Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features A Folder from Bob

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Feb 1, 2019.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

A Folder from Bob

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    catdad49, Tim, olscrounger and 3 others like this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

Wow, those are neat pics. Many of them bring back some memories.

The dark A roadster with the blue wires is probably the same car I remember seeing at the Nationals in Louisville in the early 90's. Can't be too many highboy A roadsters with Centerdoor T door handles. I remember it was painted a candy brandywine in Louisville though, and the owner was an older dude (I was in my 20's so most everyone was an older dude), who was rather interesting to talk to. Must have been, if I can still remember something like that almost 30 years later.

The pics of the A Delivery are classic. I sure hope that resto-rod style comes back in a big way. Gotta love rare accessories and hard to find parts like the AR bumpers. A guy could probably find Motometer wings cheap, but those tires might be a little expensive now.

Phillips likes this.
  3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Thank you for providing some insight into Bob's background. Very impressive, to say the least. I met Bob and Linda at their booth in Springfield, MO at the NSRA meet several years ago and have bought some of their excellent wiper units over the years.

Once I had occasion to visit their business location and was asking about the adaptability of a unit to another vehicle. Bob graciously took me out to his trailer of display cowls so we could get some real insight into dimensions, angles and contours etc. and loaned me some bezels for trial fits to my project. He was clearly knowledgeable, with a modest demeanor, but more importantly, he was genuinely interested is helping me out.

The quality and engineering of the wiper kits he and Linda market is first rate. I have installed a few and they fit perfectly.

Woogeroo likes this.
  4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the 70's was a good time for Hot Rods. I was 10 in 1970 so the 70's style were my formative years. glad I did not grow up in the pastel and tweed days which came later.

stillrunners likes this.

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I first met Bob when we were close together with our display booths at Louisville. We started talking and I found Bob to be a very interesting person. His knowledge was enormous. We talk at least once a week and have exchanged parts and photos over the years. While my library is small his must be beyond belief? He's a great contribution to our Hot Rod world.

6. ratrodrodder

ratrodrodder
    from Boston

Great photos, and a reminder that being a decent person pays off in many ways! Thanks for the post!

stillrunners likes this.
  7. redo32

redo32

[​IMG]

My favorite too! Of course I'm biased. Built in my home town and painted by my buddy John Osburn over forty years ago. It was in Portland, but I haven't seen it in a couple of decades. Floyd also has a world class collection flathead manifolds.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

I remember that '29 Sedan Delivery in the magazines, very nice looking car. The Roadster with the Dayton dirt track Sprint Car wires is nice too. Bob

9. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

Neat pics ! Wow that midget!

10. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful. Thanks Joey (and Bob)! That RPU rings my bell.

11. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

looks like Bob knew way back,nice,thanks Bob

12. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

As a kid of the 70's I too have great memories of the cars from that time. Thanks for sharing.
    IIRC the 29 roadster with the centerdoor handles was from Arkansas.

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  13. bct

bct

J.Ukrop likes this.
  14. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Erh, what year is it again?! ;)

Nice catch. Thanks!

15. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Floyd's delivery had a Portland built, Parham quick change, cool car !

16. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I believe that may be Jake’s pal Johnny Sietz 29 on spokes. He had moved to Arkansas back then, think he was originally a Early Times member from Long Beach?????

17. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I believe the partial build of that car was featured in an issue of Rod and Custom?

18. Garpo

Garpo

That midget just looks so right.
    Garpo