Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 34 Ford coupe nicknamed "Blown Income"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by GTO_MUSCLE_SS, Nov 23, 2017.

1. 3blapcam

3blapcam

It's been a few weeks... is this car a running driving '33 now or what?! ;):D

3blap.

2. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

Well the pain and sorrow continues. The guy must have revved the 392 to the moon and back. Tookthe motor to Herm Petersen and we tore it down. The bottom end is toast. Spun a main bearing. Fried the rod bearings. Wiped out a cam bearing that hopefully the cam is fine. Spun in bad enough to blue the entire block in the center main. Not good. So I’m looking at some 392 block and cranks to replace and keep going
    64F4197C-30A0-4CFE-A81C-4D7E4DEBDA0C.jpeg 53D4AF5C-9641-470C-8444-136C9FC2125C.jpeg A8BE8FAF-82C2-4CE2-B6C6-B513FF114E27.jpeg E698E87A-9D4C-4C58-A45E-D1FB8C9B6918.jpeg EFB07EFA-5706-4665-A8F9-1F608AA31E21.jpeg

loudbang likes this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drive it like you stole it, right! Must be where the expression came from. Sorry for your misery! I do hope better things await you and your car.

loudbang likes this.
  4. catdad49

catdad49

Wow, hard to put a "like" on a post like that! Hope things turn around for you, it'll be deserved after all you been through.

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  5. Had any luck finding a 92 block?

loudbang likes this.
  6. Hombre

Hombre

Man o Man this is the worst damn news we all could have heard, when will it all stop is what you must be wondering. Good luck in your search for a block...

loudbang likes this.
  7. Flogknaw

Flogknaw
    from Texas

Wow, screw that guy that is super un cool

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  8. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

I found a motor 15 hours away. Have to take off later this week and check it out. Took the title and release of interest down to my DOL and I couldn’t even get it transferred since I don’t have the death certificate from the guys mom. Had to message that asshole and 4 days later he texted me back saying he should be able to get it this week

loudbang and Bandit Billy like this.
  9. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

maybe its just me but a 34 doesnt look right without being bkack with flames and california kid on the door

rpm56 likes this.
  10. furyus

furyus
    from Virginia

Have you read any of this thread?

11. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

i just did.... on page 8, stomachs tied in knots, honestly dont even know what to say other than damn..... dude who reported it stolen is a piece of work....california staties screwed the pooch wigh their high class detective work....just wow

12. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

on the upside...paint california kid on the door of that 33 and its what i was talking about before reading the horror story

13. Maybe the pictures minimize the damage, but that block looks savable from here. Your perseverance is amazing with this car. Most would have cut there losses or done something stupid by now.

loudbang likes this.
  14. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

Well thanks to member Glen Rogers on here I have another 392. Left at 4am yesterday and just made it to Reno and back home at 4:32pm today with 3 hours rest. Weathered a snow storm and 4 states but I’m back. I dropped off the block and crank at Walt Austin Racing. Should be machined and ready for assembly by the end of the month. Took a few pics while in his shop. Awesome place...
    960BB3C4-0FAE-4CA7-A6B6-A9400F091440.png 8EBEF700-DA0A-4846-AF3E-6933589AB665.jpeg 243D058C-37F9-4A46-A9E6-B32D9C5F87CB.jpeg 14AB979D-284C-4F07-94CF-97CC14B30573.jpeg D13C3EDD-85D5-4871-A6E4-91608CD5489B.jpeg

15. catdad49

catdad49

Always Forward, Love your Attitude! There's some pretty Wild stuff there.

16. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

You're not letting life get you down! Lesser men would have thrown in the towel under the circumstances you have weathered. Good on ya!

loudbang, GTO_MUSCLE_SS and Stogy like this.
  17. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

The block was blued pretty bad and no real way to fix the main without serious welding and machine work. Not worth it. The new block is a high nickel block so it should be better off anyhow.

18. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I've gotta ask after reading the thread, Did Ron grab the reg/title out of the stored car, putting in said frame... Or was it really his car at sometime? Insane ordeal..

loudbang likes this.
  19. -Brent-

-Brent-

Holey hell, wtf? I was not expecting you to have to pay for the car twice. If you'll humor me, I'm going to write this out to see if I understand it correctly.

