Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 chevrolet coupe inspiration.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Lono, Mar 14, 2018.

1. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

YOWSA!!!!!!!!!!!

'Mo likes this.
  2. Lono

Lono

Holly wet spot Batman!

3. Lono

Lono

Well, still waiting my turn in the barbershop. I'm now 10 days away and all in place for lift off.
    Been sitting on my hands all winter reading this from the first post and getting antsy. wont be home till April 15th and its chewing away at me. it'll be sitting back in my shop, waiting for me with its new attitude.

BigO likes this.
  4. 'Mo

'Mo

Will we be seeing any pics of the process?

Lono likes this.
  5. Lono

Lono

Absotootly

BigO and 'Mo like this.
  6. Lono

Lono

Designed a pin stripe pattern for the rear. Its not for everyone but is for me. Its broken into colours to make the pattern more visible for the artist to do. trunk.jpg

BigO likes this.
  7. 'Mo

'Mo

I always said you dance to a different drummer.
    Pinstripe pattern, or tattoo flash?
    (When you say "...for the rear", you were referring to the car, No? :D)

8. Lono

Lono

Hah! yeah, it calls for a bigger trunk than I have.

9. Looks better than factory, they should have built that style.

NashRodMan likes this.
  10. 'Mo

'Mo

This popped up on another thread. Whatcha think? ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    mgtstumpy, Outback, Fern 54 and 2 others like this.
  11. Lono

Lono

Well its been a long winter away and lots of changes in my world.
    I canceled the chop a week away from the saw. That was a hard decision and the beginning of many more to follow.
    I also chose to close my off topic company I've operated since 1999 that's been my bankroll for all the cars I've built since then. In closing comes all the corporate closing costs, taxes and misc costs and with that, I've said goodbye to this, my 65th car I've built since I was 15.
    It's been a roller coaster of ongoing learning, meeting people from around the world and falling in love with steel wheels 65 times.
    I've got some finishing touches to do for the new owner and will enjoy a final cruise and photo opp before she leaves the end of may.
    Now, rather than hunt for the next lover, the job will be clearing out parts, tools and memorabilia. From there it's time to scale down and sell our property to a shop free three bay home that'll be easier to leave in the winters.
    Of all the cars that have come and gone there have been many that stand out to me. This one is on the list, along with a 55 nomad, chopped 50 ford, 31 chopped and channeled ford couple, a James Dean 550 spyder and a 65 vette.

I'll share this thread with the new owner in hopes he keeps it going because her story isn't over. I got to say, this has been a wild and fun chapter in my life but now I'm prepared for the next chapter filled with adventures unknown.

Cheers everyone, happy motoring

Fern 54 and Peanut 1959 like this.
  12. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

It's been enjoyable following along with the build and hope the new owner will pick up where you've left off and keep us posted with the finish of the build. Good luck in your future endeavors whatever they may be.

Lono likes this.
  13. Lono

Lono

Well, lots going on in the real world but I thought I'd drop a quick note.
    When I returned from tucson, Corinna got another round of bodywork and 2 gallons of laquer before the new owner came up to claim her. Nows he's got a Lo and Go and Lo and Slow to enjoy.
    Me, I'm done building. Let me find a 62 vette driver to enjoy my twilight years and I'll be a happy camper. FB_IMG_1563029631538.jpg

Fern 54 and Peanut 1959 like this.
  14. 'Mo

'Mo

Thanks for posting, Lono. The Chevy looks great!!! I was hoping to see it again.
    And I hope you find that Vette.

15. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Great thread with a few good tips. Is the car still in BC or did it go south? I was hoping to see it one day.

16. Lono

Lono

Now living in victoria

Peanut 1959 likes this.