Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Mr. Palumbo's Shoebox project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buddy Palumbo, Sep 10, 2011.

1. jhexide

jhexide
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

coming right along Buddy,Welcome back.....

2. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks !

3. 54stude

54stude

Welcome back Buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Do you have paint yet Allen?

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks !

It's going to be it's original color, Bayview Blue metallic.

6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Here she is, waiting for the sealer coat - then it's color time !

[​IMG]

7. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Lookin good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Wow, great progress!

9. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks guys. I've been working on this car so long, it's exciting to think of it in shiney paint. Whatever it's future, it'll go there looking good !

10. belair

belair

The secret is to keep breathing and lean into it. A therapy car doesn't hurt either. Glad you're back, and I love the color you have in mind.

11. LongT

LongT

Welcome back! The car is looking good!

Bill

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks guys. I haven't gotten the chance to get over and look at the car, so it's cool to see the progress pics that Craig sends me. I'm hoping to get over and look at it this week sometime.
    I've been back and forth on colors since I started this project, but I think the blue won't be outrageous, but will be pretty unusual. We shall see.
    A therapy project is a pretty good idea - it's been that all along. I only drove the car a couple times this season, a shame really. I've been getting my therapy on 2 wheels - spent a lot of time riding my motorcycle .

Stogy likes this.
  13. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

They got a paint sample ready to roll. They're going to shoot a test piece and see how it looks (inside the trunk is still blue). Judging by the pic, it's darn close. I've gotta get my butt in gear and go over and scope out the car. Now I have another reason to get there, lol !

[​IMG]

14. Your car will look good in that color blue, mine is a lighter blue non metallic and is what I'm going to go with.

15. parabola

parabola
    BANNED
    from OR

Ford52PU likes this.
  16. ^^^ My '51 is a little lighter than that. I think it is called Glacier Blue.

17. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Looks nice !

That's a cool color too !

I've been all over the place with possible colors, most recently a light green. My car was originally this color blue, so I decided since it was a cool color, I'd go for it. It should look interesting lowered, with cool hubcaps and Merc skirts.

[​IMG]

Stogy and parabola like this.
  18. ^^^ That is a very nice looking car. Is there metallic in the paint? It just appears to have that, dazzle!

19. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

IIRC that pic is from an original '49 sales ad, in the same color, Bayview Blue Metallic .

20. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

A sneak peek . Craig texted me these pics this morning. It'll be a while till she's back home , but that's fine with me. It has to be color sanded and buffed yet, but I think it's looking great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. That Sir is one nice looking Coupe.

22. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks guys ! I can't believe it's finally shiney

23. The thrash is on on mine with rewiring and finish cancer surgery that was unexpected in the floors and rockers. I want it shiney come this next cruising season that is around the bend.

24. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Good luck with the rust repair. Sometimes that can mushroom out of control. Just push through it.
    I installed a wire harness kit from Centech Wiring ( www.centechwire.com ) and I'm really glad I did. The kit number is here in my thread, I think it's Ford kit #k-40f . From the first time I hooked up the battery, everything has just worked.

25. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

IMG_3528.JPG

That 49 looks great. Color is perfect.
    Makes me want new paint on mine
    But upholstery is next priority.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and mcsfabrication like this.
  26. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Your 49 looks pretty tastey as it is. Can't wait to see your new interior. My interior is a friggin' disaster, and it's gonna look worse with the fresh paint . Yea well, one piece at a time.

27. I ordered mine from Rebel Wire and so far love it, everything from the fuse panel to the battery connections. 100_0161.JPG
    I got started on it the other day and am working both the wiring and rust. Basically the rust isn't major as far as needing to replace floor pans and body mounts but when I am done it will be solid and done.

flatheadpete likes this.
  28. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Great - then you're ready to roll !
    Some people get really overwhelmed with wiring, thinking it's more than it is. I've installed harnesses from many different places, including factory-style harnesses in the British cars that I restore for a living. The instructions that come with most kit-harnesses have gotten much better than back in the day, which is nice. I tend to lean towards kits that allow you to hook the wires up to the fuse box yourself - it keeps things very clean and un-cluttered under the dash. I always tell people that if they get frustrated or stuck with wiring, to just walk away, even if for an hour, and go back at it and it will all work out. If not have a beer or two and go back at it the next day. That always helps, LOL !

29. I have too and this one is so nice and simple "even a caveman could do it." With the individual wires imprinted every 6". There is no way you can get screwed up, almost too simple that you wouldn't even need the printed instructions.