead bodies next to the car.

6inarow and 50 customcoupe like this.
  18. A Boner

A Boner

19. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

Seems to me that a car like that would be hard to hide. Even the parts. Maybe headed out of the country?

20. Oh man! That's a pretty belair. I REALLY hate thieves. My Model A pickup was also stolen from Oregon back in '05-early '06 and never recovered....yet. I still have hope. I'm a long way from you but I drive I-80 a lot and I'll keep an eye out for you... rockysabone.jpg

21. Latigo

Latigo

Bad deal. I’m just south of Bend Oregon. I’ll be watching.

22. toml24

toml24

Lojack. Best $995 ever spent on a car. 90% recovery. Lower insurance rates 7-10% yearly. I'm very sorry for the loss. I hope law enforcement uses all the assets available to locate the car.

23. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

im seriously hoping the one spotted in aumsville was it! how many 55 chebbys in those colors in oregon are there? the cops in aumsville are paying close attention now

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That car was stolen out of Florence Oregon on the Oregon coast. This time of year when the fisherman and tourists aren't around you can pretty well spot anyone that doesn't belong and if the car was driven away at any hour someone in town would have spotted it. Doubtful it is a local tweaker unless they had it sold before they stole it. Fair chance that who ever stole it knew the owner's movements reasonably well and knew exactly where the car sat. Also a good chance it was stuffed in a trailer real close to where it was stolen if that trailer that the photos show it in wasn't stolen with it. Florence is on the coast just below the Pacific ocean label and a lot of two lane road from anywhere. 2019-02-15.png

25. I had a car stolen from me back in 1963, and although I was lucky enough to get it back, it had been over revved and screwed the top end. I guess I was lucky that a piston and rod didn't make a window in the block. I still get angry thinking about it.
    I hope someone, or the cops, catch the assholes before they get a chance to wreck or chop the car.
    Bob

26. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

really sucks, hope for the best. how about asking around the coast, if you close to any shippers? sure you have already throught about this. dam it makes you want to get somebody by the throat.

27. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A little background for you: in order to prove a charge of auto theft one needs to prove that someone stole the vehicle. The fact that someone is driving around in it does not prove that the person actually committed the theft.

The standard response from a person driving and/or in possession of a stolen car when asked where he got it is that he got it from "some dude". Right away there is reasonable doubt and the case is junk. On the other hand it is simple to prove that someone was using a vehicle without the owner's consent. Same penalty as auto theft in most states and is easier to prove. It's a better deal for all..........except the thief.

28. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Could you give some details about the car? Engine, trans, modifications if any. I was looking at a “ for sale” site and saw a car like yours, but different wheels. But that would be easy to change. It was on the other coast, probably not your car, but when I saw it, it just jumped out at me! Details may help.

Bones

29. sololobo

sololobo

good luck, posted on my face book page

30. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

S
    S
    S...