Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The Phantom Of Rebel Road

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 2, 2019.

1. missysdad1

missysdad1

2. Yeah, me too. Even with the mistakes and hokey acting it was fun to watch and those flatheads sounded really good! I didn't expect Gone with the Wind quality. Remember those old movies when a v/8 ford sounded like an Austin Healey?
    This one kinda reminded me of American Thrill Ride

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  3. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

HIGH and TIGHT !!!! You should try it sometime.

4. WillyKJr

WillyKJr
    from Blackstone

Gawd that is awful. Somehow charming. The use of the time period is commendable but man that was tough to watch. Gotta start somewhere though. My first hot rod builds prolly weren't very good either.

5. I kinda liked it,,,

6. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The kid is a GREAT mini greaser. I loved it, and critics - lighten up Francis. Where's your hot rod movie?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  7. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

And every guy wore a black leather jacket, white t-shirt, and black converse low-tops...

but none the less putting aside my bias, it's a fun little movie.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. scott27

scott27

lothiandon1940 and missysdad1 like this.
  9. That's the beauty of living in America, we have a inalienable right to like or dislike anything we please, right or wrong depending on what side of the fence you are standing.

I applaud the guy for making the effort but he missed the mark and I am entitled to my opinion. HRP

scott27 likes this.
  10. Film by Charles Wall. Starring Rylie Wall. HRP its a home movie dude. Spiffed up for fun, but still a home movie. Kid and his dad. "Aren't you being a little hard on the Beaver, Ward?" "Golly gee."

We get it .... you don't like it Siskel. 2 thumbs down. Moving on .....

Don't you have another thread to start ? Sheez' golly willakers.

Junior Stock, Baumi, jimgoetz and 3 others like this.
  11. Let me look around and see if I can find my black hat, I am the bad guy today.:rolleyes: HRP

WillyKJr and scott27 like this.
  12. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I thought it was pretty damn good for a HOME MOVIE project. What is odd to me is the timing of this being shown because I too am in the process of making a Spaghetti western(I'm not a film maker)Just for a fun home movie project. I sure Won't be showing it to you guys.;);) No cars

Junior Stock and missysdad1 like this.
  13. What makes me roll my eyes is if a regular HAMB member posted this and said this is what his son and grand kids did everyone would be doing back flips about how cute and great it is getting the kids involved with old cars.

14. Gr8laker

Gr8laker
    from Michigan

Ryan, you lit ‘em up again!

15. Wheeliedave

Wheeliedave

Come on all you naysayers ! I think Ryan hit a home run ! Watching it was like being a kid again and we don't often get to do that !

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahahaaaa, that ´s cool. I think they put a lot of love and effort in this "no-budget" -production and I dig it....That´s one hell of a family project and I bet they had a lot of fun filming and acting. And by the way, I watched " Walk the line" a few nights ago , I love that movie but did you ever notice the tinted window 40 Ford sporting radials parked at the back door of Sun Studios or the station wagon with those 17" Tork Trusts across the street from the studio? The detoriating rubber seals on the then brand new 65 Ford F100 ??Or any of the other flaws in this high budget Hollywood production?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. I was rooting for the guy with the switchblade to cut himself.

Junior Stock likes this.
  18. Hemiroid

Hemiroid

15 minutes I'll never get back...
    It did make this grumpy old guy smile...