Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Save of the day!!(single seater)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty rocket, Mar 14, 2017.

1. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I bought an O.D. Green tarp awhile ago so i could use it as seat custion material. I had a gal sew up a cushion so now it really has an old aircraft vibe. image.jpg

2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Had a present on the doorstep when I got home today from work. image.jpg Rear tires. These should get some good bite.;)

3. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Taking a poll here. Slash cut or straight on the exhaust pipe? Three of my buddies like the slash. image.jpg image.jpg I dig it either way but am leaning towards the slash.

4. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

My vote is for the slash cut.

Atwater Mike, Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. atch

atch

slash...

Atwater Mike, Stogy and Gotgas like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X3...:rolleyes:...I mean X4 for slash...and those tires are really cool...

7. Definitely slash, it ads a little more character!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy likes this.
  8. slash it....then it looks like it is finished and not appearing as a forgotten item imho

Stogy likes this.
  9. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Slash it is. I was leaning that way pretty hard anyways. It will be cut tonight after work.

10. Slash! I wish they made those knobbies in 17” still. I really want some for mine!

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

There so ugly there kool!!!
    This is a junk yard dawg build so I figured a guy back in the day would have found a set of snow tires for cheap and got some good traction at the track.

cactus1 and Stogy like this.
  12. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Got a coat of paint on my front wheels after work this afternoon image.jpg image.jpg

brEad, brad2v, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  13. All day long.

brad2v and Stogy like this.
  14. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Making a bit of progress . All the wide five drums have new bearings and seals and are put on the axles. I had to move the track nose ahead about a half inch for radiator fan clearence and I have the manifold and exhaust pipe back on. image.jpg

15. raven

raven

I did the same thing for seat cushions in my roadster.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. close to color choice...watcha thinking?

17. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Yes and no. When I built my sedan I painted it Indian motorcycle Navajo blue. On this one I decided that I would keep with the Indian theme and paint it Indian red which is a dark red almost maroon. The wheels are Indian motorcycle Fallon brown. So that is the yes part the no part is I have been doing a lot of research on brush/roller painting Rustoleum. It sounds like quite a chore but with a lot of elbow grease,color sanding and time a guy can get a finish that would be perfect for this car. With the Rustoleum I don't think you can tint it so I would have to but several cans of color and mix to the desired color that looks like the Indian red. I did buy a half pint of rustoleum regal red and it was a nice deep red color so that might be the color. I will have to paint a panel and see if I like it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    brad2v, BigO and Shadow Creek like this.
  18. Can't you spray Rustoleum? Saw a track T that was painted in a forest green using Rustoleum and it looked great. Was a western build not from the right coast. Given what paint cost today I think you are heading in the right direction.

19. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Yes you can spray it but the brush method really intrigues me. We will see though. I think I will get it running and then tear it down and paint it.

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a thread years ago on brush painting a A Roadster and it was the color of your wheels sorta and it looked fantastic...if I find it I will post the link.

21. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

There is quite a bit on you tube. Brushing,rolling, spraying, mixing, hardener no hardener. Shoot a guy could probably perform brain surgery after watching a you tube video!o_O

brEad, brad2v and Stogy like this.
  22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

brad2v likes this.
  23. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

24. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Built a hood top this afternoon. Lots of tweaking to do yet. I cut everything and then had by buddy brake the edges since my brake is a piece of shit. image.jpg

25. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Did some notching around the carb. This sucker really sticks outa the hood!! image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Dusty-NZ, cactus1, brEad and 8 others like this.
  26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Mmmmm...mmmmm good...;)

Funny in a weird coincidence the drill press...Oh its actually the Mill Head kinda resembles the Carb and AirBreather

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Tim likes this.
  27. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Made a stainless piece go around the carb and give the hood a bit of strength. Made it the same width as the grill insert so the two parts match each other. image.jpg image.jpg

28. sodakmini

sodakmini

29. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I have a buddy that works at a driveline shop building me one but the prick will not deliver it to me!;)

chryslerfan55, brEad and sodakmini like this.