Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 Chevrolet Panel Truck

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Robert Benner, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Robert Benner

Robert Benner

Five of us became home brewers and I wanted a panel truck to pose as our "brew truck". I found this panel truck, in parts, at a local junkyard. The owner kept it in a special place planning to build something himself but never got to it. The sheetmetal was disassembled and kept in a container out of the weather and was in excellent shape. The frame was in the weather, had a small block Chevy mounted and rusted solid. It is now 90% complete, licensed and driven. I'd like to post some photos as I went along. I find I get good information from other experienced builders. I have built a '60 Jeep pickup and a '32 Ford roadster, so have some experience.

Attached Files:

2. looking forward to seeing the transformation.

mgtstumpy likes this.
  3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Likewise, we love pictures and lots of them:D

4. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Gotta watch this, I really like panel trucks.

5. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

6. raymay

raymay

Love those 37's. I have had a few including a primered panel truck I built and our Family enjoyed in the 80's. Sold it to a Maxwell House coffee distributer and then he let it sit for several years. Another local guy and now a friend bought it and once again brought it back to life. It is great seeing it at shows and cruise nights.
    Good luck with your build. It should be a great addition to showcase your business.

scan0005.jpg 0621161819.jpg 0621161706.jpg 0621161817.jpg

kidcampbell71, TagMan, RMR&C and 6 others like this.
  7. I love to see old trucks and panels lettered for some business either fictional or real. Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup is lettered as a shop truck for Drake Motor Co., the local Ford dealer from 1928-1956. Phone 13, actual phone number back in the day

8. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I have pondered on what I should do with my 1937 Plymouth Panel...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Robert Benner

Robert Benner

I may need some help getting photos added. I posted some a few days ago and they don't seem to have come across. Would one of you please walk me through the steps to add photos and comments?

King ford likes this.
  10. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Ambitious project!...you have previous metal working experience?...hope you get her done , looking forward to watching!

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Would love to have a panel instead of my p/u so I can move the seat back a little more,small cabs in the trucks.

Hombre likes this.
  12. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

We have always liked sedan deliveries and panel trucks. Sorry you are having problems with uploading photos. We have all had problems with uploading photos to the HAMB. Here is one thing I have noticed. If you are trying to upload photos for a thread post from a phone or tablet, people have run into some kind of difficulty from those two devices. So, make sure they are loaded on your home computer hard drive or laptop hard drive. That is a good safe place.

It will depend on your photos being saved onto your computer files as “jpegs.” If all of your photos are in a folder and saved, that is step one.
    upload_2019-1-27_18-10-43.png I borrowed this photo from Raymay’s post. Saved it to my own files as a JPEG. Then copied it and posted in the HAMB reply box. (the bottom info was just to show you how your photo is labeled)
    upload_2019-1-27_18-11-29.png
    2. Now, you can start typing in any comment or directions inside the box. Click and open your 1st JPEG photo. Copy and paste on the REPLY section of the Thread. Make sure there is a bottom info tab that says upload… that verifies that your photo has passed the HAMB loading rules and is ok for the post.

NOTE:
    3. If you have a Word Document handy on your home computer or laptop, then do the copy, pasting, and writing on Word, first. You can edit/make simple paragraphs for each idea or photo. It makes it easier to finish/edit than on the HAMB window. Once the whole post is finished…then start copy and pasting your photo first, copy and paste the writing next. If there are more photos and information steps, once you hit reply, it should go right to the thread. If there is a drastic error, then delete the HAMB post. But, you still have the original writings and photos on your Word Document on your computer.

Hopefully, the simple way to post anything according to the HAMB rules is to edit first. Then resize your photos on the Word Document to fit the HAMB window. This makes sure the photos are not so large as they reach the blurry effect. (paste, look to see if the photo fits, if not delete the photo) There is nothing worse than a blurry photo or a photo that is too large. Crop out the surrounding stuff and make the “work on the panel truck,” the center of focus.