1) you buy the car (probably paying a pretty penny)
    2) you put a lot of time and money into the car and have it nearly finished
    3) you take it to be titled and this is where you lose the car
    4) it was claimed to be stolen (when?)
    5) it goes to impound then released (?) but you're assuming it goes to Cali to be held until this is all figured out
    -how do you find out a new person has it?
    6) new guy (confused where they come in the picture?) gets what it's now worth, NOT what it was worth prior to you... because of YOUR WORK and PARTS? And he still wants to hold the title???
    7)The guy wants to have fun with his new toy that some guy built for him, for free, and he winds it up and wrecking your motor, which did not come with the car...
    8) You pay and he says he'll help you get your original purchase money back
    9) you go to get the title in your name and you still can't because it seems like it's nobody's to sell but mom's and she's dead?
    10) somehow you either have the patience and intestinal fortitude of a kung-fu master/munk/saint or you're holding in rage like a nuke...
    11) still you now have the car and nobody can take it from you now? Correct?

How much more did this car cost you than if you started with ANY other?

Is this close?

Glad you got back but, damn, somehow I'm mad for you!

Surfcityrocker and loudbang like this.
  20. TWKundrat

TWKundrat

The name of the car sure turned out to be appropriate! What a shit show. I sure hope things go smoothly on this project from the here on out. Like everyone else, I'm impressed at how well you're handling all the bullshit. Looking forward to seeing the finished product in the end.

loudbang, Stogy and GTO_MUSCLE_SS like this.
  21. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Want to sell that intake and carbs that came on your new engine? :)

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  22. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

The car was in his moms name. The people that sold it in 2013 said their grandpa bought it back in the 60’s. I think Ron just drove his moms car around thinking he was cool until she took it away like a T-Bird in a certain oldies song

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    loudbang, Stogy and Hollywood-East like this.
  23. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

to answer you Brent.
    I bought the car in 2014 for $24,500
    In building it I found registrations from 60-61-63. Searched all those people who came up no longer living
    I had $75ish thousand into it when I took it to the state Patrol and they took it.
    It was claimed stolen in 1997. 3 years after last owner had passed. The son claimed it and that’s who they gave it to because he had the title from 61 in his moms name.
    He doesn’t answer his phone over 100 times to talk to me so I could tell him the oiling issue I had and fries the motor. All while being an asshole.
    He probably was trying to sell it and no one wanted it with a bad motor so he called me and I’m dumb enough to pay again because of all MY parts.
    I can’t title it without a death certificate which he did finally text back since I know he doesn’t answer calls and said he’s send me a copy.
    But yes. I have the car. A release of interest on it from the last surviving inheritor and I have the last title on the car from 1961. Plus it’s well documented now by both Washington and California police so it’s MINE

24. 56shoebox

56shoebox

But you still need the death certificate to title it in your name, correct?

I just read this entire thread and somewhere along the line some posts must have been deleted. I've noticed this in other threads that span years. Has anyone else noticed this?

25. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

yeah the decision to switch bodies disappeared somewhere i think

loudbang likes this.
  26. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

The decision to switch bodies I deleted. It was a sentimental decision when my dad and I were having dinner and going through videos on my moms old phone trying to figure out why so much space was used and we saw a video of the car when my dad and I were getting the car ready for the exhaust shop and my mom was taping and she started talking. And that then was when the decision to keep the car was. First time we had heard her voice since she passed.

mad mikey, catdad49, Joemama and 10 others like this.
  27. mkebaird

mkebaird

Good on you for persevering, makes me realize how lucky I've been getting titles for 3 different vehicles, including my avatar.

I'm sure you'll be driving the wheels off soon.

loudbang likes this.
  28. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

Well today was a mixed emotions day. I dropped the body back on the frame to take to state patrol. Took it in there and the same Officer gal looked it over and this time gave me paperwork to run registration. Well I took the paperwork to the DOL and the license and bam. She runs it through and says hell with registration only. We can get it titled. So I am registered and a CLEAR TITLE in my name will be here in a few weeks. Today was a good day.

29. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

After getting the firewall welded back in I dumped a bunch of blues together and got it pretty damn close. Painted it back to the first rib. I think it did well for mixing paints together to match a crap paint job from the early 60’s
    0414C11E-E0B1-43B3-8B6A-2C3A96F85C7E.jpeg
    64CD1F2B-1900-40F7-AD07-18537E4840FC.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  30. Hombre

Hombre

That is good news for all of us. This damn thread has been the pits at times, and at other times seeing this car come together has been a bonus. Looks like the bad parts are now done. Good Luck Man it is a cool car. Worth the price you had to pay---well only you can answer that question. My opinion HELL YES it IS.

Stogy and loudbang like this.