Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Vintage Air in 62 Bel Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jhutch, Jan 11, 2019.

1. jhutch

jhutch

Hi All -

Dumb question, but I'm finishing up the install of a VA Surefit IV system in my Wagon and I'm curious if I can run just the heat (assuming I don't wire up the compressor or put the belt on)? The reason I'm asking is I have it all in, but I need to leave out Sunday for Phoenix and I won't have time to get it charged, but I'd like to have heat.

My wagon was a factory AirCon car, btw - this installation was fairly easy. There's quite a lot to do but if you take it small chunks over a couple of weeks it can easily be accomplished. What they include in the kit is pretty complete too. I am very impressed so far - can't wait to see it perform.

I'm heading to Phoenix for a sales meeting from the SF Bay Area, then I'm heading to Tucson with the old girl to check out the Zip Tie Drags! Who's going to be there?

--Jon

2. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

It won't hurt to run it without the A/C . Go have fun with your car and don't worry about not having the compressor hooked up

3. jhutch

jhutch

Thanks. My thought was it was ok to do that, but it's a spendy system and I didn't want to do any thing that would damage it. The instructions state not to run the compressor if its not charged, makes sense, but if it's not wired or belted there's no chance of that.

I'm putting the dash and electrical back together tonight and hoping to get it fired up so I can tune a bit tomorrow and work out any other bugs I may have introduced. I installed a New Port Wiper motor and switch too since it's raining here finally along with a new fuse panel and dash wiring from American Autowire.

After this trip, it'll be back to work on the Roadster.