Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEMIDAV

HEMIDAV
    from FL.

2. HEMIDAV

HEMIDAV
    from FL.

3. HEMIDAV

HEMIDAV
    from FL.

Pittsburg, PA 1962 3 pittsburg, pa.png

4. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

OK Now .......Just WHO are ya' sayin' wants to date cousin Jenny Mae ???????????

[​IMG]

1947knuck, racer-x, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  5. loner1

loner1
    from Texas

6. loner1

loner1
    from Texas

7. loner1

loner1
    from Texas

8. loner1

loner1
    from Texas

9. This was a car bombing on July 27, 1961 in Philadelphia.
    The caption was, ""State's star witness, Richard Blaney, in fantastic upstate burglary killed by bomb blast.
    [​IMG]
    "Explosion-wrecked automobile in which Richard J. Blaney met death outside his home at 6011 Alma st. Blaney was the key prosecution witness in the John B. Rich burglary case in Pottsville."

[​IMG]
    "Richard Blaney car ... sitting directly in front of his home at 6011 Alma st."

[​IMG]
    "General view with the Richard Blaney car on the scene sitting directly in front of his home at 6011 Alma st." Crowds have gathered in the street to watch police.

BigO, dan c, j hansen and 9 others like this.
  10. Deuces, Bleach and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. hudson48

hudson48

I have known Tommy for many years but didn't know he had that car. Looks like that photo was maybe when they were heading to Narrandera in 73? I left Brisbane in late 71 to live in Sydney and then Newcastle and returned in 1976.
    That is when I joined Rods Inc previously having been in The Lively Set Hot Rod Club with Kevin"Junky" Myers,
    Eric Ehlers, Earl Smith and others from the early days of hot rodding in Brisbane.

Bleach and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. JD Miller

JD Miller

[​IMG]

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I bet those made for some good warranty work for the dealers, those had to have taken quite a while to completely burn off after being sold. I can just here the salesman on the test drive "don't worry Mrs. Smith, it should quit smoking before you get home".

EMD567, Bleach and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Poida

Poida
    from Queensland

Yep, that Tom. He bought the Vicki in Townsville, where he served most of his National Service. The photo was taken at a servo in Narrandera, Easter 1973; the first Street Rod Nationals in Australia. The Ford's 6v generator had died, but he was able to locate one and get on his way, after picking up the hard luck (Qld) award. The Vicki was quite the star for a couple of years, which must have been when you and Geraldine were down south.
    /p

chryslerfan55 and Bleach like this.
  15. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

I thought that maybe he took someone else's parking space ??? Wait ...That's only in Chicago...:)..

16. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

This cars has been around since the 60's and is one of those "evolved cars" that got constantly modified as seasons went by.

Sadly Ron Silvester passed away in 1995 from cancer, but his son Grant took over the reins [he still campaigns this car today at historic/vintage meetings]

Here's a photo of the donkey [it is a recent pic, but historically accurate]

Ron Silvester 38...engine bay.jpg

More of the car [pre-chopped]
    Ron Silvester 38.jpg

17. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Garth Souness chasing Rod Coppins with Red Dawson sneaking up behind in the Willys
    Turn 1 at Pukekohe raceway
    Garth Souness chasing Rod Coppins with Red Dawson sneaking up in the Willys.PNG

The same race and 1st corner [different angle] used to promote a later race meeting

img820_1.jpg

18. I'm pretty sure this car belonged to my friend, Neil Smedley, who lives not far from me here. He might have built it when he was still in Buffalo. It is an NHRA Super Stocker. (note the tubbed rear and big slicks).
    I doubt there could have been more than one of these babies.
    It was some kind of dual quad 413, 383, 361. Not real familiar with the foreign cars. LOL

19. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Another shot of the Rod Coppins coupe racing at Ardmore Airfield
    RIP Rod [you were taken from us too soon]

Rod Coppins (141 ) at Ardmore.jpg

20. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

This view is of E. 11st street at Walnut looking toward the west. The Macy's shown is a block farther west at Main St. The tall buildings caused the wind to play havoc with ladies clothing and the area was aptly known as Petticoat Lane. There was several retail stores in the area as well as a bunch of office buildings.

The Petticoat Lane designation was a result of the windy days and the retail establishments as well as the street signs indicated the street as Petticoat Lane. The area was well secured by the groups of motorcycle policemen that watched over the safety of the pedestrians as well as watching the battles with the wind.

Then one day it was all over. Someone was offended by the designation after many, many years and it all went away.

21. ANOTHER really cool NW car!

[​IMG]

LowKat, Bowtie Coupe, Smiffy and 4 others like this.
  22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I'd really dig to see a video of that thing on the circuit.
    Edit
    Holy crap, I just noticed the ? Beam? axle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.