Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Gary is not a moderator. He has no say on what gets deleted and what doesn't. ZERO.

I make those decisions... In fact, I've started to close accounts today. Just too many people seem to be interested in talking shit or posting off topic stuff and I'm growing tired of moderating the same folks over and over.

Looks fellas.. it's not hard to follow the rules of the forum. It's super easy actually. And continually breaking them, being an internet tough guy, and all that stupid shit is pretty damned disrespectful.

2. Interesting story.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Early Hot Rodders - Smock Prairie, near Wamic, OR
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. rudestude

rudestude

First off I am sorry for bring this up here and now....but....now that some officiating is being brought up I have problem with something that seems to happen mostly on this thread....this is a question more than a complaint...anyways the problem is that when viewing this thread there is alot of good stuff on it and I enjoy posting and viewing but there are some posters that get on here and just go crazy with there posts, like you win something for the most posts per hour or something , and my one or two posts and others get so far buried in them baby rabbit method posting that I find it difficult to ketch up and be currant and one of the posting party's that practice this method of posting I can't even view because for some reason they come across my device as being a big red X and I have asked several times ,even messaging the person directly, how to fix this problem I don't now if it's something that is wrong on my end or what but to date I have not got any response from anyone so I just move on and view and post in other threads hoping that the big red X doesn't start up there.....once again I am sorry for doing this ... I just want to keep enjoying the H.A.M.B. and one day hope to be someone that is actually a , I guess a member, part of this and not just on for a free ride....how to change that ? I do not know.....so till then I will just ride along on one of the best rides that I have ever experienced while trying to operate and understand these things called computers and Internet net......and I have been involved in and with hot rods and some customs too for close to 45+ years and have just recently been trying to understand the web thing and have made it to the H.A.M.B. site, hell thats as far as need to go.......so hopefully things get cleaned up and moved along....sorry...and Thank You..
    Terry (aka Rudestude)

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

BigO, Gary Reynolds and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. blueprint2002

blueprint2002

Well, full marks to Scotty for putting his money where his mouth was. You only know it won't work after you've tried. Thanks for the history, Gary.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is a great thread, I try to follow along but some days it moves too quickly with so many posts. Last year just by chance three photos were posted of a race car that I thought was long lost, just got to see those photos but luck, not a daily scroll. Bob

7. blueprint2002

blueprint2002

Cisitalia D46, but where is this?
    Completely sideways, full opposite lock, and cigarette between his lips!

8. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

The red x problem is most commonly related to your browser being unable to view certain types of image files such as .png's. Everyone is running so many different hardware, Apple vs. PC, operating systems, Windows Vista vs Windows 10, browsers, Firefox vs. Internet Explorer, Chrome etc. that other likely causes are hard to speculate without knowing a lot more information. Try checking to be sure you are running the latest image viewing software updates. The red x issue is not a problem with the posts or the HAMB. Good luck.

9. Im guessing on Fenn building it, dont know for sure.
    Trouble was Fenn never would admit he was wrong, he never , to my knowledge backed off on very very short wheelbases. He, like Joko, Von Dutch were very stubborn, ended up....a little off. And bitter.
    Yep, he did do a lot for racing though.
    As always, I could have the wrong car. Surely somebody here remembers.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Looks like Tazio Nuvolari, great shot. Bob

82978ad686a2cb14da9ec8babb1e1fcf.jpg

BigO, Bleach, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  11. Lol
    What do I know?
    Didnt make a connection.I post pics, try to be accurate and correct, do know something about drag racing, but I surely am not an expert on anything!

Bob Spindler, BigO and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. swi66

swi66

13. swi66

swi66

14. JD Miller

JD Miller

15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Same happens to me. Not complaining, happy that those who post bother to. There may be a way to 'view posts since last visit' that picks up on the page you last saw, seems like I've seen that somewhere. If anyone knows how please let us know.

16. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

HEMIDAV and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Some member are still determined to "educate" us as to New Zealand, Australian and European cars.
    Personally, I think it's boring as hell, don't care and has NOTHING to do with the HAMB, but it's Ryans call and he seems to be OK with it.
    I don't really care about Grand Prix and most road racers, I DO LIKE good old AMERICAN iron and AMERICAN style drags and LSR HOT RODS. To each his own, but I don't care for this on the HAMB. We seem to be in reverse, with mostly reposts ( I think guys are actually reposting FROM the thread), and"eye pokers", not much HOT ROD related.
    Some guys think their repeated remarks on everything are just endlessly entertaining, I don't find that so. It's about posting pictures.
    I swear that the next tome that pic of Marilyn Monroe in a swimsuit next to the Olds shows up I'll throw my computer out the window!
    But I just seem to anger guys. My two cents.
    THIS GENTS, is a hot rod.

PLEASE, IF YOU WANT TO DISCUS, SEND ME A PM, don't further clog up the thread!

View attachment 4170755 [/QUOTE]
    I couldn't agree more Gary. If I see the term " eye pokers" one more time I'm gonna puke. I know that as long as this thread is there are going to be repeat post. But damn do we have to repost pics from just a couple pages back.
    Gregg

18. Mike

Mike

19. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

20. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Spo 1 lot.jpg t the Studie time...

21. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

22. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

23. Deuces

Deuces

My cell phone does that... It picks up where I last left off... It jumps to the very next post every time I log back on..... :)

HEMIDAV and loudbang like this.
  24. Scott De Shields

Scott De Shields

I used to have that same tractor, my brother had the same fire engine. That was a great Christmas

HEMIDAV, Bleach, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  25. jeepsterhemi

jeepsterhemi

26. jeepsterhemi

jeepsterhemi

27. jeepsterhemi

jeepsterhemi

28. jeepsterhemi

jeepsterhemi

29. jeepsterhemi

jeepsterhemi

30. jeepsterhemi

jeepsterhemi