Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. AndysComet

AndysComet
    from SOMD

Awesome thanks guys! Makes me second guess the red tint but maybe if the rest of the car looks a little more aggressive

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. A little more aggressive. ;) 1963 Mercury Comet Rat Rod Gasser Straight Axle S22 Hard Top.png

3. AndysComet

AndysComet
    from SOMD

Yall having fun with these huh? :D

How about red tint with the black steelies amd lowered in the front?

4. mike bowling

mike bowling

How about this one? Lol , Happy New Year! Mike B.[​IMG]

barrnone50 and madfish like this.
  5. AndysComet

AndysComet
    from SOMD

The wife and I have been talking about selling everything and becoming nomads...

6. Remember when I did this one...This could be your project for the New Yearo_O

camper.jpg

7. madfish

madfish

@AndysComet

Paul Newman used to say that he liked cars that go fast, not look fast. So...I'd put my money into restoring that car and slapping a HIPO 289 in it along with the appropriate transmission and rear end.. Something like this. (Then when y'all are feelin' froggy y'all can go huntin' y'alls cousins in them red tinted window cars.:) )

merc.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  8. AndysComet

AndysComet
    from SOMD

Agreed, thats the way I went with it. Built SBF 347, AOD with 4r70w internals and 10" 3200 PTC converter, manual valve body, 8.8 posi with 3.73, disk brakes and 5 lug all around. It does ok and still cruises 65 at 2400ish!

I do like the steelies with center caps. Makes me want a set of those too! My mind is always wandering, I can never settle on a style.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    509garyd and madfish like this.
  9. Happy New Year all!
    Madfish helped me years ago with color choice on my F-1. Now I'm thinking of changing the wheels to
    body color Steelies, caps and rings. Could someone give me a look at it? Thanks for all you guys do.

10. w.jpg

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

One more for the new year.
    2. AndysComet dropped n raked.jpg

whtbaron, 509garyd and themoose like this.
  12. AndysComet

AndysComet
    from SOMD

Nice! Looks so much better at lower altitude. Thanks man! Interesting without the bumpers. I had the front off while I was painting the engine bay and it looked kinda unfinished.

OahuEli and 509garyd like this.
  13. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Another take on the '56 Chevy taillights. 1954%20Ford%20Custom%20w%201956%20Chevy%20Taillights.jpeg

sdluck, Hombre, BigO and 2 others like this.
  14. Looks pretty good. They flow well with that body style.

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  15. 509garyd and themoose like this.
  16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry guys but a stock upside down 56 Chevrolet light would never be any choice of mine. With a Lee lense it might pass my muster but no other way...

verde742 likes this.
  17. OK, so here is a stupid idea, but I get them often. I have this '53 Ford truck cab, but no bed. I love Dream Truck/Tranny John style custom trucks and have access to a Desoto wagon rear end, soooo..... maaaaaybe something cool could come of this combo? Anyone want to try? I'm open to chopping, sectioning, extended fins, stude pans, whatever. Mostly, I'd just like to see if the wagon tail end is a good place to start and can turn into something cool....

Dream Truck of course...

IMG_3824.JPG

Tranny John's....

IMG_5761.JPG

Just for grins....Mickey Brown's F100 (don't worry about trying to match paint LOL) and some wagon shots I hope are close enough to the right angle.

IMG_9567.JPG 130476.jpg IMG_9564.JPG 130465.jpg

1stGrumpy likes this.
  18. verde742

verde742

Can't say I don't LIKE dream truck, BUT It always looked like it had a "full diaper"
    to me...

19. LOL. I don't fit in it comfortably, maybe looks like a full diaper, but I would still make a way to put it in my garage and drive it a whole lot given the opportunity. ;)

20. ctfordguy

ctfordguy

Hello The Moose,
    Please tell me where the TEXACO station is? It looks like a station I remember from 40 years ago on Route 138 in Kingston, Rhode Island.
    Thank, Bruce/CT

21. Could be something. I´d suggest it needs to sectioned though, to match the depth of the DeSoto side panels better. Shoved the front wheels forwards too, just because.
    F100.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  22. Wow! That was fast! Thanks James. Might be onto something here.... :D

James D likes this.
  23. @drdave

I like the idea but I'm not really into a real radical design. If I were going to do the build here's my concept...Clean and simple

PU.jpg

24. The bed can't be wider than the rear wheels, but narrower than the cab.

drdave likes this.
  25. Squablow

Squablow

I really like James D's idea of replacing the box sides with the wagon quarters but still incorporating the stepside fenders, I don't think I've ever seen that done before, in real life or in Photoshop. Most I've seen make the truck into a fleetside, or fenderless for 20's and 30's models. I think it works even better as a shortbox. (hope you don't mind I chopped up your pic James D)

F100.jpg

Black_Sheep, drdave, themoose and 2 others like this.
  26. Not at all. I prefer it with the short bed too now i see it.
    You can't really make a fleetside as the bed would have to be wider than the cab to cover the rear wheels. The transition would be ugly, so you really need the stepside arches.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    drdave and Squablow like this.
  27. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Or you could buy a Dodge Sweptside pickup, customized straight from the factory!

57 Dodge Sweptside.jpg

Black_Sheep, OahuEli and themoose like this.
  28. goldmountain

goldmountain

You captured the gas pump reflection on the roof. You are try amazing.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

themoose likes this.
  29. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

I like where these are going! I've always had a thought of taking an Effie pickup 1211clt-01-o-1955-ford-panel-truck-front.jpg and using the rear quarters from the panel van and kinda doing a Chevy Cameo kind of effort.

drdave, themoose and James D like this.