Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Interior photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 2, 2019.

1. I've been looking forward to getting a interior for my sedan, I have a list of all the materials I will need and I have thought of everything ~ except the style, I know I want something simple and not over the top, a single color but I haven't decided on the look.

This is where I ask you guys to post photos of your seats and door panels give me some ideas, I like what Dave did in the wagon but that style just won't work in the sedan.

Thanks in advance. HRP

2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I kind of like some old styles may self,the ones were the sew lines made the look,not so much the colors/but the right two colors can match up too a car good too. I sewed the yellow n Black my self. I cheated by using preformed pleats that was an still is pretty cool. The patterns used on seat covers were also cool an EZ to do. These are from the 1950s,an I think work OK ,even if only all one color!.
    For those that wish too try doing it your self,or just knowing how; I did tech on how I did my own hot rod on very low $
    ;https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/tech-sew-at-home-upholsrety-hot-rod.604077/ 5102015c.jpg otherOldPattrens.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  3. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

I like Diamonds, not mine, but was for sale on Hamb last yr Screenshot_20170906-053531~2.jpeg

. . .

4. Gman0046

Gman0046

You could never go wrong with black rolls and pleats.

-Brent-, dana barlow and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

5. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was were you are now earlier this year. I did a lot of research before selecting my pattern and colors. Although it two tone the style is sort of simple and none too complicated or easily dated. I think this will still be cool long after my days with her are finished.
    upload_2019-1-2_19-32-9.png

7. OK:
    IMG_0935.JPG
    Don't forget the safety features
    IMG_2942.JPG

Just kidding! This
    IMG_1234.JPG
    Was in this IMG_1233_2.JPG

Or this
    IMG_1230_2.JPG

chevy57dude, BJR, Lil'Alb and 6 others like this.
  8. Or like the old ones in my pile-o-parts sedan. K.I.S.S.
    20180605_183555.jpg

9. Shop boy

Shop boy

I had my worn out original Model A Vicky interior replaced with a LaBaron Bonney Co. kit this past spring. My trimmer actually suggested the idea. Buying the kit saved the time and expense of the trimmer making patterns off of the original seats, doors, carpet, etc.
    I had everything sewn up using one of their good quality vinyls instead of the mohair though. But we had all of the pleats for the seats, door cards, etc. sewn in the original style patterns. It is essentially a restorers' kit but made in vinyl if that makes any sense? I am not sure if I can figure out how to post pics, but if you are interested you could pm me and I could possibly attach pics to a return email? I know that original patina paint is not everyone's cup of tea so I have never attempted posting any pics of this hot rod. Plus new interior in a car with 1931 paint also doesn't sound like it would work either. But, as they say, "It don't have to suit anyone but me." Oh, we also used Hartz cloth in the new roof insert. The shine of the original style vinyl really looked out of place with the old paint all around it.

10. F&J

F&J

Them Wimens really likey WHITE interiors..lol

1931 Cadillac V12 narrowed sedan seat (free)...and $10 swapmeet 1937 Ford hood stainless trim pieces, cut and capped ends. Marine white vinyl.

I don't know these people. People just come over wherever I stop.
    DSCN2180.JPG DSCN2181.JPG
    Get over it...;)...Take pride in your ride.:cool: I'd like to see the Vicky, and others here will too. If you can send email pics, I can load them here. PM sent

11. seat pattern.jpg 1 I had done in 1 of my 32's Danny

32owner, mkebaird, Lepus and 13 others like this.
  12. wicarnut

wicarnut

by wicarnut posted Aug 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM[/GALLERY] On seat insert suggest you use perforated material to make more comfy on warm days, these were buckets with inserts, bench seat same idea needed IMO, door/roof/panels/tuck and roll for accent even in one color adds style. da34 guy posted a very nice example. Good Luck !

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  13. garage2small

garage2small

14. cederholm

cederholm

Awesome thread! I often wonder what you guys are hiding on the inside of your cars.

~ Carl

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Danny: As cool as your car is if it were mine and I was at this crossroads I would do the interior as close to stock as possible. Just my thoughts.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. F&J

F&J

Here are the interior pics of that 31 Vicky sent to me by owner Shop boy:
    IMG_0342.jpg IMG_0341.jpg
    There was one close up of the door panel that I can't seem to get loaded from the zip file, but you can see it in the pic above

17. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great thread HRP, I've spent the last few evenings surfing the Web looking at interiors as I need to re-cover the seats in the '41 Chevy and do the full interior of the '51 Ford. Consider me subscribed!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. My avatar..fan of rolled and pleated, any color.
    IMG_1848.JPG

19. verde742

verde742

this is "work in Progress"

IMG_1988.jpg IMG_1989.jpg IMG_1992.jpg

20. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Ivory and black. Very simple.
    sedan interior - 14.jpg sedan interior - 13.jpg 32 sedan interior - rear seat.jpg sedan interior 003.JPG

BJR, VF-1, HOTRODPRIMER and 12 others like this.
  21. upspirate

upspirate

22. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is that the original seat bottom? Mine seems to go straight up from the riser, yours looks like it rolls out toward the dash a bit...much cooler and more comfy looking.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. I like the pocket in the door and or the under dash shelf.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. I'm a big fan of materials, such as mohair, and the craftsmanship of the '40s showing up in vehicles (rods) of the '30s. Leather done well, period style, is a close second. Personally, I'll pass on the cardboard lookin' door panels and trim them to the same degree as the seats. I'll also pass on any Y2K+ buckets and consoles, etc.

Here's some Show-n-Tell I lifted from the internet..........
    mohair1.jpg M&M hot rod interiors.jpg

Post #11 (Danny's 32) gets a big thumbs up from me. ;)

25. Not a sedan, but my 34 truck....just simple and cheap:

Interior 2.JPG

26. The interior in my '34 5-window Ford Coupe. Glide seat assembly.

'34 interior.jpg

27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

28. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

29. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR