Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects WHAT THE HELL DID I DO WITH THAT DAMN PART?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 11, 2019.

1. redo32

redo32

It's a nice feeling to share so much in common with this community.

2. There is a place somewhere in the universe where all this stuff lost goes. But no one can find it.:mad:

3. good thread and stories. enjoy reading these posts, but now I cant find my beer.:eek:

4. They say the first thing to go is memory... I forget what the second is.... LOL

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Lost glasses only to find them on top of your head? That's easy. I've lost them on my nose.o_O

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Only Half a Day...o_O...:D...That's Not Even Lost...:p

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  7. Been there myself. We now have a bowl in the kitchen cabinet for all my keys. Unfortunately the bottom of the bowl is now filled with keys that I have no idea what they fit.

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I went back into this restaurant I ate at and went back to the table I was at and the Waitress asked what I was looking for and I said "My Sunglasses" and she said "They are on your head"...Man I felt Like an Ass...:p...I'll never forget that...and she did have a smirk on her face...Quite Justified at that...;)

9. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Whatever you are lookiing they will be in the last place you look.

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know what you're talking about.
    No...seriously...can someone please tell me what we're talking about?
    Oh yeah...I remember...
    Danny can't open his hood.
    Wait...uhhhhhh..........uhhhhhh........

11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or where you left it...:D

Hey HRP check your pockets?...:D

12. jim snow

jim snow

Happens around here all the time. Very frustrating. Snowman

13. lake_harley

lake_harley

I heard speculation that you get it all back when you get to heaven.

Lynn

14. TWKundrat

TWKundrat

Lost the chuck key to one of the lathes at my old job for half the day. Found the damn thing in the refrigerator at lunch time. I can't figure out for the life of me how it ended up in there. I was the only one in the shop that morning too.

I guess C.R.S. disease gets the best of us from time to time. Hell, I ain't even old yet!

15. Right plane , wrong airport. HRP

Bruce Fischer and catdad49 like this.
  16. Rich S.

Rich S.

17. phoneman

phoneman
    from Missouri

My cousin is a real life CSI and has his own lab. He was showing me how he may look at a paint chip under a microscope and shave off layers with a razor Blade. First think I ask him was how he kept from loosing the evidence. I told him I routinely misplace bolt and sockets, and recently a 1 inch combination wrench.

18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Were you trying to undo the chuck with a Hotdog...What was your first clue...:D

19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............

catdad49 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. Slopok

Slopok

If you can at least remember what it is that you can't find then it aint all that bad!o_O

21. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

All I know is that the older I get, the more often it happens!
    KK

22. Right plane being there was a post, wrong airport meaning it ain't this thread. HRP

23. Latigo

Latigo

I used to blame my boys for not putting tools back when they used them. The boys moved out years ago and the tools still go missing. Go figure.

24. junkman8888

junkman8888

Whenever I work on something I put the tools I'm using to do the job and any hardware involved in one of those plastic oil drain pans, keeps the mayhem to a minimum.

catdad49 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. gene-koning

gene-koning

I just figure its a normal day working on my stuff. 2 hours actually working, and 6 hours looking for something I sat down someplace. It may even be the same item several times in the same day...
    I have 3 sets of welding gloves on top of my welder, nearly every time I need to weld something I have to look for a pair of welding gloves because all 3 pair are some where else.

Lately, I seem to loose a lot of stuff when I'm working under something on my back. I might be putting a nut onto a bolt and drop the nut. I can hear it hit the floor by my ear, but do you think I can find it? NO! Even after getting up and searching the entire area, that stupid nut (or what ever) can't be seen. After I give up and get another nut (or whatever) and get the ride out of the way to clean up, sometimes I still can't find what I dropped, or its several feet away from where I was working.

Work on cars they said, it will be fun! It used to be a lot more fun then it is now. Gene

26. piker

piker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They say it is always in the last place that you look. I always look a couple more for good measure,then put it in that special place where I know where it is. Then I cant remember where that special place is.

27. manyolcars

manyolcars

My best friend and I were standing at the workbench when I set something down and neither of us could find it. And our feet had not moved, so it had to be within arms reach!

28. Rickybop, I like your sig. Going shopping for n old tin cup.

Ben

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. rtp

rtp

Was on my cell talking to a buddy went to look something up on my phone ,looked for my phone for 5 minutes ,told him I couldn't find my phone to look up what we were talking about. He asked me how was I talking to him. ...

Sent from my VS987 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. Exactly what happen with me! HRP