Jnaki

There is no hurry, since we are all waiting for your photos. So, edit first, make sure they fit your idea and match the photo. Then post one short section at a time, as your time allows. Hope this info helps you… It took me many errors and rewrites since I first started here on the HAMB. The key is to save your photos as JPEGS, first, on your home computer or laptop. I tried a phone HAMB post and a tablet HAMB post and it is not worth the effort for me. (plus, the size of those devices are too small to be happy with the results or ongoing typing.)

Let me know if you need any more help. Looking forward to the photographs and stories...

13. Robert Benner

Robert Benner

upload_2019-1-27_21-14-38.jpeg upload_2019-1-27_21-15-57.jpeg upload_2019-1-27_21-16-25.jpeg upload_2019-1-27_21-17-1.jpeg upload_2019-1-27_21-17-33.jpeg upload_2019-1-27_21-17-56.jpeg upload_2019-1-27_21-18-26.jpeg upload_2019-1-27_21-15-5.jpeg

Attached Files:

craig b blue and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. Robert Benner

Robert Benner

I added some photos by copying and pasting. It looks to me like they filled the reply box and I can't find a place to put the cursor or to add comments on the photos. I am working on a MacBook Pro and the files are jpegs. Thanks for the help with adding photos... now what do I do to add text? The upload a file box confuses me as it cuts to a screen that shows a few files in a list and I'm not sure it they are the same files as the photos. Did anyone see the next photos?

craig b blue likes this.
  15. Hombre

Hombre

Robert, I would really like to see how this build came out, I am sorry to say that probably will not happen. The HAMB is a traditional Hot Rod site, and that front suspension does not and will never fit in here on the HAMB. To save this thread you need to go back and delete the pictures of that modification, and in future post just don't post the parts of the car that are not traditional.

It also would be wise to take a look at the guidelines on the main page, they are simple and straight forward and need to be taken to heart.

warhorseracing and chopped like this.
  16. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

craig b blue likes this.
  17. Robert Benner

Robert Benner

You mean this (end result) doesn't qualify? Just wanted to share how I got here.
    upload_2019-1-28_15-40-56.jpeg

kidcampbell71 and craig b blue like this.
  18. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

craig b blue likes this.
  19. Yes Sir the end result does but not the suspension mods. You either need to read the rules and go back and delete the pictures of the front and rear suspensions or the Moderators may delete the entire thread. Nice end result but you have to learn to not show some stuff here.

20. Robert Benner

Robert Benner

I've had quite enough of this. Cars are about your passion for them. Adios.

b-bop and craig b blue like this.
  21. But this site is about a certain era of hot rods and customs, as said nice work, certain parts don’t fit here, stick around and you will find a wealth of knowledge here.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

22. I just realized that this got moved to the antiquated forum so no worries post away!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

23. Sorry to see you go but all the members of the Hamb adhere to the rules, nothing personal. HRP

1. If in doubt, don't post it.

2. Stay on-topic and relevant with your posts; OT posts aren't generally appreciated by our membership.

3. Gotta easy question? Try using the search function first.

4. While we don't require "introductions," some members do appreciate them so it might be a good idea for you to do one here. Just introduce yourself and let folks know what you are all about.

5. As mentioned throughout these guidelines, the H.A.M.B. focuses on TRADITIONAL hot rods and customs. Posts pertaining to traditionally inspired, but not quite period perfect belong on the main forum found here. Please note that we don't focus on things such as modern fuel injected motors, big-inch wheels, frame clips, after market independent suspensions, etc... at all on the H.A.M.B.. As such, posts that stray away from the "traditional inspired" will be deleted.

6. Posts about period correct hot rods should go here.

7. Posts about period correct customs should go here.

I didn't make the rules and I don't enforce them but you do have a cool panel truck, I would suggest deleting the front suspension photos since they are deemed OFF TOPIC. HRP

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Okie Pete likes this.